Ebaybanned trust went out the window

ReeL StEel

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gobsmacked when an item I ordered around december the 10th time (Yes I know Christmas period!!!) arrived at my door just after a week after ordering!

They managed to send me a replacement acog for one that broke with little hassle and another item I ordered arrived after 2 weeks.

I did have a slight problem however in novermber when some rail covers I ordered took over a month to arrive. I think it's because they still advertise products for sale on their website regardless of whether they are in stock. Thats why it can take an age sometimes.

Good luck with resolving your issue, remember you have to do it within 45 days of your purchase. You may have to double check on that actually as I'm not entirely sure.

I ordered a d-boys ris last week in the hope it would be instock as knowhere else had them. Got a dispatch note with tracking number which seems to work today so hopefully i'll have it within the next week or so. To be honest i always go to E-hobby for most of my HK orders as i have always used them and have found their customer service A+.

I have made a few orders with ebb and all of them arrived pretty quickly and as they should be. You can't beat them for some items though.

If you are going to use sarcasm, as a form of wit. At least come armed to the fight, little man. :rolleyes:

Read the rules for this forum!

No one is concerned about 'lol'.

Here is a direct quote from the forum owner.

"Here's a few pointers/requests that I'd like to make about posting:

•Please don't post topic titles or content in CAPS (all upper case), it's not needed and looks like you're shouting.

•Please do not swear or mock swear (deliberate misspellings) on the forums.

•Please make an effort to use correct spelling in your posts. You can use the spell checker that is supplied to fix any casual typos. Please also use the SHIFT key to ensure that what you are typing makes sense with correct punctuation and capitalization."

This is a threat about a serious issue and all you do is comment on my grammar........

how freaky i bought my hk416 gas block/front sight from them..... and they are the same ebay shop that had the 416 ris then went out of stock but strangely still have them available on ebb.

i do hope they have it in stock and dont try the above :-(

They prob keep the website and ebay stock seperate so that they dont run out of an item and then accidentally sell it to someone on ebay. This of course would be in breach of ebay rules (not suppling an item that someone has bought).

Josh

So.... I ordered a Army MEU from them last Summer, and it included a *suitcasey* mag, that I couldn't fix (screws were all rusty, baseplate was partially broken) So I asked about ahveing them send me a new mag. They responded quickly, but all they said was I'll send it ASAP (if you didn't know, jesse's favorite acronym is ASAP). I waited three weeks, nothing. Then I kept pestering them for the next 3 months or so, they did a number of things, including trying to convince me they had sent it with a fake tracking number, and telling me it would be sent out ASAP. Then, I got angry and threatened a Paypal claim, and only then did they inform me that the Army MEU mags had been out of stock, and they gave me store credit or $20. So with that store credit, I got a Norotoes mount, and I got it in the appropriate amount of time. I'm currently waiting on one more order. And from here on out, I'm ordering from them no more.

I always automatically dispute with them at around two weeks.

This, almost.

Dealing with EBB is kinda like brokering a peace agreement between Israel and Palestine.

You need to tread very careful to avoid conflict.

Here's my handy guide to the ins and outs of an average deal with EBB:-

DAY ONE

Place order and transfer money to EBB.

DAY FIVE

Send email asking for confirmation of order and tracking details.

DAY SEVEN

Recieve email stating that package was "delivered" 2 days after order was placed and including non-functional tracking number.

DAY TWELVE

Send email stating no parcel has arrived and warning that paypal dispute will commence in one week.

DAY SIXTEEN

Receive email stating that parcel HAS been sent and to be patient.

DAY SEVENTEEN

Inevitably, a parcel is ALWAYS received the day after EBB reply to your email.

Also, inevitably, the parcel will only be a part-order.

DAY EIGHTEEN

Send email confirming that part-order arrived and asking about rest of items.

DAY NINETEEN

Receive parcel containing all outstanding items.

DAY TWENTY-ONE

Recieve email stating that order was split into smaller parcels to avoid customs charges.

Anyway, point being that it usually DOES go like this and, if it doesn't, you've got to be brutal with them.

I'd never wait more than 3 weeks before hitting them with a paypal dispute.

Waiting since November and hoping for the best is just bonkers.

I don't think you are scammed, just a case of their bad CS.

