Students hassling me.

Stealthbomber

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being serious, contact your council, in MK it's the Environmental Health department who deal with noise complaints.

If it's serious and they aren't too busy they'll send someone out even during the night to investigate. There are many aspects about our council that are great :)

You'll need to keep a record of when they make excessive noise.

Once you've reported it, contact the uni/college, ask to talk to the principle/vice chancellor, and tell them that you've reported them to the council.

It may not do anything, it depends on how much the uni/college cares about it's reputation in the local community.

Being semi-serious how about a gang of scruffy fellows who always crash the party, drink all the beer, chat the girls, get stuck in the washroom and so on. The parties will eventualy have to move to another house to avoid being ruined.

Being serious, contact your council, in MK it's the Environmental Health department who deal with noise complaints.

If it's serious and they aren't too busy they'll send someone out even during the night to investigate. There are many aspects about our council that are great :)

You'll need to keep a record of when they make excessive noise.

Once you've reported it, contact the uni/college, ask to talk to the principle/vice chancellor, and tell them that you've reported them to the council.

It may not do anything, it depends on how much the uni/college cares about it's reputation in the local community.

+1 for all that.

Regular calls to the council and police will show that it's not just a one off thing so they may be more likely to do something about it.

All I charge for my service is a 12 pack of stella and the cost of calling an ambulance when I end up face down and naked in your garden in an alcohol induced coma.

You may allso wish to bolt your doors and if you have a panic room or basement, I would advise staying in it until the sound of screaming has died away.

It will be like the famed service station incident.

The house next door is rented out to students and recently they've been acting like total nobbers.

There's graffiti sprayed on the walls, bins are getting knocked over, there's smashed beer bottles all over the grass outside, loud music at all hours (literally, it goes on until 4am and then starts again at 8am), drunken and stoned kids falling over my car outside and general nuisance.

Sell up. Move. Go some where nice.

If you are first out, you may get a good price for the property. Which, will then be rented out to more students.

If you leave it too late, you will be surrounded by poo, unable to sell, saying, this used to be such a nice place, where did all the nice people go?

Funny old world, it is.

Greg.

Actually come to think of it, my house at the moment has a pretty bad situation.

All we like to do is smoke a bit of hardcore drugs and play a little bit of transe music music during our waking hours (which due to our drug addled frenzy is 20 hours a day) and occasionally twice a week have wild parties where we trash our house to the early hours of the morining and then occasionally break our piping and pour sewage into next door's house and this complete nobber from next door keeps coming round and complaining like we are doing something wrong.

I was gonna moan about this in Punky's thread but I figure it might be worth a thread of it's own instead.

The house next door is rented out to students and recently they've been acting like total nobbers.

There's graffiti sprayed on the walls, bins are getting knocked over, there's smashed beer bottles all over the grass outside, loud music at all hours (literally, it goes on until 4am and then starts again at 8am), drunken and stoned kids falling over my car outside and general nuisance.

I've been around there a couple of times but, tbh, the occupants are usually too stoned to actually engage in conversation about the situation.

So anyway, it's all got a bit much over the last couple of days and I've ended up calling the police twice.

This resulted in an interesting conversation with a cop this morning.

I pointed out that the last time I went round to complain about the noise the person who opened the door seemed to have very red eyes and his pupils were dilated and he was, literally, unable to speak.

The cop tells me (bear in mind this is Scotland, not England) that they need proof that drugs are in use before they can do anything such as search a premises or an individual.

I thought this was a little odd and pointed out that it's legal for a cop to stop ANY car on the road and carry out a spot-check on the vehicle and driver and yet it's, apparently, NOT legal to conduct similar spot-checks on suspected drug users.

What's the message there? Are we to believe that car drivers are a bigger menace to society (thus requiring the police to have more far-reaching powers related to drivers) than drug users?

Funny old world innit? :(

I rang to complain about a loud party once, and I could smell weed being smoked.

They told me, even though there is evidence of weed being taken(the smell) because it is done in their own homes the police have no power of arrest? WTF?

