Condor Soft Shells

sierra hotel

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Likewise. This thing is definitely windproof and if your wear a fleece or liner under it you will stay VERY toasty on those cold days.

The front zipper has gotten off set a few times due to user failure (Rushing to leave) but it was simple as re-aligning it and pushing it to the bottom zipper. No damage or anything so I'm happy.

(Zippers could be a bit bigger and gnarlier though, it'd make them easier but hey, the small ones are quiet.)

Is anyone else still waiting for theirs? I ordered mine thru AEX back on December 20th and still nothing.

a little birddie told me they are on back order through condor until the end of March. So find them where you may. or wait until spring to hit (March April)

Update guys, I went snowboarding on Sunday with my condor softshell. Held up exceptionally. It was my first time so I gave it a beating (as well as myself :D ). It was 29-30 degrees on Sunday too, yet I was more then comfortable in just the softshell (no fleece or hoodie under it). All i wore under it was a thermal Henley (waffle kind) and I was actually sweating a bit.

I wiped out about 5 times really bad the whole day (overall I did really good), and the jacket didn't so much as scuff. One thing to note was that ice got up my back a few times as I didn't tighten the cord around the bottom. Fixed that quickly. Also, the high collar kept the wind off my neck which was really nice.

Pretty awesome little jacket. I love mine. If your looking for something in this market, nab one of these while you can.

i've had my condor soft shell and fleece jacket since early november and i've worn both everyday rain or shine during this winter. they've been washed 3 times.

they're both very comfortable, somewhat warm, keep out most of the rain (2 hours worth of the best monsoon of 2010 for southern utah anyways), and they've held up great and i expect them to for at least another fall and winter. i haven't had any problems with stitching, no frays or inconsistencies.

a few notes:

- when the soft shell starts to wear in certain parts, the material will turn a darker color almost looks like its wet. most noticeable places of wear have been on the bottom of the forearms and especially around the cuffs.

- while in the wash, a few zipper pulls lost their para cords (not fully tightened at the factory) and the waist band keepers where also lost. most recently the plastic pull tabs on the main zippers were ripped apart thanks to my washer and/or dryer.

- the fleece jacket's thumb holes are in a odd position.

- the sleeves are a bit short, or i'm 6'4".

- the girth of both jackets are too much for the leaner bunch looking for a slim fit.

- the hide-a-way hood makes it look like i have a neck of a linebacker.

• 2 weeks later...
how do the condor jackets fit? i normally wear an XL jacket and shirt but i recently purchased the blackhawk pcu and they sent me a LG which fits me well. I am not "fit" to the point of no body fat, but i am 75% muscle and 25% beer if you catch my drift?

Johnny, I'm quite a big boy (115cm. chest and a huge beer belly) and I got a Large.

It fits tight on me but that's what I want, because sometimes I wear it under a smock...

Anyway it fits quite large...

How tight is it? Can you wear uniform under yours? Do the sleeves fit you? Tnx

I'd say it has a regular/large fit.

Usually my tops are XL (Tru-spec and other US brands) or L (Arktis), or 170/112 for issued brit DPM shirts & smocks.

As I've said in a previous post I've bought a Large size because I use the soft shell as a top in normal winter weather, and as a midlayer under an Arktis smock in biting cold, then it shouldn't be too large for my needs...

Definitely I can't wear any jacket under mine, but a HH Lifa shirt and an issued norgie only...

Sleeves are a bit longer but that's the same for every tops I own (I'm short & fat :( )...

Hope this helps...

I picked up on of these to use as my everyday jacket.

I have to say that I like it very much. I am 6'1" and 165lbs, and the large size is very nice on me. The arm length is just right and the jacket isn't too baggy around me. There also have been no zipper problems yet, and I keep finding new pockets everywhere.

Took it around the city last night during a cold (about 30 degrees F) and windy night with no problems.

Archived