HP PPsh-41 AEG

DarkLite

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All

I totaly agree with the price and its not something we wanted to charge but Cybergun i was informed today have brought the production rights to it, as a result we now have to get it though them at a price i did not want to do.

Hope that sort of clears it up a bit.... many of you know we like to keep the pricing down as low as possible, but with this it was not possible

Regards

Paul

That does make sense Paul and thanks for sharing that.

I just hope you will stock a more affordable version as there are 3 makers now producing a PPSH-41 and to be fair, I think few would pay £350 for the Ares, however I am sure if it were around £200 you would sell a LOT more. ;) Not the Ares of course, one of the other makes.

Had a look at it today.

CLUNGESPLUFFINGWANKBISHOPS IT IS SEX. SO VERY VERY SEX.

The gun itself is finished - the drum mag is still being finalized, but it is all so incredibly sex-worthy I came, shat and ###### all at once.

I'm going back sometime after the 26th to pick one up for review, but holy ###### guys, it's awesome. Really, really awesome. And at $295USD with shipping included, I'd say it's a *fruitcage* steal.

Also, more good news - the manufacturer says once the PPSH is released, he's going to do the stick midcaps for it, then afterwards a GBB conversion kit. :D

Merry Christmas you guys. I'll try and have a video up by New Years.

SCAR, F2K, XM8. May not have been great but they were first.

When you say the SCAR I assume you mean the JLS? JLS actually took their design form a prototype CA design. F2K you are right, however G&G is coming out with one now so there is no need to get the JLS unless you are on a budget. And for XM8, I don't know any Chinese company that makes a XM8 unless you mean TSD, which I am pretty sure is based in Taiwan.

BE does :/

but im not sure if they beat the Marui conversion kit, but as a whole gun, the BE XM8 was the first.

I stand corrected :P But knowing how BE is since I owned their failtastic AUG, I can only imagine how their XM8 is.

As for the PPsh-41, if the batter compartment can fit a large 8.4V battery, it might just be mine.

Hi All

I totaly agree with the price and its not something we wanted to charge but Cybergun i was informed today have brought the production rights to it, as a result we now have to get it though them at a price i did not want to do.

Hope that sort of clears it up a bit.... many of you know we like to keep the pricing down as low as possible, but with this it was not possible

Regards

Paul

I should have known that Cybergun would be behind this - it most certainly explains the price.

Put it this way, their RRP price is £450... as you can see i have tried to push it down as low as possible and had to order a lot of them to get the price down to what i did

Sorry guys i did try to get a cheeper deal on it, but this one i lost on

Paul

Sorry Paul, didn't mean to push the point too far there. Its just that Cybergun are rather notorious for high markups - as you are aware. Nothing against you or the store, if anything you are doing the best job you can by supplying us with all the options/choice in weapons, rather than limiting it to low priced ones. Merry Christmas mate and I'll leave it at that :)

Had a look at it today.

CLUNGESPLUFFINGWANKBISHOPS IT IS SEX. SO VERY VERY SEX.

The gun itself is finished - the drum mag is still being finalized, but it is all so incredibly sex-worthy I came, shat and ###### all at once.

I'm going back sometime after the 26th to pick one up for review, but holy ###### guys, it's awesome. Really, really awesome. And at $295USD with shipping included, I'd say it's a *fruitcage* steal.

Also, more good news - the manufacturer says once the PPSH is released, he's going to do the stick midcaps for it, then afterwards a GBB conversion kit. :D

Merry Christmas you guys. I'll try and have a video up by New Years.

i missed this post, very very nice. ill be sure to grab a HP one now.

PLEASE push for an externally powered gas feed. it will be cheaper and cause a much better shooting performance. with GIM, it would just ruin the whole lore PPSH. you just wouldn't be able to lay on the trigger.

its gotten me very excited.

i missed this post, very very nice. ill be sure to grab a HP one now.

PLEASE push for an externally powered gas feed. it will be cheaper and cause a much better shooting performance. with GIM, it would just ruin the whole lore PPSH. you just wouldn't be able to lay on the trigger.

its gotten me very excited.

Nah, I'm not sure about the external gas feed. I'm pretty sure you could put a lot of gas into that drum mag and still have a realistic amount of ammo.

i thought about that, but how expensive (and heavy) would that make the drum mags? that would also make the stick mag users who want the GBB system either get no mags to use, or more mags to buy with cool down issues.

i can argue all day about how there is very little down sides to externally powered systems compared to the downsides to GIM systems for automatic weapons, but i don't want to start that argument again here.

well its simple, GIM = compact size, more cooldown, less consistency

EP = large backpack + hose

if you don't care about the hose and baggage of a EP system then its operfect, but it is a HELL of a downside, however, a good question would be, will the GBB kit be a drop in replacement for the gearbox hop etc OR will it replace the upper receiver?

how big do you think the pack has to be?

its equal in size and format to a mag dump pouch on your belt, which is what i use. just that there is a hose running from the pouch to your gun. i also have a set up to store the tank in my hydration pack.

######, im starting to argue. i wont post about this again.

UPDATE:

I took the finished prototype Pahpahshah out to a game yesterday - the gun itself is finished, the drums are still being worked on so I had a quickly-mocked up drum to play with.

It performed fan-*fruitcage*-tastically. Though it was all stock, firing only at about 330fps, it had great range (due to the G36 hop-up unit, very easy to adjust and very consistent) and a great RoF (due to the stock fitting a 11.1v Lipo). It's main function is that of a hose gun, and I used it effectively as both an assault piece and a mid-ranged support weapon.

The drum mag holds about 2000 rounds, and fed beautifully, even at 20-ish rounds a second, though it was the prototype drum, so occasionally the internal feed tube would slip and stop the mag from feeding. Easily fixed, and the production drum will have more capacity and be much more reliable.

A few quick snippets of info:

-It can take a 9.6v mini in the stock, though lipos would be best.

-It's solid as hell, I was throwing myself and the gun around a lot during some of the games and it kept on going.

-It's got a decent spread to it, which is great for assaulting and support work, which is where it SHINES.

-It's not that heavy, considering it's all steel and wood.

-It field-strips to let you remove the barrel and hop-up assembly with no tools or pins in seconds, very cleverly done.

-Getting the gearbox out is easy, requiring only a few tools and two or three screws removed.

-Internally, it's a CYMA M14 ver7, so a complete clone of the TM, 330fps, metal bushings, a high-torque motor and steel gears.

-The hop-up unit and barrel are standard G36 units, so good, consistent range and a decent spread on full auto. It takes literally ten seconds to remove the barrel/hop-up unit, so if you wanted to swap between area-suppression and accurate shooting it could be done on the field without tools.

IT'S SO VERY SEXWORTHY.

I got some good in-game footage of it as well, so once I finish filming the review bits that'll be up. Hopefully in a week or two. :D

Archived