Army Works Kimber Warrior

I just acquired a Kimber this week. I ordered from RSOV and was sorely disappointed to see that the foam insert was not in the box, nor was a manual or spare parts bag. Also, the first 2 inches of the slide were painted orange, which seemed a bit excessive(it was removable without too much trouble), and most of the inside of the gun was spattered with what looked like the same crappy grease that comes in ACM gearboxes. I haven't had a chance to test fire it yet, but I am pleased with the quality to price ratio (after cleaning the thing!).

I have a question: what is the secret to removing the inner barrel/hop assembly from the outer barrel? On the WE I have, there is a removable tab, but the Kimber lacks this feature.

As far as fixing the barrel movement, maybe a spring could be put between the inner barrel and outer, similar to WA 1911s?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an ARMY MEU in the mail today: totally compatible with the Kimber, as they are the same exact design, except for the recoil spring assembly. Wich means its also compatible with Marui 1911/MEU parts.

The MEU mag works in the Kimber and doesnt wobble, but the finish is not as nice. You better sand it.

Kimeu.jpg

Kimeu2.jpg

Nice gun chas

Any projects u're thinking of on this gun? Like modifying it to the Kimber ICQB or something like that?

Ive only had experience with Army over their MEU beforehand and so far it has lived through 50,000 rounds for now without a single problem. Do you recommend the Warrior?

50.000 ROUNDS!!! in a pistol? sorry for the offtopic but im speechless wide-eyed.gif

Dude since Ive bought that 1 year ago Ive been using that endlessly. Each week Ive been daily target-practising...wont be surprising that it has passed the 50,000 round mark. Anyway Im considering changing the inner barrel to a KM 6.04mm tightbore one soon enough. The old barrel starts to have some defects and the accuracy started dropping slightly...

Edited by The S.C.A.R.

Love the pistol but i heard the finish isnt that great on it.

I have a TM MEU w/full PGC Kimber LAPD SWAT II MBK and it fits and runs flawlessly.

The fit of the PGC Kit is the best fitting Kit i have had on a pistol to date.

As for removing the inner barrel from the outer barrel.......

If there is no plastic tab to unscrew then more than likely u just have to use some force to slide the inner barrel over the tab and out.

I will say that this Kimber is def a very nice alternative to a TM w/Kit or a WA.

• 1 month later...

After spending about 2 weeks, on and off, trying to fix the problem of the slide intermitently unable to fully go into battery, I finally came across the solution. However, because I have all 3 pistols; Kimber(R28), MEU(R27) and a TM 1911, I was able to swap parts between all 3 pistols and locate the problematic part.

If you do have the TM 1911 or can find one easily, just swap the complete TM 1911 barrel assembly into the Kimber and you're good to go. No problems whatsoever in 500 rounds of continuos testing. With the exception of barrel bushing which may need minor work with sandpaper to ensure smooth movement of the TM 1911 outer barrel, it's just a straight drop in replacement without any issues.

Please test the above combination and feedback the results.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what this pistol is (externally) a clone of? Im going to build the gun in the pic below and Docv400 is going to make a custom rear sight for me, but we need to know what kind of cut out the slide has so he can use a similar gun to model it after.

kim1-1.jpg

It is the Kimber LAPD SWAT.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/kimber_0402/

Anyone know what this pistol is (externally) a clone of? Im going to build the gun in the pic below and Docv400 is going to make a custom rear sight for me, but we need to know what kind of cut out the slide has so he can use a similar gun to model it after.

kim1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Where can i buy the "old" grips Pradal-Serey?

This has been answered already but to add to the info the coloquial name for them is "Mr. Peanut" grips, like the Mr. Peanut from Planter's Peanuts. There are several people on EBAY who make them, and a few ship internationally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got one of these around the start of december. I love mine, though it does have the barrel problem ( now I know that I need a new outerbarrel, I'll get one asap). One Question though, do you guys/girls know what size o-ring is in the fill valve, because I got 2 tm meu mags for mine and they don't fill as nicely as my army mag ( albiet they work better).

+1 one to the "new" grips, those looked good, where did you get them?