I don't suppose you had a chance to chrono it with the stock bcg in? I'm hoping that the short barrel brings the fps down to about 350!

stuck the standard bcg in and tested it with the stock mag and cheap .20s that came with the gun

it gets 365 first shot then settles down to 360/359 (1.20 joules)

when you switch to heavier .25s theres a bit of energy creep comes into play as it gets 354 first shot and settles down around 348 which is 1.40 joules rather than 1.20

chronoing was with the hop unit set at its middle point tuned to get a decent trajectory from 0.25s, now to get accurate full power results I should have dialed the hop down to zero, but its such a pain to reach the hop adjustment on a stock 063 (strip off front sight etc) I figured chances are they'd bring it up for chrono with the hop preset, as its not something that lends itself to any quick 'dial back afterwards' chrono-cheating.

However I'l retest with it with hop fully dialed off in an hour or so once Ive had some lunch as that should give folks a more direct comparison with the figures floating around for the 14" barreled 061/062.

actually might take a little longer than an hour as my airsoft global package has just shown up on track n trace as 'awaiting customs charges' so I'll need to take a few extra mins out to go and shake my fist at the screen lol

edit checked again with hop fully off - to be honest there was barely any hop applied anyway so setting it as low as it can go the figures arent more than a couple of feet per second higher than the ones I posted above

Edited by snorkelman
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks chap, looks like I will be going for a NPAS after all.

stuck the standard bcg in and tested it with the stock mag and cheap .20s that came with the gun

it gets 365 first shot then settles down to 360/359 (1.20 joules)

edit checked again with hop fully off - to be honest there was barely any hop applied anyway so setting it as low as it can go the figures arent more than a couple of feet per second higher than the ones I posted above

Any review on the 5KU ebybanned mag or the EAC ehoobby mag??

it is very hard to insert the 5KU ebybanned mags into the magwell, you would have to file down some of the inside parts of the magwell in order to make them go in easier. performancewise i cant say much at the moment, they leak a bit, just like the standard mags and they are not as loud and crisp as the standard ones.

On the subject of ebaybanned parts avoid the 10" free float rail they are selling.

The locking ring blocks access to the hop adjustment and even if you cut the ring to make it easier it would still mean stripping the front end off every time you needed to adjust it.

The rail doesn't line up so well neither sitting slightly higher than the flat top rail on my rifle.

it is very hard to insert the 5KU ebybanned mags into the magwell, you would have to file down some of the inside parts of the magwell in order to make them go in easier. performancewise i cant say much at the moment, they leak a bit, just like the standard mags and they are not as loud and crisp as the standard ones.

yup, can confirm that. Had a hard time inserting them and freeing them from the mag well.

Other than that they are okay and are some kind of improved AGM mag with stronger spring, full metal exterior and just like the AGM don't leak on green gas.

On the subject of ebaybanned parts avoid the 10" free float rail they are selling.

The rail doesn't line up so well neither sitting slightly higher than the flat top rail on my rifle.

could be wrong but I get the impression its a bit of a common theme with different railed front ends, so either the various front ends are all off spec or the AGM upper receiver is the culprit (if so I'd be more inclined to pin the blame on the upper)

Edited by snorkelman

one thing worth a look at is the fit of the outer barrel against the front of the upper receiver

theres two small spigots that align the cetre line of the barrel with the centreline of the receiver. these can be too long for the corresponding notches in the rear of the outer barrel shoulder that they're meant to sit in. (My 061 was fine my 063 it was an issue)

End result - the barrel is balancing on the two of those rather than sitting flush with front of the upper.

File a little material off of each of them to reduce their height will let the barrel just locate against them as it should, rather than balance on them.

You might also find that the top spigot sticking out the frotn of the upper has an ever so slightly raised part of the casting on each side of it - again that will let the rear face of the barrel rest on it rather than sit flush with the entire front face of the upper, if you do have that on yours then sand that down so its level with rest of the front face of the upper and the barrel should finally sit true on the upper wtith minimal play when the two parts are held together. both my 063 and 061 had this

Can make for a better fit of the barrel nut onto the upper (it gets to screw down that teeeny but further and the inside collar of the barrel nut is exerting even pressure around all of the barrel shoulder onto the front face of the upper receiver, not just at two small points.

