USMC Loadouts

Mr.USMC

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I came home from school today and my mom handed me a letter that *someone* had sent me...

Well, it was from the USMC :D and it was pretty much a poster that asked me to enlist, you know the "are you up to the challenge?" Anyway, is this typical to get for most teens? Or just certain, select people? The reason I ask is because I am not even a US citizen(yet! well, hopefully) and in that case, is it right for them to send me one?

Well, I got a free USMC reflex sticker so I'm happy :P

I never got anything until i signed up on the sight to talk to get a location for a recruiter, then about a week later i got a letter saying the usual stuff about how they appreciate my interest in joining. At the end it said they would sent another one on my sometime after my birthday when I'm eligible to join for real.

So I came home from school today and my mom handed me a letter that *someone* had sent me...

Well, it was from the USMC :D and it was pretty much a poster that asked me to enlist, you know the "are you up to the challenge?" Anyway, is this typical to get for most teens? Or just certain, select people? The reason I ask is because I am not even a US citizen(yet! well, hopefully) and in that case, is it right for them to send me one?

Well, I got a free USMC reflex sticker so I'm happy :P

Congratulations, you have been selected by top national security experts to be trained and equipped to become a member of SFOD Recon Mega Ultra BBQ Squadron, composed of the most elite hyper-efficient super soldier killing machines.

No, I'm pretty sure every teenage male in America has received recruitment packages from some branch of the armed forces, particularly now, in wartime. Depending on your academic situation, certainly ROTC and maybe even the service academies, and they will most definitely throw scholarship money at you. So, I wouldn't be too quick to pat yourself on the back, and just remember all the stuff you get your parents and your neighbors paid for.

Then again, if you sign up, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to get you your citizenship.

Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone at my school getting anything so I just asked. But I'm glad they send out this stuff, I'm sure it helps because I certainly looked through it all.

Well, since I'm not a citizen of the US and I want to enlist in the military(sorry, for the somewhat off-topicness here), do I have to be a citizen to enlist or do I just need the clearance of my Visa that I already have? I know the question is not strictly USMC, but all branches, but I figured someone should know here more than anywhere else.

Well, since I'm not a citizen of the US and I want to enlist in the military...

I'm no recruiter but you can join, and then it's a bit easier to get your citizenship. I know quite a few Mexican Marines who got their citizenship this way.

100126-M-8605C-003.jpg

A Marine with Battalion Landing Team, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine regiment hands humanitarian ration at an aid distribution site near a landing zone in Leogane, Haiti, Jan. 26, 2010. Marines flew into the area, Jan. 24, 2010, establishing a new humanitarian aid receiving area for Haitian earthquake victims at a missionary compound.

On the photo there´s a marine on the background with a Camelbak in Marpat arid, is it a private purchase?

cheers

McArthur resize in pixels or page size?

Because pixels i dont want, to see every detail in the pic...if page size, well the forum do that for me!

DOD i have seen other pics of USMC humanitarium missions...

I bet that those pics make you all proud!

Cheers

Archived