"DO NOT BUY FROM AIRSOFT ARMOURY"

Rolfy

As I said before you need to hear both sides of the story before you can make an informed decision. The impression given by Rolfy is that he was not at fault for the failure of the AEG. I suggest to you that using an 11.1 lipo with a Systema turbo motor with what in effect is an M100 spring is asking for a piston failure. He says that its funny that despite the owner being out to lunch he calls him back a few minutes later.

Neither you nor I know what was said between the parties, I doubt that their own recollections now would be entirely correct as to what was said. In the end only those at AA who were involved with dealing with Rolfy, and Rolfy know the truth of what happened and what was said or what was said to trigger the alleged response from AA's owner. Do not believe that because some irate customer says it happened like this that that is the way it happened. As to whether AA's owner was right to say what he is alleged to have said who knows.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not the case that you took your allegedly pristine AEG into AA with its gearbox in bits in a box? And you supplied the new spring and motor.

Is it not also the case that you were told that the spring you supplied and indeed the power level you initially wanted would have meant that the power level the AEG would have had have been in excess of 380 fps? Because you wanted to use it both here and in the US.

To achieve a higher rate of fire in semi fit a mosfet. You don't need a Turbo motor to achieve that. Using an 11.1 lipo with a Turbo motor and a spring generating only 345fps is just plain stupid.

I would say my connection with AA is purely as a customer but I do believe in getting both sides of a story before making any decision. I do not believe you have been completely honest when making this accusation your lack of clarity and obfuscation lends weight to my belief. Given your battery choice the failure was inevitable at least it was only a stripped piston and not a set of expensive gears.

Given your rant in your first post, if you had behaved like that on the phone to me I'd have also told you something along the same lines.

Boom3r

YES it is correct I took the SR5 in bits to Airsoft Armoury, as I attempted to install the spring and motor but due to time limits and work commitments I couldn't finish the job so I took it to a professional " what a laugh that is "

I cant see why that would make any difference at all to the outcome that I have and by the looks of it MANY OTHER people have, if you don't believe me then please do a forum search and read for your self

So since I didn't know that a Mosfet is what I needed that makes me stupid does it?

why didn't the tech or Airsoft Armoury recommend having a mosfet installed as I did write down what I wanted out of my M4?

when I was at XSite "Andy" asked me "What are you looking for out of your gun"

I explained just the same as I had written down for AA and their engineer

He replied "OK what I recommend is short stroking the sector gear and piston and change the spring"

I replied "OK do it just send me the bill when done"

1 week later calls me "all done I have replaced the used piston we put in to get you going that night, and completed all the other work, and tested"

"how much do I owe you Andy"

"£29.00" was his answer.

"is that all" I replied

"YEP"

Well I've got my M4 SR5 back now and it's perfect! Just as I requested and is rock solid!

That's customer service!

I also own my own limited company and deal with customers everyday, You do dot treat customers the way I was treated..

Buy the sound of it you have some strong ties with AA, do your self a favor and shop somewhere else there is way better shops with better prices and proper customer service..

Carl

Am I the only one confused by this?

No they never asked what battery I use, I never told them it was a 11.1v Lipo

Well he basically said as I'm running a 11.1V Lipo battery that dont matter what gets done to my gun it will brake..

Am I the only one confused by this?

Hi Misfit

Can clear this up!

When AA took on the Job they Never asked me what battery I was using. And I didn't put in the work request notes the battery I was using. "with one phone call they could of asked me"

2. When AA found out I use a 11.1V Lipo is when the statement about "Always braking" was said to me..

Hope this cleared that up..

Carl

This seems to be a discussion that is going to go no where, a double edged sword.

Granted the owner should not have spoken to you this way, under any circumstances. This industry has enough trouble staying afloat without pissing people off.

On the other side off things, I don't have a close relationship with AA but if your wanting work done you tell them every variable that your going to do. It's not good enough to just say they didn't ask. If they didn't ask, you tell them. Unless you like spending money. And I can probably be sure that you told xsite you were running an 11.1v lipo after your previous experience so I would expect a working rifle that is right with the variables you put through it.

I would recommend a MOSFET for what your looking to achieve but as you will be aware, if battery types were discussed this MAY not have happened. Get one as you will fry your trigger contacts in no time with out one.

Just to reiterate, what happened is unfortunate, but there is by no means a right and wrong party in this disagreement. There is negligence on both sides. So please stop screaming about it!

And another +1 to kelo 1 1's statement.

