Browser options...

GuzziHero

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept getting some data execution prevention error or something like that so it would start to load then stop working. I'd like to have said I was having great success with IE8 but I can't. I might try updating again at some point in the near future but IE7 works fine for me.

• 1 month later...

A bit of a necro but just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I've been a fan of FF since the Firebird days. I loved all the addons, speed, and security. As of late though, it seems like it's gone to *suitcase* because I'm getting a lot of stuttering, slow responsiveness, and memory problems. Not sure if that's due to the browser itself or an addon.

As such, I've been using Opera 10 lately and I find it to be a great browser. The initial FF transition was a little shaky, but after some use and configuration I find it to be quite the capable FF replacement. It hasn't given me any of the problems experienced with FF, seems much faster than FF, and most of the functions of the FF addons I used are built into Opera (I only added buttons for Delicious Bookmarks). The only major gripe I have is the lack of Adblock but I guess I'll get reacquainted to browsing with ads. I miss the Webmail Notifier addon but POP Peeper has taken care of my email checking needs.

I only glanced at Safari. Didn't like it much.

I also took a stab at Chrome 2. It didn't seem that great but I guess version 4 allows for addons so I may try that out later.

I only use IE8 for Bing shopping.

Conversely I am a fan of Firefox. It's all horses for courses, however. The only browser which is best to avoid is IE, as already discussed.

Unfortuanately some badly coded sites require IE in order to function correctly (I've only noticed this while buying kit for the house, etc), so sadly I'll never just have one browser installed.

Archived