1st Aid Kit picture thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on my plate carrier, mine is on the right hand side. seems most logical as i dont use that side for loading/ammo storage. only problem im having is that the elastic in my medic pouch has worn out a bit and it doesnt keep stuff as tight as it used to, so now by the end of a few hours running around, all my stuff has slipped out and is bundles in the bottom of my pouch. im going to stitch the elastic so that its more of a pocket rather than just a horizontal strap.

incidently i almost needed to use my kit the other day because someone ran full pelt into a barbwire fence (around the perimiter of the site so that public dont enter). he didnt see it when he was sprinting. luckily he had thick clothing on and so he wasnt hurt (or didnt let on to be when i asked him).

For the purposes of airsoft if you need to get out medical stuff then you need to stop gameplay anyway so it doesnt matter. That said we always have a registered EMT and my medical pouch holds misc like inhaler, excedrin, that kind of boo boo stuff and it sides at my 3 o clock on most of my kits.

As far as milsimz goes

one school of thought says that your medical kit is there for someone else to treat you with,

the other school of thought says you may need to fix yourself in the case of multiple casualties because the medic/corpsman is treating the most critically injured first

Edited by Azulsky

I don't know if you should carry your epipen on the outside of your kit like that; thats one thing you for sure don't wanna lose. I mean I understand putting on the outside of your pack for accessibility but you don't want the cap to pop off or something. Just an idea, as i've needed to use an epipen before and me being first aid/cpr/aed certified, I see the need for it often.

I don't know if you should carry your epipen on the outside of your kit like that; thats one thing you for sure don't wanna lose. I mean I understand putting on the outside of your pack for accessibility but you don't want the cap to pop off or something. Just an idea, as i've needed to use an epipen before and me being first aid/cpr/aed certified, I see the need for it often.

Considering it's just a spray dispenser of hand sanitizer, I think I'll be okay. :)

• 2 weeks later...
We are covered by similar legislation in the UK.

No, we aren't covered by such legislation in the UK, and there is no such thing as a "Good Samaritan's Act"

That said, as long as you act in the patient's best interests, respect their beliefs, gained appropriate consent AND acting within the realms of your training then you won't face procecution (this has been proven in law).

So, if you are a trained first aider and decide to perform an emergency tracheostomy with a pen knife and a biro you can fall foul of the law.

No, we aren't covered by such legislation in the UK, and there is no such thing as a "Good Samaritan's Act"

That said, as long as you act in the patient's best interests, respect their beliefs, gained appropriate consent AND acting within the realms of your training then you won't face procecution (this has been proven in law).

So, if you are a trained first aider and decide to perform an emergency tracheostomy with a pen knife and a biro you can fall foul of the law.

Yup, you are very right there. Not covered by law but likelyhood of prosecution is low should you adhere to the things you've mentioned.

Funnily enough, since posting that I've been on a comprehensive first aid course for work and am far more aware of the subject.

Appologies for any mis-information!

I think the thing that most people don't realize about First Aid is that there ARE laws when it comes to helping people. Even if you're doing it in their best interest and you *fruitcage* up, you're the one to blame. I guess thats why I get all flustered when people try to provide care beyond the knowledge of their abilities.

Problem is 08kecarv is different laws apply in different parts of the world... in Europe for instance you can receive a fine for failure to give aid to the victim of an accident (the paparrazi who took photos of Princess Diana were fined 1 euro each for not delivering first aid under that law), yet we don't have such a law in the UK - nobody is legally obliged to provide first aid... even first aiders! However, professional medical staff who are registered with a governing body may fall foul of their code of conduct (such as paramedics).

So, it may not be law that a paramedic has to render aid whilst off duty they can face being struck off the professional register (and thus lose their livelyhood) if reported...

Thankfully there isn't a huge amount that can go wrong when delivering first aid, so as long as the first aider provides care in line with the principles of first aid, within their level of training, and respects beliefs and gains appropriate consent they should be OK :)

Don't worry about it Scuffer - I know these things (I teach first aid... ;) )

Seriously, I've run out of pictures to post...

Allow me

This is a first aid kit I put togeather for outdoor activities, camping, walking etc. The idea was that it contained the stuff to deal with most first aid situations until help arrived. If many people had the same kit you could grab any and know what you have

IMGP8398.jpg

It fit's into a waterproof bag (aloksak) and will go in a jacket pocket. Here it is packed next to a bushcraft knife

IMGP8396.jpg

This would seem ok for an airsoft player to have.

The kit had

hydrogel for burns

triangular bandage

gloves

alcohol cleaning spray

non alco cleaning wipes

plasters

dressing

gauze

crepe bandage

CPR mask

plasters

I have similar content in my maxpedition proteus back pocket. I use it for cycling as well and like to have the basics, mostly for me. I also have clinical waste bag, space blanket and personal meds. Since I use the same bag for airsofting it seems fair enough to keep it there.

This kit is a bit bigger (ok a lot bigger, that's a 40L pack)

bagwithreflectivebands.jpg

opened up it has a whole load of pockets

IMGP7204.jpg

Sometimes a blanket

IMGP7203.jpg

(the bit in the top right is a pocket with my hi vis coat in)

As you can see, much of the stuff is the same but in bulk

IMGP7207.jpg

However there is still a small belt pouch FAK that isn't very different in content from the first kit.

There is also a pouch with scissors and pens in as I tend to have a lot of paperwork to do when using this kit

IMGP7213.jpg

This kit has bulk numbers of items. A site may have (I think should) cover most of the items in this somewhere.

I'd stock a kit with

gloves

plasters

range of dressings (though not that many as they would just go out of date before they get used)

cleaning wipes

eye wash

tape

scissors

tweezers

triangular bandages

couple of supplort bandages

couple of ice packs

vomit bag

clinical waste bag

it would also be handy to have a blanket to keep an injured person warm.

blanket

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A few IFAKs of mine. Starting on the left we have a Molle Medical Pouch w/ 2 Israeli Bandages, 1 CAT Tourniquet and, Surgical Shears.

In the Middle is a Drop Leg Medical Pouch w/ 2 Israeli Bandages, 1 CAT Tourniquet, Surgical Shears and Medical Tape.

And the last one is an issue IFAK with / 1 Israeli Bandage, 1 CAT Tourniquet, Compressed Gauze, 1 Nasopharyngeal, Medical Tape, Latex Gloves

P6030002.jpg

P6030003.jpg

@Soba:

Ive been looking at picking up one of those drop leg medical rigs and I was wondering if you could telll me if the black hawk model can hold more then just the 1 ETD per loop. It seems like the NA RESCUE model can hold 2 per loop, but Im not sure of the quality of their products. Thanks in advance.