"DO NOT BUY FROM AIRSOFT ARMOURY"

Rolfy

I've just counted up the amount spent on significant invoices from Airsoft Armoury - as many as i can find at least.

CA SCAR CQC, KA Tango Down grip, Madbull Black Python barrel + H nub and rubber, TM KAC style VFG, 6 x CA 130 round Midcaps - £500 including fitting of the barrel and grip. Total AA price at the time was £554.93.

WE 1911 MEU + 2 Mags, WE 1911 Tactical + 2 mags = £250, should have been around £274.94

TM M3 S90 + 3 shells = £159.98 (3-4 years ago)

G&P M4A1 Solid Stock, KA Delta Force silencer, 2 x TM 300 Hicaps = £299.97, with a large 8.4 2200MaH Battery thrown in for free, and AA keeping the store open an extra 15 minutes on a Saturday due to traffic and the distance i had to travel to get there.

All of those purchases were made in store - Staff were friendly and helpful and overall a great laugh every single time. I've also purchased several small bits and bobs online or over the phone and never once had a problem.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear you had a bad experience with AA, i really am - But every single retailer i know has f*cked up once in a while - Without hearing the exact conversations between you and AA in all of their entirity, it's difficult to say who's wrong or who's right - You're obviously ticked off at AA, but only hearing one side of the story, i'm not going to stop using a retailer i've always had positive experiences with.

Hwagan

Fair comment, yeah retailers do fuc* up time to time BUT I've never had a retailer tell me to shove your gun up your Arsse then hang up the phone

I could send you a link via PM if you want from other airsofter's that tell a different story from Airsoft Armoury

I just don't and will not except anyone treating me that way, never had and never will..

Carl

More likely that it's a mate asked to sign up and post some backup comments.

JESUS paranoia is kicking in now... I don't know who Exibit is...

Before you make accusations please be sure of the facts..

Carl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hwagan

Fair comment, yeah retailers do fuc* up time to time BUT I've never had a retailer tell me to shove your gun up your *albartroth* then hang up the phone

I could send you a link via PM if you want from other airsofter's that tell a different story from Airsoft Armoury

I just don't and will not except anyone treating me that way, never had and never will..

Carl

That's understandable, and that is without a doubt shocking behaviour from a retailer - Thing is, when you say you kicked off at them on the phone (understandable, i've done the same thing) - Were you particularly rude or offensive? I'd still say the best bet is to phone them up, and say you feel a bit miffed at their idea of customer service - Just explain calmly the entire situation - It'll definitely help your case to suggest you should have mentioned the 11.1 power source, but that they should have enquired - They're a reasonable bunch of guys, but everyone has emotions after all - It's a lot easier to admit fault when it's not a one way street. As a retailer, they really should have checked everything and confirmed it all, but that doesn't change the fact the customer should give specifics about the project in hand. My money is on if you give 'em a call and explain everything in a calm and friendly manner you'll get a much happier ending to the story :)

Actually reading through this thread a second time it would be fair to say that both the customer and retailer were partly at fault.

Although Rolfy appeared to give them a "blank cheque" IRT to the upgrades I don't know what exactly was said, whether or not cost was somewhat a concern but he could pay for $100 worth of upgrades or "money is not an object". They could have called to make sure they could proceed with upgrades they had in mind but didn't.

I have also worked for a small business before and I'll admit we have screwed up before but the customers are generally (99.9% of the time) happy with the end result and the level of service given. In fact we actually have to turn away clients sometimes because we have too many recommendations for our services from other past clients.

I'm sure Rolfy was one of those people who fell through the cracks but it doesn't mean that we should vilify AA or brush it off. I really think that the OP should brush it off and chalk it up as a lesson learned to not go back there again and "vote with their dollar" going to other retailers if he thinks that the way he was treated was enough to make him avoid that specific retailer.

