KSC system 7

reaper16

Hey guys,

I recently posted a topic asking about how i should appropriate funds for a new sidearm. I got alot of suggestions, the most numerous begin the Tm 5-7, 226 and ANY KSC system 7 GBB.

So my question is what makes the system 7's so good? How reliable are they? Also, are there alot of upgrades avaliable of the system 7 systems, or do they not vary extremely from the normal GBB systems?

Thanks in advance

Reaper16

Basically System 7 is a an upgrade to most original KSC guns to limit cool down, however it is techinically only really necessary for Automitc weapons (e.g. M11, MP7, 18c etc). You get better gas consumption and a more consistant output of gas (because cool down is limited). Even more useful with metal slides and bodies since these get colder quicker.

I own a USP Sytem 7 and skirmished most of the day with it a couple of weeks ago (hop went in my AEG) and easily get 2-3 mags from one gas charge, (with snow on the ground) even with rapid firing. Edit: Also I noticed these magazines are silent fill (no gas spraying out everywhere when you fill them, new for KSC)

They do most upgrades compatiable for System 7 too (inner barrels, magazines, metal slides etc).

Hope this helps. Cheers.

P.S: I have owned several types of GBB and found the difference between this and modern day Marui GBB's is probably the better gas consumption.

As far as i have heard the System 7 idea is not far removed from the one TM do in there gas guns.

Compiled with the fact that KSC guns have dropped in power (about 10-20 fps) which is within tM limits and they have the same rate of cooldown seems to support that fact.

They are better than the old pre-System 7 guns but they are not compatible with each other.

As for upgrade KSC has never had the mountain of upgrades that a TM usually gets but they usually have metal slides as standard and should be some hop and barrel upgrades around, check before you buy.

'FireKnife'

I believe System 7 is the same thing as KWA's NS2; that being said, I only have experience with NS2 systems. I know that KWA/KSC MP7 has been doted over to death but that was my first experience with this gas engine and I have to say that I was sold.

My KWA M226 (for sale btw B) ) has the NS2/System 7 engine and it gets like 2.5 mags on one fill, the recoil is great and the whole gun just feels so solid. I'm only selling it because I need to focus my finances on an effective skirmishable set-up (more mags, gear, upgrades and such) and I want a PDW theme, so I chose the TM FiveseveN/MP7. I don't mind keeping it though! :rolleyes:

I like the loud volume that System 7 offers. I'd have to say that gas efficiency is the most prominent feature. I haven't seen many upgrades though.

i an the owner of 2 usp matches with the S7 system

and well i like s7 because they dont ever give up no matter what the cold is

i fired a 29 rounder at -5 degrees at rapid fire without a problem

in the summer at 20-25 degrees i can fire with one fill of gas 3 to 3&1/2 mags

and my usp('s) shoots with greengas a standard of 350 fps (.25 biostar bb's)

and since my other clubmembers know about this

2more usp and 3more glocks all with s7 have appeared in my club

Well my question is if a part were to break in my KSC could I find a replacement peice? I dont really want upgrades beyond a better barrel bc a sidearm is just that, a sidarm. I would use it for CQB, or if I needed a to fire before reloading.

So thats my only question, really, can i find replacement parts if something were to break in it?

Ok....

Well darn now i have to choose between a USP/USP tactical and a 5-7...

Boy, those are two great choices. System 7 and Marui's new system are my favorite....I guess it would come down to taste and gear availability. Finding gear for the FiveseveN is a little bit more challenging than for the USP, as I'm finding out.

I recently sold my KWA M226 (NS2) to fund accessories/parts for my FiveseveN. I'm going for a PDW loadout so I'm building up my mp7 and FiveseveN systems.

With both guns I get 2 solid mags for a every fill and that is great. The FiveseveN kicks like crazy (if you're into that kind of thing!! :) )

Get the Five Seven. Spare parts and up-grades are getting more available all the time. I've got two of them and they are darn good pistols. Quite accurate, good range, power and a good number of shots from a gas fill.

Recently put a stainless steel outer barrel in mine and looking to order the metal interior slide soon. They've also come out with a threaded barrel for the pistol as well.

It's starting to look good for the Five Seven now. Check out the review section.

Hey guys,

I recently posted a topic asking about how i should appropriate funds for a new sidearm. I got alot of suggestions, the most numerous begin the Tm 5-7, 226 and ANY KSC system 7 GBB.

So my question is what makes the system 7's so good? How reliable are they? Also, are there alot of upgrades avaliable of the system 7 systems, or do they not vary extremely from the normal GBB systems?

Thanks in advance

Reaper16

Others have answered what the sys7 is for, & they are right.

The effect, is to make the gun as good a performer as a Marui. The latest generation of Marui GBB's (since the hicappa) have been excellent. Gas efficiency & accuracy have taken a leap forward. Despite relatively low fps (280 ish, on green), I expect 12" groups at 50m, from any of these Marui pistols, using .3's, with the hop set at around 3/4. It's great.