If your barrel to receiver fit is completely woble free not really neccessary but if heres still an annoying wee amount of side-to-side play/flex that you just cant get tightened out then could be a solution.

only a question on parts fitting i have just got a parcel from hk with some magpul parts : MOE grip ,MOE trigger guard and a asap all for the WA the grip and the asap went on like a dream but the trigger guard is the wrong size :S does anyone know a magpul trigger guard that does fit ?

could be wrong but I get the impression its a bit of a common theme with different railed front ends, so either the various front ends are all off spec or the AGM upper receiver is the culprit (if so I'd be more inclined to pin the blame on the upper)

Yup, only way round it is to go with a CASV or the like if you want easy access to the hop.

Chances are the upper receiver is slightly out of spec, any one tried out any of the after market bodies to see how they line up?

Also still desperately looking for a stockist of the clone hop unit to take AEG barrels, some one put me out of my misery please!

Also still desperately looking for a stockist of the clone hop unit to take AEG barrels, some one put me out of my misery please!

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=3059 15 bucks showing as in stock (do a search of boom arms for WA M4 and its 10th item down first page of results) you'll need to go thru their checkout procedure to get a shipping quote for it though

I'll post up the results as I get my NPAS BCG. So far it's looking GREAT though. Way better than the stock unit and for the price, I'd buy one myself already.

It might take my AEG a while to sell so I don't know how fast I'll have my NPAS BCG....

Anyways, great info in here guys! Keep it coming. B)

-Luis

Think I may as well post this here, though it may not come to anything... Come friday, i get paid again, and I have the afternoon off on the same day.. so, I'm probably going to be buying myself a load of plasticard... and a Mac-11 magazine.

I've already had my M4 chambering rounds from a Sig 226 mag, and a mac-11 gas mag is pretty much the ideal candidate for a full-blown GBB 9mm converstion.

Anybody interested in pics when I get round to doing it?

aye post pics :) when you first metioned it I immediately thought 'CO2 UZI mag' but from memory I think those would be too wide for the magwell? :(

like I said previousy though you'll have no valve locking on that setup -which might end up the one stumbling bock that can't be worked around in any sort of practical way :(

eg I tried running a GHK mag without the valve lock and it got a bit anemic as valve closed far too early into the blowback stroke.

Aye, that's true, but I can always see... I'll be using a Well Mac-11 mag, due to them being about £18. Any ideas if those would be too wide? :P

Valve lock might be a problem, mind... Though, For a WA design mag without the valve lock, it is a bit of a problem, but I thought that other mags should be fine without it... *shrugs*

We'll have to wait and see...

The fact that they do bolts and bolt carriers for $8 each is also mighty tempting. Your bolt carrier has worn away? No problem, FOUR QUID for a new one!

Shame the cheapest shipping gunner will do is about $25.

The fact that they do bolts and bolt carriers for $8 each is also mighty tempting. Your bolt carrier has worn away? No problem, FOUR QUID for a new one!

Shame the cheapest shipping gunner will do is about $25.

Eh, just grab yourself 8 to make the shipping worth it :P .

Reload mag!! Reload BOLT!!!

With the way to stock bcg wears away, that's not such a bad plan :D My idea, though, was more based upon getting an RA-Tech Bolt, setting it to 330 fps, and then using the length of the thing to accurately downgrade a bolt.

Get them for $15 a pop (a guess when including shipping), means I could probably get them done and made for about twenty quid each, with a wee bit of profit for myself xD

Or just sell on the replacement bolts for a tenner each....

Where did it crack, at the back?

I'm tempted to get another AGM nozzle/bolt set, remove a mm or so of material from the back of the bolt, and add some cushioning material there, so it's between the back of the bolt and the front of the, uh, but that goes in the back of the bolt... :P