That's understandable, and that is without a doubt shocking behaviour from a retailer - Thing is, when you say you kicked off at them on the phone (understandable, i've done the same thing) - Were you particularly rude or offensive? I'd still say the best bet is to phone them up, and say you feel a bit miffed at their idea of customer service - Just explain calmly the entire situation - It'll definitely help your case to suggest you should have mentioned the 11.1 power source, but that they should have enquired - They're a reasonable bunch of guys, but everyone has emotions after all - It's a lot easier to admit fault when it's not a one way street. As a retailer, they really should have checked everything and confirmed it all, but that doesn't change the fact the customer should give specifics about the project in hand. My money is on if you give 'em a call and explain everything in a calm and friendly manner you'll get a much happier ending to the story :)

Hi

When I say kicked off, not once was I insulting to any of the members of staff there, I expressed my displeasure of the promise of call's back and nothing and also expressed that I shouldn't have to keep calling back to chase this up..

I repeat not once did I swear or insulting..

I did ask for a refund but that conversation was going nowhere fast.. Had the owner of AA just talking over me when I was talking.. and I basically said OK you can keep you £58 BUT I will tell every one what level of service I have had from your shop..

***1000+ Views on this forum alone***

I do keep to my word..

Carl

Actually reading through this thread a second time it would be fair to say that both the customer and retailer were partly at fault.

Although Rolfy appeared to give them a "blank cheque" IRT to the upgrades I don't know what exactly was said, whether or not cost was somewhat a concern but he could pay for $100 worth of upgrades or "money is not an object". They could have called to make sure they could proceed with upgrades they had in mind but didn't.

I have also worked for a small business before and I'll admit we have screwed up before but the customers are generally (99.9% of the time) happy with the end result and the level of service given. In fact we actually have to turn away clients sometimes because we have too many recommendations for our services from other past clients.

I'm sure Rolfy was one of those people who fell through the cracks but it doesn't mean that we should vilify AA or brush it off. I really think that the OP should brush it off and chalk it up as a lesson learned to not go back there again and "vote with their dollar" going to other retailers if he thinks that the way he was treated was enough to make him avoid that specific retailer.

L473ncy I've got a question for you what did I do to deserve a comment " You can go and shove your gun up your arsse" When I can say hand on hart I was not abusive or swearing towards anybody..

Carl

Well aint you the righteous crusader Rolfy! :rolleyes:

Lesson 1: AA need to brush up on their customer handling skills, seriously.

Lesson 2: Rolfy needs to learn that you shouldn't put high voltage batts in guns that have not been built to take them reliably, certainly not without doing significant research first.

This thread Title is also misleading, as in your case it is gunsmith work and poor complaint handling that is the problem, not straight sales, which is the major part of their business

Well aint you the righteous crusader Rolfy! :rolleyes:

Lesson 1: AA need to brush up on their customer handling skills, seriously.

Lesson 2: Rolfy needs to learn that you shouldn't put high voltage batts in guns that have not been built to take them reliably, certainly not without doing significant research first.

This thread Title is also misleading, as in your case it is gunsmith work and poor complaint handling that is the problem, not straight sales, which is the major part of their business

You are wrong on 2 points.. Let me explain

1. I'm not the righteous crusader I'm just a normal guy standing up for myself and informing as many people as I can of my bad experience so in hope they don't have to go through what I did.

2. I paid £58 to Airsoft Armoury for work completed have invoice to prove it, so they are responsible for the work that there engineer puts good or in my case very bad..

I'd like to throw my hat in regarding comments made regarding customer service via the telephone. Never should a person be told, what the op has been told by a company, owner or not. You do that after they've hung up (To let off steam, not implying the op should, put an aeg up his rear exit).

I have worked for mail order catalogues and also helpdesk (blackberry support and mobile support). After a phone converstion, when the customer has been very angry about something, that is when you vent your anger (Not on the phone). You see, you have to look at this conversation as if it was face to face. I'm pretty sure, no one in here would want to be told that in person (Shove it up your rear end exit).

Telephones are used as a bullying tool, because you can be incharge (By threatening to put the phone down etc). I know of another thread on here, that people have moaned about the general public being nasty to them, when they where doing thier job. As such, have then gone on in great detail about how the customer, was in the wrong etc.

