Just out of curiosity has there been any notion of the possibility for WE to make a STANAG mag well conversion for the newer open bolt STANAG mags?, would be nice to buy one set of mags for this and any other open bolt weapons coming out.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as promised, high quality pics of my fullsized G36 with long inner barrel!   It now shoots 470-500 fps. I had a max of even 517 fps and I shoot it in my attic while its wintertime in Belgium right n

I suggest you simply buy another mag, and salvage the part. Airsoft buddy sells replacement at ridiculous price     Airsoft Buddy, RA-Tech trigger complete set are $90+shipping fyi.

To start with, you need to go from this: To this: Use something to rotate this thing (I used the pliers end of a multi tool.) towards me in this picture is loosening. When you reassemble, make sur

Posted Images

Ahhh, formerly known as infamous part #66.

Its the valve locker, a common part that fails.

RA-tech do a steel replacement, best to replace the valve knocker at the same time though.

So its important? lol damn.

Any other parts I should replace? Valve Knocker and Part '#66'?

Its had 10,000 rounds through it now since Dec :D Still going quite strong.

I'd imagine so, but you'd probably want to modify your mags. G36s mags are not....hmm what's the word...slim? Smooth? They're bulky, and have lots of edges sticking out. Those edges would probably make it difficult to get a mag in and out of pouches like those, which are form fitting. Check out this post, you might want to do something like that with your mags to make them fit better

Edited by Seraphim989

Just got my G36K - RAS and have a few things to say and a few things to ask.

First I have to say that the build and recoil are fantastic...

But a bunch a disappointments and questions. I slapped on an Ares/Star dual optic on it and the recoil managed to shake the reticle lens askew. I put it back and took it off and have to wonder if this only happened to me or if that's common. I tried sighting it in today (with the stock irons) and got the side to side adjustment just fine, but no matter what I do it seems to fire way above my iron sights, anyone know why that is? I've only fired it in my backyard to maybe 25', is it meant for much longer distances? The mag also leaks a little, is there a fix? As for re-lubing it, will silicone oil work fine? or do I need something else? Lithium grease maybe?

And once again, anyone know of good typical scoped G36 carry handles that work well with this? I have an Ares/Star dual optic and a Classic Army carry handle sitting around. Thanks in advance, I looked in this topic for answers to all these and only found hints.

J

But a bunch a disappointments and questions. I slapped on an Ares/Star dual optic on it and the recoil managed to shake the reticle lens askew. I put it back and took it off and have to wonder if this only happened to me or if that's common.

Read the pages, people have been saying that for a long time. The recoil is too strong for it

no matter what I do it seems to fire way above my iron sights, anyone know why that is? I've only fired it in my backyard to maybe 25', is it meant for much longer distances?

Once again, read the thread,

Replace the hop up nub. It will over hop for a lot of users apparently

And once again, anyone know of good typical scoped G36 carry handles that work well with this?

Hensoldt G36 sight will work for sure...cost around $350-$600 depending on model.

• Like 1

I have aquired one fo these recently and am pretty happy with it, little bit of outer barrel wobble but other than that the gun is solid and very nicely constructed.

The mags are a different story however, stupid shape (not we's fault), the three part body is just asking for leaks. One of my mags has developed a leak from the top valve, I think an o-ring has failed but assuming I can't fix it with a repacement does anyone know where I could source a replacement valve from? Will the SCAR valves fit?

Well I think your very wrong about the mags there. The three chamber design is amazing and ingenious which ends in zero cool down effect even in cold weather.

Either way I stripped mine down silicone greased theme and rebuilt tightening the screw. Got 6 mags with ZERO leaks except for the fill valves which are pants and I replaced with Madbull reinforced steel ones which are excellent.

When you say valve which valve do you mean? Fill valve or the other valve? It shouldn't be leaking from 'release valve' if it is then take it out have a look and see if there is anything obstructing the Oring and weather the spring working properly.

I think the SCAR release valves are smaller than the G36 ones.