New type DBoys HK416

TheFull9

Yup, my buffer tube came short just like everyone else's.

I'm staring at a dboys 6 position tube sitting right in front of me and it really doesn't make much sense to stick a 5 position one on the gun...

talked with the Engineer today and it goes like this DBoys model is a clone of VFC apparently and the American build (Made) has same stock receiver like M4 has (:P lazy or confort who knows why they didnt change it) European build the "original made" German made apparently it has 5 position stock tube from which this one is cloned. So its correct just you Americans have it changed because of whatever reason US people wanted to change it.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys,

I've got my 416 back at the 23rd of april, and without even opening the box, i gave it to my good buddy who repairs/upgrades aegs.

he also wrote in this topic about the mag catch issue, but it got resolved, but for some strange reason, only for the MAG plastic midcaps, but i dont care since i only use those mags. (because the trademarks lol..)

the nozzle, the whole hopup chamber was a piece of shees, i almost wrote it down :D spring was also a turd, it shot about 200 fps. anyways, i ordered an element hop chamber,CA metal bushings, a guarder hop rubber, and a deepfire h-bucking,. from my previous jg 416, we swapped the 6,04mm Systema BS barrel, and after a thorough shimming, with greasing, this beauty shoots 375 fps. (+/-1 fps whic i think is remarkable.) i dont plan high fps's with this beauty, because 1: our airsoft rules doesnt permit full auto over 420, and we have a saying that 350 fps is enough for everything lol.

had rewired the GB to the buttstock, since i dislike the PEQ box, and had a spare 417 type crane stock too. with a simple 8,4v 1700 mAh GP battery, i can shoot 2200-2500 bbs with ease.

being a second gun,(since im an HK addict, i have a G36K, the 416, an MP7), i think this is more than enough.

and instead of last words, some eyecandy:

boyi_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

talked with the Engineer today and it goes like this DBoys model is a clone of VFC apparently and the American build (Made) has same stock receiver like M4 has (:P lazy or confort who knows why they didnt change it) European build the "original made" German made apparently it has 5 position stock tube from which this one is cloned. So its correct just you Americans have it changed because of whatever reason US people wanted to change it.

No. The American made HK416 has a 6 position buffer tube, as does the M4a1.

aa, didnt i just say a 6 position buffer...? i said US version has 6 position buffer size same as their M4 in US build versions, atleast i tried to say that :D

Ah fair point.

Considering, however, that the production model of the 416 has a 6 position stock tube, it's still a bit of an oversight on DBOY's behalf.

Ah fair point.

Considering, however, that the production model of the 416 has a 6 position stock tube, it's still a bit of an oversight on DBOY's behalf.

does anyone here have the actual VFC HK416? does that have 6 or 5 position stock tube?

Ah fair point.

actually its on many things like Cars etc. US models tend to differ from European models so this could have some truth inside there, factories tend to change what is best for local markets, even here in China have some products like Mobile phones that differ from outside even it has the same name and model :P

Not on firearms. That's a pretty consistent thing. An M4's and M4. To be honest I've never heard of a 5 position stock tube.... You have to see, the reason this is something we're all kinda being pushy about is because this is a rather... odd thing. There's no real reason why a 5 position stock tube SHOULD exist, as... well it's not something that really should exist. It changes the length of a pretty standard item that... it's very confusing WHY this happened lol....

Not on firearms. That's a pretty consistent thing. An M4's and M4. To be honest I've never heard of a 5 position stock tube.... You have to see, the reason this is something we're all kinda being pushy about is because this is a rather... odd thing. There's no real reason why a 5 position stock tube SHOULD exist, as... well it's not something that really should exist. It changes the length of a pretty standard item that... it's very confusing WHY this happened lol....

yeah i know what you mean, but still have you seen European versions? i doubt it :P, i can understand why they would use in USA the same stock tube as M4 as US people have growed to learn to like M4s so they want to cater it, it could make perfect sense on this. but unless we get anyone to prove, i will take their word for it over yours sorry. so any VFC owners or anyone in the army in Germany browse these forums who might have used the European version of HK416 could confirm it easily.

yeah i know what you mean, but still have you seen European versions? i doubt it :P, i can understand why they would use in USA the same stock tube as M4 as US people have growed to learn to like M4s so they want to cater it, it could make perfect sense on this. but unless we get anyone to prove, i will take their word for it over yours sorry. so any VFC owners or anyone in the army in Germany browse these forums who might have used the European version of HK416 could confirm it easily.

The pictures of the Norwegian HK416s I've seen have all had 6 position stock tubes.

Hello all,

Sorry if it's wrong place, but I think best to ask you. Does a Dboys 416 body fit a JG416 ?

Regards and thanks

Pierre

You probably would have to make modifications around the bolt catch, as the Dboys is apparently a clone of the VFC, which has a somewhat proprietary gearbox to support the working bolt catch. I've never owned a JG though, so I can't confirm anything...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, a friend of mine wants me to order one of these for him (I really don't understand how he can be almost 21 and not have a credit or debit card) and I was wondering where you guys in the US ordered yours from. It's a good $15 cheaper after shipping through Gunner compared to RSOV, but Gunner covers the trademark in some sort of stuff you need paint thinner to fix. I'm a little worried about ordering through RSOV after seeing those orange tips going all the way onto the gas block. Why don't they just paint the flash hider or put a plastic flash hider on there? So, what do you guys think, Gunner or RSOV?

I really wish I could afford one of these for myself, but I'll have to stick with living vicariously. Lousy school is expensive enough on its own, but buying books with my own money for the fifth time now is stating to get old fast.

Working with RSOV was a great experience. Mine showed up fast and in excellent condition.

I like the fact that the gun came with trades. Overall the gun is pretty sweet, I just wish the receiver was black to match the rest of the gun. I recall reading that the future models are being updated, so that is something to look forward to.

The orange was ugly, but it forced me to learn how to work on the gun a bit which I'm actually pretty happy about. The orange stripped really easily and the paint looks great.

My gearbox is the black shell version, which is different from some of the other ones I've seen posted.

Order from RSOV, there are some serious orange stuff, but at least you get the trademarks. Gunners will scratch them off permanently.

Hmm, according to the reviews on Gunner, they use "correction fluid."

when you order this gun when you recieve it the Hk trademarks will be covered with a nail polish type of paint, to remove it use nail polish remover and apply with cotton sweab let soak then gently rub the paint off with a non metal scraping material such as a plastic pick or fingernail. I love my new Hk 416's I got from gunner airsoft!

**********From gunner*************

Those paint are just correction fluid........... you just need some cloth and paint thinner, wipe all paint out, the beautiful marking will be restored~

Seems like it'd be worth saving the money and not having a TON of orange tip to deal with. The only thing is that I've dealt with RSOV in the past and they've been pretty good. I wonder if I could email them and request that they only paint the flash hider.

• 1 month later...

Archived