Of course, there are excemptions to the rule "The customer is always right", but I think in this case the customer had put faith (Maybe blind faith) into a retailer to set-up his aeg to his described liking. If the description was not actuarte enough, am pretty sure the retailer could have emailed the client and asked for clarification, before carrying out the amendments/modifications/repairs.

Edit:- I would like to point out, that between 2005-2006, I purchased three ages and one springer from Airsoft Armoury wihtout incident, but that is ordering, not tech support.

Please read lesson 2 again, and then consider whether this invalidates the specific warranties AA offer on gun repairs.

Your thread title is saying to people, do not buy from AA. Your grievance is not with AA as a vendor.

YES you got it I do recommend you shop anywhere EXCEPT Airsoft Armoury , and yes my grievance is with the shop owner and the poor level of customer service I have received

really it is quite simpleblink.gif

YES you got it I do recommend you shop anywhere EXCEPT Airsoft Armoury , and yes my grievance is with the shop owner and the poor level of customer service I have received

really it is quite simpleblink.gif

Actually you don't get what he's saying. He's saying your title is misleading... it's about the retail side of the shop, where you're actually complaining about the REPAIR service.

Actually you don't get what he's saying. He's saying your title is misleading... it's about the retail side of the shop, where you're actually complaining about the REPAIR service.

I'm also complaining about the way the owner of the shop spoke to me "Remember I was a customer" .. So yes I now advise people "DO NOT BUY FROM AIRSOFT ARMOURY" due to the way the owner talks to his customers...

Do you understand know? wide-eyed.gif

Exactly.

I personally wouldn't use AA for repairs anyway, and that's prior to this thread.

I have bought from them before, and probably will again, as they can be handy for certain things. Nothing you have experienced effects this relationship.

If I saw this thread as the owner of AA, I'd consider legal action.

Do you understand know? wide-eyed.gif

Yeah I understand what you THINK you're telling me, but what you're ACTUALLY doing is that you're telling people not to buy from a retailer when you've had bad service from a different part of the company :P

It's like me telling people to boycott the co-operative supermarket when the co-operative funeral services have used my dead auntie as a coffee table. Same company, different areas, different service.

Exactly.

If I saw this thread as the owner of AA, I'd consider legal action.

Legal action for what?? Just because I've come out and told the truth about a conversation that was had between a customer and the owner of a shop..

and now It's in my opinion that you shouldn't buy anything from Airsoft Armoury..

Don't we still have the freedom of speech in our beautiful country..

I would happily stand up in court and state that all my claims are true .. no problem at all with that..

The thing is when you tell the truth, it's a lot easier to get the story straight then telling a lie..

Moderator ... I also agree can you close this post as I think it's run it's course..

THANKS for the inputs for and against .... just wanted to let people know what I experienced from Airsoft Armoury..

Out!

Tbh it sounds like their might have been more to the conversation you had with the owner to bring it to the level of "stick yore gun up youre *albartroth*". Its not just something thats stuck into a civil conversation.

The thread is a little pointless as you main argument is, someone told ya to stick it up yore hole. as far as i can see they did the work ya wanted them to, snipped the spring to give you the fps you asked for, with the parts you gave them and then you demanded 58 quid back from them because you put your faith in a KWA piston on 11.1v lipo (and possibly a high speed motor to make things even more interesting). You gun was set to fail straight out of the box with that battery realistically. I'd assume the convo your complaining about was a result of you demanding money from them after you broke your gun, no?

ps, i don't mean to be harsh at all, but your appealing to a lot of potential customers of theirs not to buy from them again, and for a reason that seems from an outside point of view at least, to have been a problem you caused yourself. He shouldnt have said what he said to ya, but who can condemn yet him without knowing what you said to him too?

Don't we still have the freedom of speech in our beautiful country..

'Freedom of Speech' only protects you from the Government attempting to curb your words, not companies or individuals. Libel and slander laws still apply.

Thread locked at OP's request.

Archived