Note to self

Cosmitz

So 6:30 in the morning and i decide to fool around with my replicas and charge some batteries. I pull out my old trusty MP5K, remove the rails, see that the battery is still in, push the trigger to see if it still has juice, nothing, grip the weapon better by putting your hand in front of the barrel, switch to auto, fire, get PAIN!

Lucky me it's only 90m/s but i got hit exactly in between my palm and my ring-finger. >.<

Do you guys have any maintenance/house airsoft wounds? ;p

Do you guys have any maintenance/house airsoft wounds? ;p

I treat my airsoftguns as if they are real weapons, so no. :)

But I have seen countless of idiots in the field or in the safe zone.

you know, the likes that look into their barrel without eye protection to see if there is still a BB left,

while their AEG is not on safe and the battery is still connected. :rolleyes:

I guess, If you want do something utterly stupid, you better to it utterly stupid all the way.

I do use sheet of paper or any other thing that can indicate if there is a flow of air through the barrel.

And after each skirmish I always make few semi auto shots to make sure that the spring is not compressed, which also clears the chamber

I think after this small incident you won't make this mistake again :)

I have:

Stabbed myself in the leg with a medieval flash hider.

Tore a half inch gash in my thumb with a spring guide.

Smashed myself in the face with a stock trying to separate the two halfs of a JG M733.

Hit myself in the sternum with the gas valve of a K98 that I thought had no gas in it thus was safe to take apart(clue: it wasn't).

I also sewed my thumb to a pair of DDPM trousers once...

... Ouch. >.>

Especially the gas thing. I once put too much sticky teflon around a USP mag to stop it leaking.. it didn't work, but when i tried to take it out, the usual 'put a bit of gas in it' transformed into 'put a lot of gas in it', and when it popped.. nough said, it took a big chunk of the ceiling with it. >.<

I have:

Stabbed myself in the leg with a medieval flash hider.

They're a bugger ain't they? I'm always jabbing myself with the damn thing when it's hanging on a sling, but it looks so menacing i refuse to use a sensible one.

On top of that...

Taken a 6mm chunk out of my palm unscrewing an ICS razor sharp 72 round shell.

Had a ricochet hit me in the bellend while shooting cans in my room in a dressing gown.

Freeze-burn on my hand from over-filling a USP mag.

Fractured a toe dropping the same USP mag on my foot after freezing my hand.

Trapped my finger between 2 XTM panels.

Stabbed myself in the leg with a screwdriver while disassembling an M4 on my lap.

Basically, i'm an idiot.

Happened on site but still fits in here

When loading my acm M500 I racked the fore arm back further than needed and cocked it. Without realising it my hand had moved to over the muzzle (sp?) and when I was done I returned the foregrip forwards and it went off (no, my other hand wasn't even near the trigger) sending 5 bbs ito my hand. Cue a bloody hand and lots of swearing, but 10min later I had a band aid on it and wrapped it in gaffa tape, like in dusk til dawn

haha. well i have one.

staying over hwagens before a game. He was playing around with my kit when he picks up my usp compact from my gun box (i was standing near on a metre and a half in front) he points it at my chest and blam, shot me not realising there was anything in the magazine lol. i lived to fight the next day so all is good :)

haha. well i have one.

staying over hwagens before a game. He was playing around with my kit when he picks up my usp compact from my gun box (i was standing near on a metre and a half in front) he points it at my chest and blam, shot me not realising there was anything in the magazine lol. i lived to fight the next day so all is good :)

This is a perfect example of 3 things;

1: Don't leave magazines loaded.

2: Don't point guns at people unless you know the current firing state of said gun.

3: Shooting Jack is fun.

Tested a v2 gear box i had just finished working on and as i fired i realised that my finger was in the ported cylinder hole. It took a large chunk out of my finger but i didnt even realise until i saw blood all over the carpet. The annoying thing was i had to take the gb apart again to get that part of my finger out.

Also managed to slice my finger on the fake bolt plate in an m4 AEG. Was pushing it to keep it in place and slipped :(

You can't call those things shooting accidents.

I had this with my thumb on the spring at the rear of a gearbox. Problem with this gearbox of a mate's was kind of spooky.

well, not for me, but for him. his selector switch was corroded. and the power of the battery took about 10 seconds to reach the motor.

I did not realise that there was still a connection, even when the trigger wasn't pulled.

it took the skin of my thumb, the size of a penny. it was first bleeding, then I realised something was kind of wrong.

Thumb was healed after les than 2 weeks. (yes, I am a fast healer, :) )

Uh, textile electrical tape that's so poor quality that it smells horrible and it only sticks to itself. >.> It really did a number on the mags and totally ruined the seals.

So, not teflon then. As in the non-stick stuff thats on my pans.

Was a ###### joke, never mind ;)

Archived