Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

How're these? :P

Gear selection among marines is largely preferencial. Some guys will spend their own money and buy their own pouches to replace worn-out, woodland camo issued pouches (like I did) and some guys used nothing but their woodland camo pouches from the first days of MOLLE.

These are obviously about a year old, because I didn't have the new flaks with the side SAPI's standard, we rolled with our two E-SAPI's and were happy.

There really is no right or wrong impression when doing a marine, as no marine will look exactly like his buddies.

l_773e18a08ee5fc2a591ea3f04da85912.jpg

l_b5c0e37b6bbbc1d12638440f8b618018.jpg

l_4b03f3d8b68284c7b6dd1e8a8e127231.jpg

460927292_l.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, we deployed as a MEU and did some anti-pirate ops, and had a run-in with some Somali pirates, so my friend sent me a bunch of eye patches as a joke.

She also sent us a few plastic cutlasses and we'd occasionally run around town waving them around and generally freaking everyone out.

Nice links.

This thread seems to me to be summed up by the old adage...

No unit that passes inspection is ever combat ready. Any unit that is combat ready will fail to pass inspection.

Impressions of any soldier will fall into either, it's regulation, or it's based on pictures.

Either way regulations change, and time passes and what is happening now is different to what happened then. So even when you've based your impression it's only correct for the time it was based. This really gets to some people who can't handle ambiguity and who then want to criticise.

YMMV

I had to buy 3 pairs of the Belleville USMC ICB boots before I finally got one that was okey. The boots were basically alright, but the leather parts of at least one of the pairs was always inconsistent in colour and texture. Having also seen these boots on other Airsofters and in shops it seems this problem is very common.

Do you think the models that are available to civilians are just rejected goods? I mean those boots are quite expensive and even cheap leather shoes from never-heard companies manage to keep the leather consistent.

Archived