EDIT:

dscf1131adjustedpe6.jpg

Theres my pride and joy.

Received : January

Skirmishes: 0

Shots fired: about 300

I wish there was somewhere closer to use it, as ive never skirmished once :(

Edited by ollie_ty

Nice pictures everyone. I hope to post mine soon.

A question to all CA8 owners. How do you remove the front outer barrel? Mine seems to be loctited onto the threads, and I am trying to figure if there is a better method short of brute force?

Thank you.

Oh, and don't forget, +1's will be awarded.

Spencer

My CA8-2 was pretty tight, but it did come off with just a good twist. The gasblock that the outer barrel is screwed onto is full metal and very tough, give it some force, it'll unscrew. Make sure you have the handguard off, and a nice solid grip on your gas block. Remember to twist to the right - it's negative thread so a right-hand twist removes it.

I know CA locktites their flash hiders on, but the outer barrel on the CA8-2 shouldn't be. If yours is, then its the first one I've heard of being like that. If it is glued on, you'll be in for a very tough time. It's way too big for most of the usual methods, like boiling and soaking in acetone...

Edited by n00bTard
Nice pictures everyone. I hope to post mine soon.

A question to all CA8 owners.  How do you remove the front outer barrel?  Mine seems to be loctited onto the threads, and I am trying to figure if there is a better method short of brute force?

Thank you.

Oh, and don't forget, +1's will be awarded.

Spencer

see me on AIM...

here is the latest photo of the parts i reguarly swap between on my gun. though i forgot to put my green laser/torch combo in :rolleyes:

DSCN2965.jpg

CA K handle/KA multi reticule reflex sight/guarder elcan/aimpoint copy with trades

custom chopped 'C' rail

CA36K

SPR flashider

'C' grip/'K' grip

custom made silencer

KV stock with custom battery

PPA magwell adaptor

STAR 150 rnd L85 AFV mag/VN mags

DSCN2964.jpg

i think its finished now. :mellow:

Thanks to all who offered help. Brute force was applied generously, and problem has been solved.

The Loctite or adhesive was red in color, so I'm not sure what it exactly was, but whatever it was, it's solved.

The question is now, is a C handguard long enough to fit a CA8?

Spencer

Yep, it'll fit - the gas block is exactly the same as on all the other CA36 series. It'll fit no problem.

Oh, and red locktite I believe is for metal-on-metal, while blue locktite isn't nearly as strong. If they used Red, they really didn't want you to get it off. Mine was not like that at all, so I wonder when they started...

Edited by n00bTard
uhg, just 5 away! Why god, Why?!

p.s. I'll give you one once I'm 50 :P *rushes off to make more posts*

btw if your carry handle lacks that hex screw, and you're unable to find a replacement one, you should ask this man

http://myworld.ebay.com/warthers_originals_online/

imho, is the best and cheaper CA dealer worldwide.

(i got my CA G36 carry handle for just $35+shipping from him)

He has everything CA makes.

great store, but ships only to USA....if you go by the site?

He ships worldwide using USPS Airmail.

Just bid, and if you win, he'll send you the total amount including shipping cost to your country.

For example, it did cost me $22 to ship the CA G36 Carry Handle and a CA G36 Stock to Spain.

The only cons, is that he's a bit slow on shipping, but nobody can beat his prices. For me it's worth the wait.

Thanks  :) ,

btw if your carry handle lacks that hex screw, and you're unable to find a replacement one, you should ask this man

http://myworld.ebay.com/warthers_originals_online/

imho, is the best and cheaper CA dealer worldwide.

(i got my CA G36 carry handle for just $35+shipping from him)

He has everything CA makes.

Nice find there. Bookmarked. ;)