If you asked them to fit your M120 (400fps??) spring and motor and they did that and you wanted 350fps from that spring then can you blame them for cutting it so you didn't need to spend more on another spring? sounds like they were trying to save you a bit of money.

Also if you're running an 11.1v battery without setting the gun up for one then you're just asking for trouble. If you didn't tell AA about that is it really their fault that your piston stripped?

Was it the original KWA piston?

If so I would say the fact that your gun broke down has nothing to do with the airsoft armory lads, but the fact that you believed the KWA "Lipo-gate" conspiracy, and thats only with a standard motor! I rebuilt many of these for people who were duped into thinking they are the strongest thing since hulk hogan but its cráp, the piston will inevitably break on 11.1 lipo, if the shell doesn't first.

The cut spring thing too, it sounds like they did their best to give you the fps you asked for with the parts you gave them, they probably had to do the job twice to get it there, only finding out it was hot after sticking in your then "non snipped" spring. If you think you can take a spring off the shelf and know exactly where its going to put you fps wise, then you are being a little wishful imo. Theres nothing wrong with snipping a spring if its done right. the end needs to be finished off properly and turned in, and this end also needs to be the piston end, otherwise the spring can find itself getting caught around the spring guide.

Sounds like the worst of your experience was the guy being a bit colorful in his choice of language really, that said, ive no experience with the guys, so cant really give my own opinion on their service, although the price seems a little on the heavy side but again, im not even in the same country so dunno if thats the done thing over there.

3. NO never asked what battery I was using "OHHH that's rite that would mean "COMMUNICATING with the customer"

As my dad is so fond of saying, it takes two to tango. Communication works both ways, if you don't tell AA exactly what's in the gun and what extra bits you run it on, you can't really expect them to do a perfect job with it, can you? Like has been said, it just sounds like they were trying to save you a bit of money with what you gave them, which wasn't what they needed to fulfil your expectations, you threw your toys out the pram and the owner told you to stuff it.

Good customer service? Nope.

Slapping down a petulant child? Yep.

Just to reiterate, what happened is unfortunate, but there is by no means a right and wrong party in this disagreement. There is negligence on both sides. So please stop screaming about it!

The wrong party is the Owner of Airsoft Armoury telling me to "shove my gun up my arrse" That is the main issue I have even over the poor work and communication from them!

I was not abusive towards anyone, yeah I was not to pleased with the work that was done, but answer me this WHY did I have to keep calling back to get a responce, why not make the effort to resolve this, for a refund of £58 would of been better for AA then pages and post's of negative feedback of their shop..

My business new customers is solely from referrals from previous work I've done from my current customers, I never have to advertise,

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising but you treat customers the way I was treated at Airsoft Armoury and it spreads like a wild fire..

Also I'm not the only one that has had bad experiences with AA, please do a search and read for your self..

Carl

Slapping down a petulant child? Yep.

You for real mate, just because I'm not letting a retailer get away with treating me like this and taking the time to inform everyone about the experience I had with AA and sticking up for myself I'm now a petulant Child .. "That's pathetic"

"Anyone speaks to me that way when I stood in front of them I guarantee you this they now have a problem on their hands"

Carl

You for real mate, just because I'm not letting a retailer get away with treating me like this and taking the time to inform everyone about the experience I had with AA and sticking up for myself I'm now a petulant Child .. "That's pathetic"

"Anyone speaks to me that way when I stood in front of them I guarantee you this they now have a problem on their hands"

Carl

You did explain that you were the first person to become abusive in your original post.

Less of the insults, Kyrian_Zenda.

Also, I've already told you to use the edit button Rolfy. Stop double posting.

I was thinking of placing an order with AA though after reading this post, not sure what to do now maybe I will phone Land Warrior

Cant be doing with shops that do not value the business from the Airsoft Community

Reading the post again it does seem that AA could have upgraded the gun further and in fact made more profit at the same time

Very poor

I was thinking of placing an order with AA though after reading this post, not sure what to do now maybe I will phone Land Warrior

Cant be doing with shops that do not value the business from the Airsoft Community

Reading the post again it does seem that AA could have upgraded the gun further and in fact made more profit at the same time

Very poor

Your typing style is exactly the same as Rolfy. And this is your first post. And you're doing your utmost to support and reinforce his 'cause'. And you're not basing your dislike of AA on any kind of personal experience or evidence, you're just blindly agreeing.

Just sayin'...

*edit* I didn't mean to +1 the above post, stupid wrong button...

Less of the insults, Kyrian_Zenda.

What, no mention of him threatening me?

