Taking The Other Half Along

Blackweell!

If she wants to go then take her along. Give her a good easy to aim and shoot gun, spend some time teaching her how to handle it and some tactics, give her good camo, proper protective gear, a full face mask, and let her see how she likes it. Either she'll enjoy it or she won't. Be prepared to go home early if she doesn't like it and wants to leave, also be prepared to order a bunch of new gear, lol.

My sister used to play 1 on 1 with me in our big wooded backyard, she enjoyed it. Last summer her friend from HS came over a few times, and we played little games. My girlfriend played once with us, it didn't really catch her interest. A friend of mine has a couple spring pistols she likes to shoot, she might come to a game during the summer. Another friend I've played paintball with before and she enjoys shooting guns when she visits, maybe if she visits this summer she will come play.

One of the guys I play with used to play pro paintball with his wife, now they play airsoft and she's a cop. There's often a couple girls at the commercial airsoft field, and of course many girls on this forum. So there are plenty of girls who enjoy airsoft, if someone asks to go, then take them to a game and try to make sure they have a good time. If they enjoy the game then great, if not, well, it's not for everybody.

I say go for it.

Be prepared to spend at least the morning if not all day "babysitting" her until she starts getting stuck in herself.

Also if she does start playing theres no more "oh I've had this gun ages love" or "It was a bargin off the forums" when you buy new guns.

The amount of times I've said that recently.... ;)

Thanks a lot for the input guys, guess all I've got to do is wait for her to ask and let her see if she likes it!

In my experience it usually doesnt work out for friends who have brought theirs, at first they seem genuinely interested in what would make their dearly beloved spend so much money and run around in nature for a weekend with other people. Then they get all pissy and drags the rest of the crowd down in the black hole because they are no longer attention magnets for their sig others and they will do unruly things to gain attention.

On the other hand have had a few instances where it worked out great.

I think if you are going to take her to a game then nows then time, when it starts getting a bit hotter outside. As then the hits wont sting as much and she will be less inclined to say, can we go home now im bored...

On another note ive been trying to get my missus to go for a while now but i think she will only go if there is another female/person that dosent know what they are doing, that is going to come along as well. Just so they can tag up and watch eachothers bums. Other than that make sure you give her some sort of assualt vest or chest rig, so her boobs are covered up, then if she likes playing then she will be more willing to take the risk and use different kit, clothes.

........as they naturaly have better hand eye co-ordination than us boys

hahahahahahaha thats a good one you obviously have never met my mrs! :P

i took mine to a 28 weeks later themed zombie game...scared the bejusus outta her but she had a pretty good time! ;)

My missus loves the Zombie games but the rest of us don't when our ears are bleeding from the screams :P

I agree that women are naturally a better shot the most males but do not have as much interest to get much better and therefore do not always progress as much over a longer period of time.

Unfortunately my missus knows her weapons very well and therefore knows if we have a new one , although she doesn't go up the armoury as often as me .

I suppose it depends on the woman, if she wants to go then take her, the worst that can happen is she doesn't enjoy it and doesn't go again.

I'm not going to bring my girlfriend anytime soon as she has the grace and co-ordination of an ice-skating elephant with inner-ear problems.

All the guys I play with use airsoft as their Man time so that their old ladies can have their Girl time and maintain some semblence of peace. There are a few girls that come out and play and when they do it's down right funny as we are not particularly the cleanest mouthed group, some of us are fairly raunchy, but they get right into it like they were one of the guys. So if she wants to go, then take her, but dont force it and definetly be prepared to leave. If she makes a big stink about it then astablish it as "man time" so she and her girls can go have their "girl time."

All the guys I play with use airsoft as their Man time so that their old ladies can have their Girl time and maintain some semblence of peace. There are a few girls that come out and play and when they do it's down right funny as we are not particularly the cleanest mouthed group, some of us are fairly raunchy, but they get right into it like they were one of the guys. So if she wants to go, then take her, but dont force it and definetly be prepared to leave. If she makes a big stink about it then astablish it as "man time" so she and her girls can go have their "girl time."

That's kind of said what we're all thinking but not really wanting to say :P I in a way think of it as man time..."AAAAAAHH GUNS KILL!" and all that tacticool *suitcase* we shout when we're trying to clear a room. ;)

I suppose it depends on the woman, if she wants to go then take her, the worst that can happen is she doesn't enjoy it and doesn't go again.

I'm not going to bring my girlfriend anytime soon as she has the grace and co-ordination of an ice-skating elephant with inner-ear problems.

Take it she doesnt read airsoft forums either :P

My wife used to play before the kid came along- she started the same time as me.

Just dont let what happened to me happen to you.

One week we go buy a gun for me, I have my eyes on a nice CA CQB and she went mental saying it was way too much, so I settled for a M15 SPC. Next week after her first skirmish she goes and buys a bloody CQB...

I know of a few couples that come along, we gained our first female team member through it.

If they are interested I'd say get something that pad them out up top (it can hurt) and a gun they can use Jack has a hoofing great L96 and a full stock AK, (he's also 6 foot plus) his missus is only 5'4" and hated using the AK, I lent her my G36c and nearly had to drag it of her at the end of the day, she bought her own and loves it !

Basically, if she's interested, take her to a small skirm and see is she likes it. Make sure she had proper boob protection, otherwise you might be hearing a deafening scream at one point or another.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my girl wants to try it, and she already knows how to shoot pretty well. So I'm pretty well off.

Basically, if she's interested, take her to a small skirm and see is she likes it. Make sure she had proper boob protection, otherwise you might be hearing a deafening scream at one point or another.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my girl wants to try it, and she already knows how to shoot pretty well. So I'm pretty well off.

haha, boob protection :P

sorry, my inner child escaped just then.

I took mine a few months back and she borrowed my buddies MP5 and some of my spare DPMs and glasses.

Chuffing loved it :P (I do have the added bonus of her being the getting stuck in type though.) She didn't enjoy being left on her own during firefights but held it together a lot better than some of the 'men' there! The only thing I had to make sure of was that she was with people she knew, so I made an effort to introduce her to the regulars that I recognised meaning she was always with someone she could chat to. (Which we all know is true of women!)

If it's a geniune interest, then bring her along :)

Ok just gonna throw it out there now....

You probably want to make sure that you both end up on the same team. Otherwise if you shoot her you will have won on the field but not in the bed for quite some time. Nothing sucks more than lighting up your spouse only to realize later on that night that your a lousy cook who cant do their own laundry.

Not from personal experience, just the experience of a now single friend.

Archived