Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

mrk, I like those set-ups very much. Especially your MARPAT backpack, I am longing to find one cheap in the UK.
what do you mean "cheap"? Do you know the average price of this item?

Does no-one have any opinions on my Replica MARPAT? Link on page 33.

Also, what do we all think of the NEW Tru-Spec MARPAT/digital woodland?

WE all think it sux big time.

And the M4A1 is accurate if you say "it's an M4". The M4 is used by thousands of Marines.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reformulate : WE (except Edmiles) think it sux ;)

I reformulate again : obvious constructive input. Tru spec or copies are complete knock off and colours are really off from the start (look at the pictures). I didn't know it would wash away. Then the cut is probably OFF too. MCCUU isn't BDU and most copies are in the BDU set. Users of real sets will know what I mean. The MCCUU is really different and I doubt that even the tru spec is close to the real design. I may be wrong tough.

Finally, the price of the real MCCUU is SOOOOO low that real deal is better. You can get a full set for 60-70 US$. Tru spec is more here. Maybe lower somewhere else but still too much.

For airsoft and for the fun, of course, a copy is more than enough. It depends on the user.

Yes, Sgt-McKenzie is right. All replicas don't come close to the real deal and I have seen lots of them.

The ones from 5.11 are not really replicas, they have a completely different cutting and the digital "blocks" are way smaller. They are high quality and not comparable with the illegal China knockoffs. The 5.11s are even used buy PMCs and also NASA Security Units.

I reformulate : WE (except Edmiles) think it sux ;)

Excuse me? Could you just clearly outline the part where I said I thought it didn't suck? IIRC I did not say if I thought it sucked or not, the whole point was to ask the community what they thought.

I still have not recieved a single comment on my set either, so I will repost:

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/edmiles/airsoft/

They seem to have a bit too much brown, and the white on the shirt is too bright, thats what I think anyhow.

No I'm afraid that is pretty much what it looks like :P Although interestingly, the trousers and the shirt do not seem to match, the trousers arn't so bright in my eyes.

I'm not sure if I'd bother replacing the shirt, a lot of it is covered by my vest and my sleeves are often rolled up.

The TRU-SPEC 'combat shirt' looks tempting though..

Yeah, thats what I thought.

But about the TRU-SPEC, are you talking about just TRU-SPEC or the tru TRU-SPEC range? The tru range is newer and and updated, with a better cut and materials that are much more resistant to fading.

Just to show... The old TRU-SPEC MARPAT: http://www.warfighters.eu/detail.asp?c_urn...&urn=10424&pg=1

The newer, tru range TRU-SPEC MARPAT: http://www.warfighters.eu/detail.asp?c_urn...&urn=10428&pg=1

To sum it up:

It's not that difficult. If you want the real MarPat look, then buy the real MarPat stuff. All Replicas (China Knockofffs and TruSpec) and all Derivates (e.g 5.11) don't come close to the real MCCUs (Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform).

The 5.11s are of high quality and are used by PMCs and even the NASA Security, but again: You want it look like the real Marines, then buy the real deal.

Which brands are the real thing?

Either American Apparel or Propper International:

1. Propper International Inc.:

b93be06e.jpg

2. American Apparel Inc.:

62046d03.jpg

does anywhere in the uk stock the propper or AA stuff? i mean its easy enough for americans or similar to say get the genuine stuff but it seems harder to find over here and a lot of usa stores that deal in military surplus it seems arent prepared to ship over seas! worse luck

does anywhere in the uk stock the propper or AA stuff? i mean its easy enough for americans or similar to say get the genuine stuff but it seems harder to find over here and a lot of usa stores that deal in military surplus it seems arent prepared to ship over seas! worse luck

ebay is probably your best bet. I use the ebay shop "John's World of Camo". He's not the cheapest, but he has stock, and if he doesn't have what you want he can get it for you. Also, his descriptions are accurate, so you won't be getting old faded stuff if he says it's in good condition.

Archived