TSI Tavor Update

rws591

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least they're not dropping the GBB module :)

And that's the reason I'm happy to ditch my ARES Tavor in favour of TSI's model.

As for WE as a GBB IMHO WE is a better GBB system than WA-less complex than WA, more robust and more recoil. With a WA type GBB you'll need a whole load of upgrade parts to get to the same performance and robustness level as a stock WE. The WE mags have (or continue) to be generally rubbish- I have 2 down at any one time out of a total of 8. One would hope that TSI would produce better quality mags.

Also, lets hope that the GBB module is CO2 ready since the CO2 mags are better than the Propane ones. However given that it looks like it's going be a WE GBB system, then it'll be CO2 ready- something the WA has not done- a big PLUS for WE. CO2 makes my M4 rock like a real steel Diemaco M4 and still stay within 350fps :)

For their GBB module. they'll have to develop the system from scratch due to where the mags are placed, and I seriously doubt they can use existing M4 GBB mags in the market in their gun unless they got themselves some brilliant minds to make it happen. That's why it is understandable why they want to finish the IDF contract first before they would even start R&D-ing into a GBB module, it's going to be a propriety system -> expensive to develop.

And for the reason, I wouldnt' be entirely suprised if they chose a "gas in the gun" design which allows you to use existing M4 AEG mags in your GBB.

For their GBB module. they'll have to develop the system from scratch due to where the mags are placed, and I seriously doubt they can use existing M4 GBB mags in the market in their gun unless they got themselves some brilliant minds to make it happen. That's why it is understandable why they want to finish the IDF contract first before they would even start R&D-ing into a GBB module, it's going to be a propriety system -> expensive to develop.

And for the reason, I wouldnt' be entirely suprised if they chose a "gas in the gun" design which allows you to use existing M4 AEG mags in your GBB.

But they said WE mags :huh: .

and why couldnt they use them?

I've looked everywhere on TSI Armouries' Facebook page and nowhere did they say anything about their plans for GBB? :huh:

I forgot where he said it (it was on this forum, though), but it was around maybe June/July when Guy said that they have plans for a GBB system. Then, everyone went into a tizzy speculating whether it'll be gas-in-mag, external air, or gas-in-gun. Guy DEFINITELY said it himself, though.

I forgot where he said it (it was on this forum, though), but it was around maybe June/July when Guy said that they have plans for a GBB system. Then, everyone went into a tizzy speculating whether it'll be gas-in-mag, external air, or gas-in-gun. Guy DEFINITELY said it himself, though.

i know they were taking about eh GBB version, i was talking about when whoever said it was taking WE mags

You do know that the forum allows you to find out every single post a user has made? And if you did just that, Guy didn't comment much about a GBB drop-in module other than "We are leaning toward the "gas in the gun and not mag" concept, providing we can come with a solution that can keep the rifle skirmishable" in March?

Oh, and

"The development of the GBB variant has been temporarily put on hold due to a looming contract with the IDF. We are examining their needs, and will likely release the GBB in a configuration that will match the same specifications as the weapon provided the IDF"

The info I provided came straight from TSI Armorie's Facebook via INSTANT MESSAGE. He did say R&D had been put on hold but would be resumed shortly. I specifically asked if it was gas-in gun or gas-in mag design because I also remembered that he had said gas-in gun. He definetly said it was gas-in magazine design. They may not really be quite sure what it will be as of yet.

You do know that the forum allows you to find out every single post a user has made? And if you did just that, Guy didn't comment much about a GBB drop-in module other than "We are leaning toward the "gas in the gun and not mag" concept, providing we can come with a solution that can keep the rifle skirmishable" in March?

Oh, and

"The development of the GBB variant has been temporarily put on hold due to a looming contract with the IDF. We are examining their needs, and will likely release the GBB in a configuration that will match the same specifications as the weapon provided the IDF"

Sheesh, sorry. I'm aware of that feature, I was just on my way out and couldn't dedicate the time.

I know that you can search posts here, but i wasnt talking about what Guy said here, im talking about what Mac said he was told on Facebook via IM, like he said.

"Well I spoke to TSI via IM on Facebook and I was told my order was third batch and would ship next week. The also have two additional pictures of the weapon on their Facebook. I was also told the GBB kit will be a gas in mag design compatible with WE mags. The RD was put on hold but will be resumed shortly. No estimate on price."

And he only posted that within the last few pages ;) , and no im its definitely that they are using this as things change, but this the latest update we have on the GBB.

From what I recall, TSI had a while back planned on making the Tavor compatible with WE mags. However, the IDF and some possible contracts with large real steel vendors may have altered those plans for using the WE system, as their specific requirements for a GBB system as a training weapon might affect how TSI's Tavor system will be designed. So the GBB is still planned, but is perhaps in flux as to how it will be implemented until more clear direction is given to them.

The gas debate is a diversion.

Did the buffers arrive and when are the AEGs shipping?

It's not a diversion as the GBB issue has no affect on the AEG release. People keep asking about the GBB stuff and discussing what they all think it should be, so it comes up in the thread and derails the predominant conversation of when the gun will come out. The only people derailing/diverting the conversation as you say, are the people posting in this thread.

Call the IDF. They apparently have.

AND START READING THE THREAD! No... No one else than the IDF have received their tavor. The tavor is supposed to be sent this week or the next. No exact date. Cant we all just wait until somebody gets the tracking number? Or actually holds the rifle in their hands...

The ones that are in the second batch will probably tell us. So... Patience...

Archived