w/a + skirmish = ?

urbandork

Im looking for ppl who actually play with w/a on the feild. For a long time i always felt that w/a belonged on a shelf. However times change things and now im looking into a w/a for my side are on the feild. I was looking at a 1911 single stacker and am leaning toward a FBI trails scw ver. 2 for a base with a metal slide/frame for it.

This will not be a shelf peice. As such ive heard that w/a need a fair about of work done internally to be skirmishable and survive on the feild. But i want to know from ppl who actually play with w/a peices on the feild. How well do they preform on the feild. Do i have to upgrade internals to make it reliable on the feild or will it hold up well.

Currently i play with a tm g26, hicapa, and a kjw fmv usp p8. All have served me well. the g26 is small and quick, the usp has take a few falls to the ground, and the hicapa has the quickest trig pull of all of them. Will i be disapointed with a full metal w/a 1911?

i know loads of ppl do. there infact a good handful at my feild, but im courious as to what internals and stuff need to be upgraded to make it as reliable as say the infamous KSC G19.

How far do i have to go? OR can a w/a be just as reliable/durable on the feild?

I have one WA that's had the internals upgraded, lighter trigger pull and the collet has been swapped for a metal one. But I have another that is just factory and it skirmishes fine. So fine in fact I'm getting another two WAs for skirms in the next few days.

I use my WA M9 Heavyweight. Lovely feel, crisp blowback and chronos around 265fps. I even got a kill at 25m last weekend in sheer desperation trying to keep a sniper and his covering man supressed after I had fired out one hicap and the other had jammed. Happy days!

i use my SCW2 1911 A1 military all the time - it's a great piece of kit - the disadvantage being the mag capacity - 15 rnds but with two mags it's not so bad at all....

very accurate and has a nice feel to it short post because i'm off shooting now :)

I have skirmished with 3 different WA's. One(my current Infinity) is fully upgraded, one had a metal slide, and one was stock. THey all performed without fail unless I did something wrong like not gas up the mag =/

Don't listen to what others say about poor skirmishablility. As long as you take care of it(ie: clean it after a day's skimish--witch should be done with any GBB)

I´ve owned three WA GBBs in the past and at least tested every one in a skirmish. All of them were without upgrades and I put virtually nothing but Green Gas through those pieces.

My personal favourite has been WA S&W Shorty .40 HW, which saw action for three years altogether. Green Gas, nothing else (you have to remember that the climate in my neighbourhood is relatively cold and dry, so sometimes Green Gas is a must to get GBBs even working!). Despite the smallish size, it´s great urban/CQB gun. Kicks hard, shoots good and makes loud noise. It´s still in perfect condition, but last year I chose to retire it from active duty (just because it started to feel too handsome to put through heavy skirmishing).

A couple of years ago I owned a Para Combat Carry, which worked fine too. After short "break-in" period the gun worked flawlessly and delivered very good performance. Green Gas bulged the slide lock notch a little bit, but the slide still locked okay after the last round. Once, in the field, I even took a dive into a pile of sand with this gun, but it still worked like charm. At the other occasion our local stores had temporarily no silicone oil in stock, so I had to go trough five consecutive games without lubing the gun at all. No jams occurred and I really put that gun through skirmishing as a primary weapon (didn´t just carry it in a holster as a needless backup). Then I sold the piece, because I didn´t like the handling features of a double stack 1911.

My third WA, a Beretta Centurion PV, worked fine too, but I sold that out rather fast after testing it only in couple of games. With this gun I didn´t even encounter the infamous, early WA Beretta magazine problem (gas running out before BBs). Sold it out because in the end it was "just" another Beretta varient.

People in these forums quite often fail to understand that WA´s market segment is different from, say, Marui´s. WA GBBs are targeted for those airsoft hobbyists who appreciate the extra aesthetics and are also willing to pay extra for it. They are not meant for our average 14 year-old teenage cheapskates (no offense to anyone, but sometimes age seems to correlate this attitude), who just want a cheap gun to deliver BBs at their target. These guns are pricy and sometimes they emphasize aesthetics a little bit in the expense of functionality, but differences are not as huge as many in these forums tend to claim. Fortunately, the variety in airsoft world is wide enough to support different tastes. And everyone can vote with their wallet.

i dont like WA ...cause they bloody hurt.... try getting nailed in the side of the head with an infinity custom and thats excatly wot it is a nail to the head O.o

tho i never used one personally because they look to nice to be throwing around and such

my little glock 26 does me fine...plus im to much of a bum to afford a WA

I am skirmishing with my Wilson Hi-cap and I never experienced any problems with it.

Like Vektor I use my guns over the winter (which can be darn cold) and it never failed me...

Also, I think the WA:s are so much easier to take apart than other brands. And I have seen a few.

Archived