Marushin Dual Maxi 1911-A1

renegadecow

http://www.marushin-kk.co.jp/itemm1911a1dualmaxi.html

1911a1dualmaxiblksyusei.jpg

Saw this the other day, and was looking around for word of it and it seems there isn't any (or not that many really care). At least this time around the magazine capacity more closely approximates the real firearm (CZ75 only held 8+1 and their Glock at 6+1). For a rather unpopular platform, it looks like they're selling enough of them to pay for the R&D to come up with new models. Rather pricey though at about $200, a lot more than their CZ75 which sells for $130.

They're also releasing a silver CZ75

http://www.marushin-kk.co.jp/itemcz75dualmaxilostsilver.html

edit:

Forgot to add that they're re-releasing their Colt Anaconda and Taurus Raging Bull that use the new X-Cartridge in two colors and two barrel lengths each.

http://www.marushin-kk.co.jp/

Am I having dejevu or hasn't this been out before in news?

edit: What was the mag cap?

Actually the one u had a sense of deja vu with was the Kimber Gold Match(?) Hi-capacity 1911, which was release, like in June, i think.

But this one is quite different, first and foremost it is a Single Stack, which mean a lot all the 1911 purist.

Mag capacity is 7+1.

You can count the shells here-

http://www.marushin-kk.co.jp/myvideo/1911a...lmaxiretake.wmv

I think is a nice gun, kudos to Marushin being brave enough to blaze a trail of shell ejectors..

Whats the difference between the X-cartridge and the normal one? Glad they are bringing back the Raging Bull though :D

I think its rimmed and unrimmed IE the older revolver casings are rimmed and the newer "X" for semi autos is rimless.

Still, its a shame this isn't a m1911-a1 like they claim it is, if it was i might have got one. Specially scince it has a realistic 7 round mag and somehow they have made it at least a little bit accurate (unlike other shell ejectors out there :P)

Yup. The X-Cartridges feature a mock slug on the shell and the BB sits at the tip of it. The older shells were just a solid case (still rimmed afaik with only the Mateba being rimless as it uses auto rounds) and to a degree, harder to load because there's no tip to guide into the chambers. The M629 and SAA were a bit of a let down despite being chambered in 6mm because they were grossly underpowered (200~220fps tops on green). I'm assuming the re-release Anaconda and Raging Bull should have their original power as they're still 8mm with only the cartridge being different. Right now I'm just waiting for a Chiefs Special to come out with those pretty shells.

if this gets as popular as the Glock 21 did, you will see metal kits and other stuff coming from RATech and maybe shooters design.

the only thing that kills it for me is the whole 'just fix your damned WA' that runs through my mind when i look up buying a GBB pistol.

Yup. The X-Cartridges feature a mock slug on the shell and the BB sits at the tip of it. The older shells were just a solid case (still rimmed afaik with only the Mateba being rimless as it uses auto rounds) and to a degree, harder to load because there's no tip to guide into the chambers. The M629 and SAA were a bit of a let down despite being chambered in 6mm because they were grossly underpowered (200~220fps tops on green). I'm assuming the re-release Anaconda and Raging Bull should have their original power as they're still 8mm with only the cartridge being different. Right now I'm just waiting for a Chiefs Special to come out with those pretty shells.

Yup, those Chief Specials are classic beauties. With the new realistic X-cartridges, i 'd suggest my mates to run IPSC side-by-side with the new 1911 single-stack shell ejectors, the match being not emphasized on competitiveness but the fun factor of realistic revolver loading/unloading and seeing shiny auto shells flickering in the air. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived