Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

Yeah the only way of getting around that would be to use a PEQ box, front ended battery, but I just dont like the unbalanced feel so I have to use a crane stock.

I guess we forget this is airsoft, and our AEGs do need to work!

Why not try a LiPo battery. They are lightweight and small.

Here is my solution. Completely concealed and so light, even the performance was increased compared to my previous NiMH 9.6V/3300mAh battery.

Photo 1/2:

9b500ff0.jpg

Photo 2/2:

b339dfbd.jpg

Also many of you forget that now the MTV is being issued. The newer OTV-Cover won't see much use.

I do not want to get one atm because I do not want to take anything useful away from the troops who need it down in Irak.

The MTV is initially only being issued to overseas deployed Marines and even there many still have the IBA/OTV. There was also a quality issue raised recently with the MTV and that could also influence the decision if a second order after the initial 60.000 units order will be made.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm what li poly battery is that? You got a link, I would love to go back to a regular M4 stock or maybe my VLTOR.

Also about the MTV, every unit going to Iraq is getting the MTV. I'm in the reserves and when we get activated in Dec we will be getting issued the MTV, Nomex flight suits in tan, nomex hood, gloves, the LWH, and various other cool goodies.

hmmm what li poly battery is that? You got a link, I would love to go back to a regular M4 stock or maybe my VLTOR.

Also about the MTV, every unit going to Iraq is getting the MTV. I'm in the reserves and when we get activated in Dec we will be getting issued the MTV, Nomex flight suits in tan, nomex hood, gloves, the LWH, and various other cool goodies.

Firefox 12C batteries. There's also a customized one for the "buffer tube".

Mine is actually a split 3 cell battery for the handguard, but as you can see also fits into the "buffer tube".

Yes, deployed Marines or on their way to deployment like you get the newest gadgets including the MTV. Others already there may get theirs soon.

Btw, you wanna use your own body armour and sell the MTV? I'd be very grateful to get one. :rolleyes:

Don't those things catch on fire easily or some such nonsense?

Few guys round here use them to achieve stupid high ROFs.

I'd much rather have a solid single shot rate, as fast as i pull the trigger rounds come out, rather than setting it to full auto and blasting away.

How can I achieve that? A motor with more torque? Like now if i do single shot sometimes it gets stuck in half cycle or something stupid...it annoys me.

Thats pretty much what they are good for

Yes they can explode if not discharged/recharged correctly, hence the cell balancer

If they are a good quality brand and you give them TLC, they will be fine, i think those RSOV ones look mighty cheap though

But what do you guys think of the Spartan/MTV in the heat, does it kill you still if you take off the groin and neck protectors and just use the main vest. I assume the gen 2 would be better because of the less dense fabric

*wishes of MTV*

shot of my usmc loadout. the bib is folded down now and the pouches are on my back.

l_22049b504ccc3e77292e44e2b4079156.jpg

On the lipos. YES it is worth it, as i can get way more game play out of one tinny little lipo than i ever got from a 9.6 ginormous 2x4. I could play for two days straight, no recharge required

*wishes of MTV*

shot of my usmc loadout. the bib is folded down now and the pouches are on my back.

l_22049b504ccc3e77292e44e2b4079156.jpg

On the lipos. YES it is worth it, as i can get way more game play out of one tinny little lipo than i ever got from a 9.6 ginormous 2x4. I could play for two days straight, no recharge required

Where do you keep your lipoly? And where did you order it from? I want one that fits in the tube stock so i dont need a crane stock....

Also the MTV is very nice, so comfortable.

Yes, the first one on the referred website is customized for use in the stock tube, but I used the second one because it wasn't available yet when I bought it and as you can see it also fits into the tube (all 3 cells).

It's not a hassle, todays LiPoly Charger include the balancing feature and automatically balance during the charging process, so there's no extra work. Although it's true, LiPolys must be handled with care and should be stored safely as they don't just slowly smoke away like NiMH batteries but explode with multiple huge flames and burn out, so that anything near it may catch fire.

Here's another photo. Btw, anybody interested in my battery? I want to change to the customized version.

Photo 1/1:

2f3ee683.jpg

Got to see the new USMC flak last night up close and personal like. all the Marines ripping in right now seem to have it. It is nice, has a felt lineing in the neck area and a ballistic a$$ flap...It is heavier than an IBA but offers alot more potection than the standard IBA. The Grunts I was talking to last night like it alot. The only thing they didn't like was the release tab is easy to snag and the vest comes apart..LOL. Ohh..and the 3 hour class to put it together. If I can I will try and get some pics...no promises though...my FOB still has gunts in IBA's.

Archived