Force Recon Kit Discussion

grundig

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lads, would anyone be able to suggest a suitable Ruck for a FR greenside loadout? Needs to be able to be worn with belt kit, hold sleeping gear, food and such for a weekender.  Also wouldn't like to break the bank on it! The obvious choice for ALICE webbing would be an ALICE pack, I know these are still in use with some other units but I'm also going to be getting an RRV and MBSS in future so would like something that looks a bit more modern, ergonomic and comfortable so it can be used with all my rigs.

Whilst I'm at it, is there any specific tent? I'd assume a 3 man USMC combat tent would be too big and bulky so a bivouac would be more likely? In the interests of comfort, is there any 2 man or 1 man tents FR have been known to private purchase?

Finally, being a perfectionist, what colour roll mat would be the norm? Green or tan?

Cheers for the help

Teddy

FR hasn't really done much greenside stuff in the past few years (that I've seen, anyway), but I'd assume most would be seen with either the ILBE main ruck/assault pack or the FILBE main ruck/assault pack

I got a bunch of *suitcase* a while back for saying an assault pack, but I stand by my assessment. It clearly depends on what the actual mission is, and for what duration. 

Bit of FR green side here with packs , half way down the page

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?229129-Today-s-Photo-s-Monday-July-22nd-2013

Looks like a real mixture of packs, woodland, Marpat ilbe and a coyote tan of some sorts.

Field tent I'd go with the catoma fold up pop up, with the rain sheet

http://www.catomaoutdoor.com/Catalog/ProductInfo.aspx?id=160

• 2 months later...

Hi guys ;)

Anyway, yeah that's my old FR kit.

All of the nylon was real FSBE II except for the PACA, which was repro.

8B65MMl.jpg

I eventually set it up similar to the guy in the middle's setup http://i.imgur.com/C8D6dva.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Mqvwayg.jpg

LNEA6nw.jpg

Sadly that vest has long since been sold to a close friend, and I've got another MBSS. But I don't do a FR kit so much any more.

If you need a kitlist or anything, let me know.

A kit list would be really helpfull, I've been scouring the internet for days trying to find somewhere to buy FSBE II kit, where it's not going to cost me my kidneys :)

But yeah a kit list would be greatly appreciated, especially the front of the mbss as the back I will change anyhow.

Also If anyone knows of anywhere to buy either genuine or decent replicas of FSBE II pouches please let me know

Does anyone know what's the best EOTech 552 replica and where to get it in the US? I've seen good comments about the Hurricane and G&P ones, but it's almost impossible to find them.

BTW I'm just patiently waiting for some stuff coming from China. As soon as they arrive my loadout will be around 95% complete, which I think is a pretty decent standard to start posting some pictures and asking for feedback.  :)

Don't want to sound like a *sharp needle-ly bits*, but you do live in the US - you can easily score a real, 2nd-handed Eotech 512 for slightly more than the price of a Hurricane.

MOSUL, IRAQ (April 23, 2004) - A Force Reconnaissance Platoon with 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) discover and seize chemicals and other dangerous munitions at a nearby hospital.

Official USMC photograph by Cpl. Rathal F. Chavez

w345346dfdgrtwmo4jec.jpg

p7jfd456gwmdokfy.jpg

oels340536ewmaekuc.jpg

o9342367zhjggkgwmx8kf1.jpg

l345jfn3wm4bj7d.jpg

kj688054fdsfqwm5gj4h.jpg

df45ghjhgjwm7ckgr.jpg

h69809jjhf5wm0pkmu.jpg

Archived