This was back in.... 2006 or 2007.

I hate inconsiderate t*ats.

I rang to complain about a loud party once, and I could smell weed being smoked.

They told me, even though there is evidence of weed being taken(the smell) because it is done in their own homes the police have no power of arrest? WTF?

This was back in.... 2006 or 2007.

I hate inconsiderate t*ats.

Hash/weed, call it what you will has changed class again since then. It's a more 'serious' class (after being 'down graded') again now, so the police are likely to be less tolerant.

Funny how politics works, cannabis & the problems associated with it, remains the same. Yet the view the law takes, changes with the wind!

Personally, having given it a go, I don't care for it. I was lucky, it just made me a bit randier & tired, there's a paradox!

Unfortunately for a few of my smarter mates, it bought on all sorts of psychosis, that would probably have been avoided, if they abstained.

A real shame, as they were lively, worth while people, before the chronic.

Having seen that first hand, I'm anti. However, this is difficult for me, as I also believe in freedom of choice.

I suppose, I figure it's like booze or fast driving: As long as you don't impact on any one else's life, complain, or drain resources, do what you have to.

The problem isn't the drug, it's the cost of medicines for the cancer it causes, & supporting folk who are too stoned to hold down a job.

Greg.

Actually come to think of it, my house at the moment has a pretty bad situation.

All we like to do is smoke a bit of hardcore drugs and play a little bit of transe music music during our waking hours (which due to our drug addled frenzy is 20 hours a day) and occasionally twice a week have wild parties where we trash our house to the early hours of the morining and then occasionally break our piping and pour sewage into next door's house and this complete nobber from next door keeps coming round and complaining like we are doing something wrong.

You should beat the ###### outta that guy.

Hash/weed, call it what you will has changed class again since then. It's a more 'serious' class (after being 'down graded') again now, so the police are likely to be less tolerant.

Funny how politics works, cannabis & the problems associated with it, remains the same. Yet the view the law takes, changes with the wind!

Personally, having given it a go, I don't care for it. I was lucky, it just made me a bit randier & tired, there's a paradox!

Unfortunately for a few of my smarter mates, it bought on all sorts of psychosis, that would probably have been avoided, if they abstained.

A real shame, as they were lively, worth while people, before the chronic.

Having seen that first hand, I'm anti. However, this is difficult for me, as I also believe in freedom of choice.

I suppose, I figure it's like booze or fast driving: As long as you don't impact on any one else's life, complain, or drain resources, do what you have to.

The problem isn't the drug, it's the cost of medicines for the cancer it causes, & supporting folk who are too stoned to hold down a job.

Greg.

Thing that gets my goat is that the government in reclassifying recently went against scientific advice. They basically held their hands up and said "we don't care what the facts are, this is baaaaaaad". Very moronic.

Thing that gets my goat is that the government in reclassifying recently went against scientific advice. They basically held their hands up and said "we don't care what the facts are, this is baaaaaaad". Very moronic.

I don't really care what the government thinks, all they care about is votes.

The FACTS, from ongoing studies, going back as far as the '60's, are 'bad'.

Disproportionately high incidents of mouth, throat, lung & liver cancers, psychosis, & relatively low financial success. Statically speaking.

You ARE better off without it.

Agreed, in 'most' folk, the odd spliff doesn't do a huge amount of harm but you do run the psychosis risk, slim though it is.

THC is a toxin, so you stress your body less, by abstaining.

Inhaling any sort of smoke (fine particles of carbon), from any source, is not helpful to your respiratory system. Weather it's passive smoking, or burning wood, so again, avoiding the odd spliff, is doing your lungs a favor.

I think society has to take an informed stance on this. We allow, fags 'n' booze, so why & where do we draw the line on 'legality'.

Exactly how seriously do we take this? Why, have we decided to tax fag users & imprison coke dealers? Should Heroin really be illegal? If you can afford to support yourself, what does it matter to me, if you want to shorten the length of your existence, in a trance?