He is acting like a petulant child. He also needs to see that he's partly to blame, and to stop going off on one just because someone stood up to his attempts to bully and belittle them.

His IP might not match, but surely joining an airsoft forum, going straight for a specific thread and fervently agreeing with the author of the thread seems a little odd, as well as matching the typing style... Especially within 5 minutes of joining.

Still, besides the point i guess... I'm of the opinion if Rofly had explained everything thoroughly, clearly and in detail to AA, there wouldn't have been any issues. It seems to me like a classic case of 'I want my gun to do this, with these parts, thanks'. I've learnt from experience if you don't tell a retailer EXACTLY what you want out of a gun and what you're going to power it with, you'll end up with something not meeting your requirements.

Think about it - If AA decided to give you a crazy ROF'ing M4, they'd have probably charged 2/3 + hours worth of labour, the price of a new spring, piston, and probably gears, new wiring assembly, MOSFET... If they'd then charged you £200 for all that, you may well have been upset.

Unless you specifically tell a retailer 'Cost is not a concern' in no uncertain terms, they're going to work to a budget to avoid an arguement that could easily arise from them charging you a higher price than you anticipated.

Ok separate to my previous post, although I am not affiliated I will stand up for them on several levels. They have held the shop open for an extra hour before when I was stuck in traffic on the M25. And also gave me good guidance when buying my first AEG.

Ok rolfy, you have had a bad experience with AA, we've heard our side of the story several times now. Please let it go.

Voice of reason signing off.

What, no mention of him threatening me?

He is acting like a petulant child. He also needs to see that he's partly to blame, and to stop going off on one just because someone stood up to his attempts to bully and belittle them.

I read that as more of a reference to the way he was treated over the phone. Now, stop with the insults.

His IP might not match, but surely joining an airsoft forum, going straight for a specific thread and fervently agreeing with the author of the thread seems a little odd, as well as matching the typing style... Especially within 5 minutes of joining.

He lives over 100 miles away.

Let me put you straight - I was reading the forums and saw his post - I have no idea who Rolf is

The fact of the matter is I work in the retail sector and hate the fact that British shops give poor service in fact some do not know what service is

I am looking to add a Pistol to my loadout, I was reading through the forums and saw this post and felt I had to reply ---

The fact of the matter is he had poor service from this retail outlet

Does it matter how many posts I have done before

Still, besides the point i guess... I'm of the opinion if Rofly had explained everything thoroughly, clearly and in detail to AA, there wouldn't have been any issues. It seems to me like a classic case of 'I want my gun to do this, with these parts, thanks'. I've learnt from experience if you don't tell a retailer EXACTLY what you want out of a gun and what you're going to power it with, you'll end up with something not meeting your requirements.

Think about it - If AA decided to give you a crazy ROF'ing M4, they'd have probably charged 2/3 + hours worth of labour, the price of a new spring, piston, and probably gears, new wiring assembly, MOSFET... If they'd then charged you £200 for all that, you may well have been upset.

Unless you specifically tell a retailer 'Cost is not a concern' in no uncertain terms, they're going to work to a budget to avoid an arguement that could easily arise from them charging you a higher price than you anticipated.

The correct procedure is to work out a quote for recommended repairs, contact me the customer with the quote, I either authorize or decline the work.. simple procedure I do it every day for my customers..

I've just counted up the amount spent on significant invoices from Airsoft Armoury - as many as i can find at least.

CA SCAR CQC, KA Tango Down grip, Madbull Black Python barrel + H nub and rubber, TM KAC style VFG, 6 x CA 130 round Midcaps - £500 including fitting of the barrel and grip. Total AA price at the time was £554.93.

WE 1911 MEU + 2 Mags, WE 1911 Tactical + 2 mags = £250, should have been around £274.94

TM M3 S90 + 3 shells = £159.98 (3-4 years ago)

G&P M4A1 Solid Stock, KA Delta Force silencer, 2 x TM 300 Hicaps = £299.97, with a large 8.4 2200MaH Battery thrown in for free, and AA keeping the store open an extra 15 minutes on a Saturday due to traffic and the distance i had to travel to get there.

All of those purchases were made in store - Staff were friendly and helpful and overall a great laugh every single time. I've also purchased several small bits and bobs online or over the phone and never once had a problem.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear you had a bad experience with AA, i really am - But every single retailer i know has f*cked up once in a while - Without hearing the exact conversations between you and AA in all of their entirity, it's difficult to say who's wrong or who's right - You're obviously ticked off at AA, but only hearing one side of the story, i'm not going to stop using a retailer i've always had positive experiences with.

Archived