Prior to the Sys7/NS2, the KSC/KWA design delivered poor accuracy in comparison. Now they are right up there. As a rule you can expect higher fps than Marui, but be aware 'Japan' models will always be sub 300fps & the 'Japan' version of the MP7 actually breaks when used in conjunction with 'Green'. See the KSC MP7 thread in the gas pistol review section for details.

For a great example of how good the sys7 pistols can be, take a look at the USP 'Match'. This typically chronoes around 370fps (.2 on green). Loading with devil .4's & setting the hop, I spent an hour with one of these on a windy day & recorded hits on a fellow player, at 74m. I was stunned. :mellow:

The MP7 is now legendary & the very best GBB rifle (all be it an smg) available, blowing the M16-a-like alternatives out of the water, performance wise. Again, check out the review for details.

The Marui 5/7 is a great bit of kit. Again, you will find it in the gas blow back pistol review section but in short, you can expect sub 12" groups at 50m out of the box. The usual formula, .3's hop set around 3/4. This is one of the few out of the box Maruis to chrono over 300, on green, out of the box. You can expect around 310fps at room temp, with a .2. Compared to 280, from most of the other Maruis.

It has a very clever design, which should ensure longevity. The magazine is big, taking about 25bbs, fitting most mag pouches & giving around 70 or 80 shots before needing a refill. I have used this gun, trouble free, in sub zero conditions. Not quite a 'match' but not far off.

Spares & upgrades are available for both the 5/7 & ksc syst7's but out of the box performance is good, so most are not needed.

At any rate whats the difference in KWA and KSC?

There is no difference in the design of KSC & KWA, (with very few exceptions) all parts are compatible to both. They are basically the same gun. Some times you find the 'quality' of the KSC's are better. Trades & packaging vary, that's about it. If you don't care about trades, I would always go with a KWA & save a few quid. If it's a duff one, you can always get it sorted if you have a good warranty.

Greg.

My S7 USP .45 happily fires a whole magazine in very cold weather, and locks the slide back - Admittedly it does have a little bit of cooldown when firing rapidly in cold weather, and the blowback isn't quite as crisp in the cold, but the main thing is - It works! Considering it's a metal slided GBB that functions adequately in 2-3 degrees celsius, i'm very happy with it.

My S7 USP .45 happily fires a whole magazine in very cold weather, and locks the slide back - Admittedly it does have a little bit of cooldown when firing rapidly in cold weather, and the blowback isn't quite as crisp in the cold, but the main thing is - It works! Considering it's a metal slided GBB that functions adequately in 2-3 degrees celsius, i'm very happy with it.

Too right. :D

If you had gone for the plastic slide, the cold weather performance would have been even better. Although, I suppose, ultimately, it wouldn't be as,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cool. :rolleyes:

Greg.

I've played with some Sys7/NS2 GBBs before and they are impressively good - I'd say better than TM in the cold, even.

When it's silly cold I use my HFC Desert Eagle, which has a stupidly big gas reservior, but even then it's still struggling to empty a mag - whereas I've seen a KWA NS2 USP empty a mag in rapid fire in the same weather without a problem and lock back.

Well worth it, I'd say.

I've played with some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I played with a great one last Friday night.

We were in Salbaach, Austria & it was freezing but I have to say her performance was more than acceptable.

Loverly crisp action, powerful blow back, no slow down or freezing up & she felt great in my hands.

I can throughly recommend her, even at the ridiculous price of 8 euros for a black current vodka & lemonade. Of which she drank 4! :huh:

Greg.

Well

My only beef is the dang trades on the KWA....I really like having accurate trades...but then again...I dont want to blow shipping from HK which I can always get a different slide later on if I decide. Not to mention if i order stateside I can get free shipping and piggy back other bits I need on the order.

I'll decide by tmrw since my fed and state taxes are back in.

Used my SigPro 2022 at the weekend - System 7, metal slide, probably about 5 degrees. Fired every shot with a decent kick and locked the slight just fine - Performed a little better than my USP, i imagine due to the lighter slide. Other than a minor barrel flaw which is playing up with the accuracy, it's absolutely awesome.

System 7 = Godsauce.

I've had a somewhat difference experience with my KSC Taiwain S7 USP from Ehobby. I'm pretty sure i didn't get a lemon as the shipped me a replacement one and the performance was the same. At low temperatures two weeks ago at First and Only's The Mall I was able to shoot all but the last round in very rapid fire (more than one shot per second). At the point it failed the slide would cycle but not far enough to pick up a round. I'm also doubtful that it would have been able to lock back after the last round.

The problem i can see, with mine at least, is that the recoil spring is very stiff indeed. More than is needed to return the slide to battery. I've bought another spring which i intend to cut short to see if it helps. Compared to a friend's TM 5-7 the recoil spring feels very heavy. Good for snappy return to battery.... not so good for lock back and general blowback in cold weather.

Also, in the case of the USP the stock metal slide weighs about a feather more than the plastic one :) bonus

Archived