Seems to me, that we take the easy rout, as ever. The substances, that we have baned, cause no more harm to society, than stuff we allow. We seem to have banned them, because of the associated problems. What we should have done, is addressed those problems. If a sober man steals, we take one stance. If he does it while stoned, we take another, 'blaming' the drugs. Personally, I'd treat them all the same. You steal, you pay the price, I don't care WHY, you steal.

Stealing is the crime, wasting your life on drugs is a choice.

Greg.

Too much of anything is bad, although some stuff are more harmful than others.

Personally I've never bothered with drugs, never given them a try. I've got enough vices as it is.

Maybe, you'll get round to it.

I was anti smoking as a kid. Sure, 'live & let live' but I didn't want to smoke. This kept me away from 'weed' until I was about 25, when I figured I'd give it a go. I've tried most cannabis 'products'. All of the well known names & a few of the more obscure ones. None of the 'brand new' stuff, I 've not bothered for about 5 years. There is no point in handicapping this body, any more than 'age' is. :rolleyes:

At the time it was ok but I really wouldn't recommend it. The so called 'positive' effects are very over rated. They definitely don't out weigh the negative.

Just my observations, for what they are worth. :D

Greg.

I don't think much crime gets committed by stoned people. Now guys after their next hit of crack, meth or similar are a much larger problem.

The point with reclassification is less that I mind marijuana being illegal but where it is in relation to other substances that are a helluva lot more harmful.

I don't think much crime gets committed by stoned people. Now guys after their next hit of crack, meth or similar are a much larger problem.

The point with reclassification is less that I mind marijuana being illegal but where it is in relation to other substances that are a helluva lot more harmful.

Precisely.

So it can only be a political move. A perceived vote winner, baring absolutely no relevance to the reality of the situation. Don't forget to vote now. ;) Oh the irony.

Greg.

I doubt it.

My gun habit simply does not allow me to develop a drug habit. :D

Good for you.

I'd hate to sway opinion but in this case, I agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, stick with the guns. :D They will bring you a lot more happiness in the long run.

Greg.

Thing is, it's about more than scientific study. It's about what the society we live in, the society we elect politicians to run on our behalf, will tolerate.

I suspect a scientific study might conclude that it's not actually harmful to have sex with a 12 year old kid.

How well do you think that would fly if somebody tried to have it legalised on the grounds of "a scientific study"?

It IS all very prejudiced.

I'm sure that if we'd had all the information about tobacco and alcohol back in the days we first discovered them they'd probably be grouped with other drugs.

I guess the problem is that there's a basic inertia with society. Society wants what it's always had and often doesn't want anything new.

I suppose it's easy to suggest that's a bad thing but, regardless, it it IS what the majority of society wants then I guess it's the way things have to be.

Thing is, it's about more than scientific study. It's about what the society we live in, the society we elect politicians to run on our behalf, will tolerate.

I suspect a scientific study might conclude that it's not actually harmful to have sex with a 12 year old kid.

How well do you think that would fly if somebody tried to have it legalised on the grounds of "a scientific study"?

It IS all very prejudiced.

I'm sure that if we'd had all the information about tobacco and alcohol back in the days we first discovered them they'd probably be grouped with other drugs.

I guess the problem is that there's a basic inertia with society. Society wants what it's always had and often doesn't want anything new.

I suppose it's easy to suggest that's a bad thing but, regardless, it it IS what the majority of society wants then I guess it's the way things have to be.

Agreed.

I nearly included the 'if we could ban fags & booze, would we?' thing back in post 41. But think you have summed up what I was getting at, way better than I could.

Perhaps if I hadn't smoked all that gear, I'd be more literate? I doubt it, all I read before I was 25, was the Beano & 2000AD. ;)

"Some of us are built to write & some of us are built to fight........................"

Greg.

Good for you.

I'd hate to sway opinion but in this case, I agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, stick with the guns. :D They will bring you a lot more happiness in the long run.

Greg.

Indeed.

*goes off to continue sniffing my lovely type 56's real steel smell*

sooo addictiveeeeeeeee..................

Archived