Your Favorite M.R.E.

J-Rock_14

So, I searched, and didn't find anything like this. So here it goes.

Personally, I find the 'cheese tortellini' to be my favorite of all the M.R.E.s.

As for my favorite portion/ tib bit of an M.R.E, I absolutly LOVE the peanut butter and crackers, fig newton bars, and candy to be my favorites. Seriously, I got all of the peanut butter packages I could at the leadership camp I attended at Wright-Patterson AFB. I ate them while riding the bus, taking breaks from marching, during land-nav, and during the sessions between paintball.

So what are y'alls favorite M.R.E.s?

Just to say, you know MREs are absolutely STUFFED with calories, right?

You'd be better off eating pizza and burgers every day than eating an MRE.

They cram em with calories so soldiers eating them have enough energy to go fight wars.

You shouldn't really be snacking on them.

They cram em with calories so soldiers eating them have enough energy to go fight wars.

This does go some way to explaining why I see quite a few geardos wearing XXL and up.

Joking aside, I'm sure that some of the MREs/RatPacks are nice, but I've never had any problems with a sarnie and an apple to get through a day's skirmishing.

Eating rations when you don't have to smacks a bit of being silly to me.

And the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, MRE's usually taste like rape.

Seriously, if AIDS has a flavour, then they use it to season MRE's and NATO Rat Packs.

Good god, I do my very best to avoid eating them, and I have to, and people do it willingly, when there is other food around?

Mental.

Tried some of my mates ratpack Lamb curry, tasted like the blandest cheapest *suitcase* ever. The yellow sweets that apparently take your sex drive are pretty bland too, but the cup of tea was actually pretty decent(for something that contains "MOD Whitener"). I wouldnt touch the rice pudding, normal rice pudding makes me vomit so i wasnt taking my chances lol

My favourite would have to be the sticky toffee pudding (more like a sticky toffee brick). Incredibly sweet and verging on sickly but it sure does warm you up. Picking a favourite ratpack though, thats like chosing a favourite terminal disease. Sure you'd rather have this one if you had to have one, but you'd much rather just not have any of them.

I don't eat them like snacks, I eat them when I go Airsofting, camping and things like that. I have an extremely high metabolism anyways, so i'd be just fun eating them on a daily basis. ( not that I would. )

everything but whats in the brew kit is golden for me. beef burger and beans, with a starter of biscuit browns and pate, and afters of biscuit fruits and a yorkie. teh secks.

edit: you do have to have spent the whole day tabbing etc, but thats all part of the fun. and to make it more delicious, you have to be snug in a bivvy bag and basha, while it is pissing it down.

They arent nearly as caloric as foreign rations are. I think they average 1200 calories per MRE. 2 a day is not bad at all if you are doing alot of exercise. I cant imagine the preservatives are good for your systems taken in over a long period of time though.

Cheese Tortellini is the only Veggie MRE i can stand. Regular MREs i can do most but Tuna and Meatloaf stand out as being terrible. ChiliCheese Macaroni with a Milkshake is the best!

And the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, MRE's usually taste like rape.

Seriously, if AIDS has a flavour, then they use it to season MRE's and NATO Rat Packs.

Good god, I do my very best to avoid eating them, and I have to, and people do it willingly, when there is other food around?

Mental.

When was the last time you had an MRE? Every one that I had (in the flavor I liked, anyway) were pretty good.

I used to take them to skirmishes, but they're way more expensive than a trip to the deli. $8 on base and $6 at the surplus store, if they're in stock.

Still, I have some in storage 'just in case'.

Nutritionally balanced in the sense that they are good for eating then "burning" off immediately. If you have to live for a week and you have only MRE's you should not have gotten out of bed in the morning.

Are anyone else's Tabasco bottles always evaporated?

Eating something on a regular basis that's largely designed to give you constipation is not fun, but they do vary a lot depending on their indigineous country. The French get salmon, veal and duck mousse! :o

Probably has a bottle of absanthe and a pack of Gauloises too.

Archived