Benelli M1014

Schaap

The included drawing is modeled after the original shell door without any modifications. As I said, it could be a little off, due to the "complex" shape of the part and the limited amount of measuring tools I have. I milled the nub off my shell door and made some inserts for it. Problem was, space if very limited and I had to make it longer to attach it with a screw (from the outside, threaded in the insert), which caused shells not to eject. After a little filing on the inserts, shell ejection was very reliable and strong, but the inserts are tiny. I've got another concept with bigger inserts that are identical to the original nub. I'll post it sooner or later.

What material did you print the door in?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That "Strong" plastic Shapeways has. I thought it would be great, because you can adjust dimensions more easily then in metal. And it's cheaper :) I thought about an idea similar to yours, however I don't have tools to do that, and lets say I would like something more elegant than a screw fix :D Or more easy to manufacture.

But ofc I may have to do a screw fix, if all else fails...

There is a way to reduce the wear on the shell ejector which is to fit a fine O ring around the brass base of the shell. This has the effect of cushioning the ejector nub but still allows for the shell to be ejected. Worked fine on mine as I have virtually no visible wear on the ejector nub after a fair few hundred rounds through it. My shell loader failed before the ejector nub.

There's a thread about how to repair a worn ejector nub here : http://www.airsoft-barracks.com/forums/topic/14752-problem-solving-guide-for-the-maruzen-m1100/

Apologies if I'm not allowed to post links to other forums.

In my case, fitting an O-ring didnt make any difference whatsoever to the mechanism. It works almost flawlessly on 134a (and simililar) gas, doesn't work at all on green gas. When I've tried to fit more then 1 O-ring, the gun didn't work at all, the second oring was blocking the shell ejector-door almost everytime it tried to cycle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, I don't know how common this problem is, but I think ive seen it a few times, but if the arms are broken off of your bolt cover, I have repaired mine in a way that has proven reliable, if any1 cares, i can post the solution...

• 4 weeks later...

In my 2+ years of skirmishing with my M1100's and M870's, I've never ever used a shell catcher, and I've probably only lost about 5 shells or less.

Most of this comes from playing at an indoor field, but if you play it safe its really not an issue. Certainly not as run-and-gun as an AEG, but a simple change and tactics will accomplish the issue.

personally, I do all of 3 things depending on circumstances, in a hot firefight I just shoot and go, come back later, if im in a peek a boo battle, 1 shot, into cover, eject into my hand and stow (only works with the 870, not the 1100), go again, or i just fire, and then after the engagement is over I collect all the shells in the area then move on

also its unlikely that they can get damaged too badly, theyre just plastic tubes with a little brass rim on hte back and theyre pretty tough

Yeah, while a few of my shells have been cracked after being stepped on (on concrete) most either take it, or slide out of the way.

My tactics are pretty similar to TnL's, when firing I generally stay in one area and pick up shells when it calm, but most of the time I merely wait until I've been shot and pick them up on the way back to the respawn.

I've been designing a mech for a shotgun with the following specs

3 or 5 BBs.

using TM "shell" magazines.

using external gas.

True semi auto. GSBB, (Gas SemiBlowBack) meaning its a GBB mech, but with no weight in the bolt so you don't feal any recoil = best of NBB with a light trigger.

Some sort of "saftey bolt stop" so that if it dosen't feed a full load it dosen't fire. Solving the problem of the last shot putting holes in people.

Once I've got the internals sorted, ill start a company and all the other things we do in dreams tongue.gif.

So, how close are you to this late 2010 idea? I'll take one :D

Very interesting, thank you for the responses. I hope to buy from this man, have been research on these shotguns for awhile now and it just seems like the internals are pretty weak and cannot handle abuse so I'm glad I found this thread. Only thing I wish not to do is the HPA tapping. I'll have to save up money so I can purchase a set of internals! ^__^

Only thing I wish not to do is the HPA tapping.

I was a little skeptical about this at first, but when you want the skeleton stock, this is the only viable option. The grip gas reservoir found in the M1100 Revision simply does not provide enough capacity if you plan on skirmishing with it.  My M1014 receiver should fit a full stock without problems, allowing a larger gas tank.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived