HP PPsh-41 AEG

DarkLite

Yeah, very much improved wood finish from the HP version so far shown.

Pity the metal finish isn't as "distressed", still, easier to distress metal than do the same with wood!

Internals on both these is the key now...value over price? unknown until they're stripped, production models.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont think i could bring myself to saw off half of the ARES's stock like i could do in a heartbeat for the HP.

Frontiers, did you hear any mention about the internals of the ARES? since you saw it so up close?

i did not talk with them as i tried to keep "low profile" if you know what i mean :D

To me, the Hp looks much better in many ways.

I'd rather re-finish the stock on a gun than distressing the metal. I think the finish looked like paint on the ARES gun. Previous experience suggests that distressing paint on metal can be quite hard to get right.

A blued PPsh versus a painted one. HP for me.

I am very torn........ I have the money to pre-order the ares from the uk...

Should I wait to see the HP ? Should I just get the ares?

Its all about the internals for me, so long as its steel and wood on the outside. It has to be good inside.....

I am very torn........ I have the money to pre-order the ares from the uk...

Should I wait to see the HP ? Should I just get the ares?

Its all about the internals for me, so long as its steel and wood on the outside. It has to be good inside.....

main differences are HP bad looking wood and no blowback + Cyma Gearbox (ACM internals), small drum magazine capacity

ARES absolute beauty from outside with blowback and ARES internals (how was the TAVOR internals btw? that came before this, i guess should be around same quality) ARES have been regarded anyways better than ACM guns i reckon but i guess its everyone opinion what they like.

I'd like to point something out that I noticed:

If the mock bolt is not actually attached to the piston (it appears to be the case at least), then you could simply lock the bolt in the open position. This would solve two problems for those who appreciate realism, the first being the unrealistic closed-bolt blowback system, and the fact that the bolt would stay in the rearward position, much like the real gun.

pretty niceAEG, blow back is a bit "meh" but battery change is easier than HP version and looks like it uses a V7 gearbox too, easy to open and same G36 hop up...

Customer reviews will decide the winner :)

I beg to differ. Given usage of the phrase "Easy power step up and down system" on the Ares video, i'm thinking its another one of Ares' proprietry gearbox systems - as is the case with the "Easy power step up and down system" on their M4 variants.

After several fruitless searches for spare Ares internals in the past, i'll stick with HP's easily-replaced stock V7 gearbox.

main differences are HP bad looking wood and no blowback + Cyma Gearbox (ACM internals), small drum magazine capacity

ARES absolute beauty from outside with blowback and ARES internals (how was the TAVOR internals btw? that came before this, i guess should be around same quality) ARES have been regarded anyways better than ACM guns i reckon but i guess its everyone opinion what they like.

1) HP wood doesn't look as nice as the ARES, fair enough. ARES +1

2) "Realistic" blow back which emulates a closed-bolt system when the real PPSH is an open bolt design... No. ARES -1

3) HP uses a CYMA Ver7 gearbox and G36c hop-up unit, ARES uses their own propietary gearbox and hop-up design. I'd much rather have a decent and MORE IMPORTANTLY easily repairable gearbox and hop-up unit. HP +1

4) ARES have not generally been considered better than ACM. Have you ever had to work on ARES/STAR guns? Ridiculously ###### internals and horrific QC.

drum is the final capacity of 800 bbs? how to load sound control? manual? or feed up automatic?

thanks you darklife

Manual - there may be a motorised version in the works after the stick midcaps are released.

pretty niceAEG, blow back is a bit "meh" but battery change is easier than HP version and looks like it uses a V7 gearbox too, easy to open and same G36 hop up...

Customer reviews will decide the winner :)

The PPSH uses an ARES-only gearbox and hop-up unit.

Right you guys have swayed it for me. The first thing I do with my guns is open them and install heavy wire, mosfets, fast motors, etc etc!

I think the HP will be the one I go for..... Electric blowback does nothing for me, and I will be semi-destroying the wood for a VERY worn effect, not to mention the steel weathering.....

Last question though... I have barely worked on m14's ... are they the same gears as a normal v3 aeg?

Archived