Fallout: New Vegas

bankz5152

The weathered 10mm w/ silencer isn't actually that hard to get...sorry ;) just need to be over lvl 20 I believe, and the silencer pops up for sale.

As for Boones comment he's still in your party, just not with you, and when you take him to "the fort" you are taking boone there to do one thing, kill legion.

You kinda have to look for the snow globes, I'll give you a hint, the first one is near the place you got a massive headache.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That pic is me with the silenced weathered 10mm equipped. By the looks of things they didn't put a weapon model in the game for it.

With the snow globes I meant are there any inside Lucky 38. I've had a run around Mr. House's room and I've not noticed any.

That pic is me with the silenced weathered 10mm equipped. By the looks of things they didn't put a weapon model in the game for it.

With the snow globes I meant are there any inside Lucky 38. I've had a run around Mr. House's room and I've not noticed any.

Huh I didn't get that bug when I equipped mine....

Snow globes int eh lucky 38... I never saw any...

I was a little annoyed to hear that the game ends; I guess I should have saved the game more instead of just quicksaving all the time. Plus, I want to play with the C-finder but it doesn't seem to work even though I did enable the orbital gun; I'll probably have to start a whole new game just to try it unless it can be fixed in the console.

Speaking of orbital guns, it seems really odd that all you have to do is run a few errands for the NCR and they forgive me for nuking them.

When you talk to Mr. House's girlfriend you ask "what's up with all the snowglobes'; but I didn't see any at his place either.

Plus, I want to play with the C-finder but it doesn't seem to work even though I did enable the orbital gun; I'll probably have to start a whole new game just to try it unless it can be fixed in the console.

I have the same problem, I don't know why it's not usable since I activated ARCHIMEDES.

Having a glitch at the moment concerning the Brotherhood of Steel.

I did the 'Still in the Dark' quest, and chose to help Head Paladin Hardin oust Elder McNamara.

Now, whenever I go there to get a quest to join the BoS, they both tell me to wait, as they're in the middle of proceedings to see who will be the new Elder.

Unfortunately, I just got the NCR quest from Col. Moore to eradicate the BoS as a threat, which I assume means activating their Self-Destruct Sequence (seriously, if you had a self-destruct sequence, would you label the terminal that activates it the 'Self-Destruct Terminal'?!).

So I've waited a week of game time, and they still won't talk to me - it's probably glitched, according to The Vault (Fallout: Wikia).

What to do, what to do...

Ben.

You *can* just kill everyone inside instead of destroying the bunkers, that way you can go back and loot items from the dead bodies, and occasionally you will see patrols in the area if you don't blow the bunker.

I was ###### at that, no matter what you do you have to kill teh BoS to complete the game....utter ######.

as for the glitch well try waiting more time, I thought you had to wait 9 days.... sucks if you can't get power armor, but the NCR salvaged armor is available if you don't learn how to use regular power armor.

Are the BoS the only faction in New Vegas who can teach you to wear power armour then, do you reckon?

Ben.

The Followers can train you too.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Armor_Training

I found another glitch with the Brotherhood.

If you give them Ed-E to upgrade you loose his inventory and seeing as he was my pack bot carrying my spare guns and armour that was slightly annoying. Especially as my last manual save was just as I entered their bunker.

Spent 5 hours yesterday on the game, and ran into another quest bug... Will it never end!?

It seems to be the biggest problem, the quests are bugged a lot. Part of is beginning to think they should start anew with the next Fallout game as the engine is getting on everyone's nerves. I have a 3.0GHz quadcore with 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800 Ultra and a fast SSD drive: the game still jerks and pauses like an old woman, at any detail level. The engine has been faila big FAIL from the beginning, like most AGM M4A1 GBBR's :)

about the engine, it seams that they are developing a new elder scrolls game, just being VERY hush about it. i believe they are making a new engine for it. its just that, up until now, they have been working on projects we all know about.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished it.

Never had any real trouble with bugs or glitches. The only thing that comes to mind is Rex; once I told him to go away, he was simply lost. The other characters were fine though.

Still having mixed opinions. On the other hand, it definately gave fun for the 50 hours of a first playthrough and was well worth the money. I can't still but think that the game felt like a "game", I never got sucked into the game world, like I did on Fallout 3. There were no moving moments, the pinnacles moments were mainly humoristic ones. I didn't get attached to any of the characters and I didn't really care which faction won in the end.

But then, I might just be spoiled by Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2. :P

i traded mine in today after 60 hours play because it corrupted my save file to the point that i could no longer enter the strip. it would without fail crash upon coming through the gate from freeside, i even tried 2 different discs. i had done 60 hours and i hadn't even spoken to mr house yet, i couldnt help exploring everywhere. level 23, 60 hours, 40k caps and its all wasted because of the game cock up. as you can imagine i was pretty gutted, depsite this i will get the game again because it is amazing, but i'll wait hopefully for the GOTY edition or similar. i spent nearly 80 quid buying fallout 3 and its DLC, then they released it all on a disc for 35 quid.

i had quite a few mission glitches, sorry for any spoilers below :

when beating the legion guy up at camp mccarron, something went wrong and the woman interrorgater entered the room while i was still in there with the prisoner. we both left and now she stands outside in the hallway telling me to finish the job, but she wont open the door for me, i even tried to pickpocket her, but she has no key ! so now the guy is sitting there and i cant get the info from him.

settling accounts for cass with the old bid at the crimson caravan. i cant remember what she meant by settling the accounts, but apparantly im supposed to kill her ? except that would rob me of lots of missions. so i dont want to kill her, but i cant get rid of the mission, even after persuading cass to sell the company. cass has run out of dialogue to say, and if i kill the old woman nothing changes.

other than that lots of crashes and odd things like animals stuck in the scenery, even i got stuck in the scenery. i was on a cliff, i fell down and somehow ended up inside a rock that i couldnt get out of, so had to switch the xbox off. also some add animations with your guys arms and gun sometimes, particuarly while crouched and moving.

about the engine, it seams that they are developing a new elder scrolls game, just being VERY hush about it. i believe they are making a new engine for it. its just that, up until now, they have been working on projects we all know about.

i should bloody well hope they're making a new engine. gamebryo's current incarnation has been around a good 5 years and is really showing it's age.

it was never the most reliable engine in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

Just encountered my first major bug! Lost 5 hours of gameplay TWICE!

Spoliers -

Just killed the Omertas bosses and placed the Thermite on all the guns etc... Did all that carried on and played for 4 hours ranked up 2 levels, did loads of quests bought a lot of upgrades for guns then I accidently saved over another save and *fruitcage*ed it up.

So started again from killing the bosses. Just played for another 6 hours finished the BOS quests and was on the final one up black mountain got all the way up, game froze during a save reloaded and I get the message -

'Some of the DLC is no longer available, continue with load anyway'

I click 'yes;

This is what i get -

'The selected save device if no longer available load is cancelled'

WTF!!!

I can only load a save from 5 hours ago!! Wont load any thing above that!!!

So *fruitcage*ed off, wouldnt mind too much if it was once but its twice!!

Now im backing up everyday on a USB just to make sure.

Archived