Mixing camo

urbandork

Lately ive seen a pix of players with woodland bdu shirts and desert pants/trousers.

i was wondering does anyone have n e more pix of camo mixing that looks good and works well.

Here in So Cal most of the mountain areas are rather deserty but still retains the green shrubery. Thus while running around having a desert lower and woodland top looked pertty col in the pix.

Also does anyone know of any camo thats an inbetween woodland and desert. I know theres that new US army digital camo but that looks a bit odd. (and no im not talking about marpat)

thanks in advnaced

The USMC uses digicamo for their tankers and other special troops. Basically it is a blend of all the colors found in a certain enviromen. They get a different style depending on their missions. For instance if they are in a desert area with some brush the camo would be mostly tan with some woodland pixels in the fabric. This may be hard to find I try and get these BDUs from my uncle in the USMC but I have yet to see them anywhere else.

yeah

Im pretty sure ur talking about marpat (marine pattern) aka digi cam and the idea was taken/is similar to that of cadpat. However while marpat is avalible in desert and woodland.

My question is about mixing woodland and desert style camo (or any type of camo) regardless if its digital or normal, and about which combos make a good pair and bad pair. Pictures would be great as well

and as far as that new us army digital camo (not marpat) ill try to find a pic of it

http://www4.army.mil/news/article.php?story=6042

theres the army digital camo. See how its diffrent from Marpat (woodland and desert)

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/gallery/album08/SO12_defense

theres a pic of the half woodland half desert set up

I had a pop at this; not much desert round these parts though :P

Also remember you can mix olive with patterns. Olive is a great all-round camo when used either with desert, woodland or even arctic! You could buy olive gear (helmet/hat, trousers, gloves, webbing etc), then buy desert and woodland shirts. Mix it up :)

dudes i love yo guys. in the way a man loves a car lol. Thanks for all the pix as they are 10 times beter then what i was able to find.

I think i will mix camo as of not im dun with my upper body ghille suit that has woodland colors. I think ill get a OD vest with a woodland undershirt and run around with desert camo on my legs.

Thanks for all the pix as im the kind of person who likes to see what the end product might come out to look like before i dump money into it. (starving college student and proud of it lol)

thanks again

I've mixed woodland and Flecktarn before...

Flecktarn trousers, woodland shirt, Russian helmet...

Hey, it was New Year's Day, what can I say, I was confused :D

As for mixing woodland and desert, go for it, if we had enough sand around here to warrant desert camo, you can more than bet that I'd probably do the same thing

This year I'm actually getting some snow camo, and it's going to be mixed with some of my OD gear, namely my vest, but I'm thinking of ripping up some old white bed sheets and tying them onto my vest to help with my camoflauging efforts, and I'll probably take it off around April or early May (we've been known to get snow in June though and I remember one year when we had a 4th of July parade with snow flying <_< )

At this time of year its good to wear desert coloured combat trousers as they mix well with the leaves that have fallen

I can verify this. My mates brother wore desert camo on one of our skirmishes, and when he was lied down near a tree base he blended in.

team10.jpg

...Even though his top didn't...

Yes it was. I originally was looking for a picture of Russian soldiers at Beslan that I had saved showing a soldier wearing multiple camos, but I couldn't find it. I accidentally clicked on a British Blackwatch soldier with a SUSAT on his FN Minimi while looking for the picture I guess.

If you want, I could put it back up. ;)

Archived