Was I sold a G&P clone?

AG1212

Last week I was sold a supposed G&P scope from a local retailer but Im skeptical. First of all the logo on the box is that of a lion with the logo "Sun Power System". Also my scope only has two brightness setting for both R/G and the dot itself has significant flaring. Non of these are characteristics of scopes I have seen or read about.

So was I sold a G&P clone or are G&P scopes really that bad?

The G&P Aimpoint I had was decent, but not real-steel grade. I don't remember how it was with flaring but it was bright enough for outdoors play.

As for the logo, that is G&P's (weird as hell) logo. Its come with every G&P part I've ordered. (four GBB mags, loading nozzle, bolt carrier, etc)

Last week I was sold a supposed G&P scope from a local retailer but Im skeptical.

Which retailer? - There is a particular retailer that I know would serious stretch the truth (including claiming the TM MP5K came with *plastic* gears)

Pretty much every single G&P product I've ever bought, from full guns down to a single rail cover (totalling close to 50 individual items), has had the Lion logo with 'Sun Power Systems' written on it. The other characteristics I couldn't comment on, but if the box was sealed from the factory then I wouldn't imagine you've been conned.

Sounds like a lemon to me... G&P definitely use the 'Sun power systems' logo on most everything they sell. G&P Aimpoints should have 5 brightness settings for each, with a nice clear dot.

However, like every single airsoft company - They make stuff badly sometimes. It sucks, but hey, that's airsoft. If you're not happy, return it to the retailer and ask for another one.

Thanks for clearing that up. I contacted the retailer when I though it was a clone, the basically assured me that it was in fact G&P and apparently all the aimpoints they sell only have 2 settings?? The flaring isn't too bad out doors but still a bit annoying.

I would say it is par for the course. I have about 2 years worth of G&P boxes and "blister packs" and only one of them says anything about Sun Powered Systems with the Lion wearing glasses, yadi yadi yah. Most where purchased through Ehobby Asia though including the one with the sticker on it.

My G&P ACOG, M203, and front set that I bought for my M4 last year all had the lion sticker on it. No need to worry about that :).

I would still contact the company and tell them that you are worried about the 2 levels of brightness... Even on G&P clone Aimpoints that I have owned they had 5 levels of brightness.

@Shift

The difference is minimal but noticeable, you would only use it to limit flaring but not by much unfortunately.

On the retailers website it is stated as having 2 settings and I wish I noticed that before purchasing. I probably won't get my money back but hopefully I'll convince them to stop selling aimpoints with 2 settings and get the 'real' deal with 5 settings.

Archived