Too be honest, I don't think they even have that gun in stock. Hardly no clones are coming out these days and for example WGC Shop are all out of clone guns (almost). But EBB needs to be much clearer in their communication.

It's in fact a bit better now since they update the order status on your order page. I have an order played 16th dec not shipped yet. Listed as processing. Asked for a tracknr the 24th, got one, but it's still not shipped yet. Not the first time so no big worries. I've mailed them again. Placed another order the 24th, it's been shipped, got tracknr even without asking for it. Not fast but a little over a week processing time, almost standard (no can say they are fast). The order is listed nicely as shipped on my account page on EBB.

I can't say this enough. Always buy just ONE item per order. If you want five items, you gotta make 5 orders IMHO. It's crappy but it's better to be very clear when dealing with EBB.

I ordered some Multicam and a DD 7.0 Rail and some magpul parts on Christmas day.

Got a tracking number on the 31st of December

Checked the number lastnight and it was picked up by Parcelforce 48 from Heathrow on the 4th

I'm guessing it should be delivered today if its a 48 Hour Service.

Two of my items i ordered were out of stock, he said he would send them once they are back in stock so im hoping ill eventually recieve them!

I usually get a tracking number, but they almost never work. So I don't bother.

Hmm, I bought my item from their ebay store on the 29/12/09. I got an email with a tracking number on 3/1/10, and after checking it my item was only posted yestersday 5/1/10, 1 week after I paid <_< But at least its on its way :rolleyes:

On a side note, the order I placed with Ehobby Asia at the same time arrived in customs yesterday.

Josh

Bought a jacket from them at the price of 69.90

Made a miscalculation with the bank account I used to order, over drafted. -25 $

My fault entirely, but should be cleared up soon I suggested. I deposit money into the account to make up for the overdraft and the cost of the jacket.

Nothing happens for a week, I assume the bank covered the 69.90 charge. Continue to use that account. (My bank will cover the cost if under $10 and take it out later. The overdraft was caused by 0.04 cents)

The next week after, I get charged the 69.90 again. Another over draft of $25 (I use this account for online ordering of items, as opposed to my real checking and savings)

This all took place in November. On Dec. 22nd EBB opened a paypal dispute against ME because they did not receive their 69.90! Because of the dispute I cannot just send them the money and apologize for the mix up. I assumed after the 2nd overdraft it was taken care of.

So uh, in a way, I'm getting them back for you guys. I'll just wait out the dispute time until they forcibly remove the money from the account.

Sucks the $69.90 actually cost me $119.90. They got me in the end I suppose.

But no, I've never had a problem with them before. :P

their customer service is so erratic that i only use them for things that I can't find anywhere else. Nowadays, thankfully, i can pretty much find anything on there elsewhere :)

I have to say though that when they have messed up my order in the past they did eventually sort it out and have never left me out of pocket.

Their shipping is getting bad to worst. I ordered the week before Xmas and I have not reveived it yet. On Monday, I sent them an email for the tracking number. They gave me the tracking number but there is no movement. I replied and they only say track again in 2 days. 2 more days passed and still nothing on tracking... :(

Thanks so much for all your input guys, I have a better picture of Ebairsoft's business manners now :huh:

I will just go ahead and close the dispute and take it to a claim now, no use in dragging this one out since they clearly are playing a waiting game with me.

Will try to get a full refund though , I am not keen on store credit at all tbh.

Btw , my order said "processing" from day one and would still say it today, over one month later if I had not disputed with PayPal.

So they put "processing" even when the item(s) are not in stock, this seems like a shady form of business.

Will keep you posted of the outcome.

I have placed one order with them.

After 2 weeks of hearing nothing from them I started emailing every other day.

When I asked for an ETA on my order, they (eventually) replied telling me that the order would ship "soon". I then replied telling them the "soon" is not an answer, it is a delaying tactic that I will not stand for, and that if I did not receive a VALID tracking number withing 24 hours I would file dispute with PayPal.

26 hours later I filed a dispute. During the dispute process my order arrived.

I had hoped that they had gotten better about this but after reading this thread, I see that they have not.

IF I ever order from them I will place order, wait one week then if/when they answer email(s) with "soon" or "ASAP" I will immediately file dispute. It seems that they do not ship until you dispute with PayPal.

Archived