Stoner is finally coming

Agent47

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping it can be switched from right-hand feed to left-hand feed and use M4 magazines (I know the stoner used it's own steel mags, but the M4 STANAG is the closest airsoft analogue).

Still, *fruitcage* WANT.

The top cover is one piece and not reversible. They would have to release a different top cover to swap out. I am sorta curious why they went with the left feed instead of the right. As I recall Stoner didn't make many left feeds. Infact I believe they were only done in limited quantities at the request of the USMC unit who had some left handed users that had difficulty operating the mechanism with their off hand.

The top cover is one piece and not reversible. They would have to release a different top cover to swap out. I am sorta curious why they went with the left feed instead of the right. As I recall Stoner didn't make many left feeds. Infact I believe they were only done in limited quantities at the request of the USMC unit who had some left handed users that had difficulty operating the mechanism with their off hand.

Dude! Do your research instead of saying things that are just wrong... :waggle:

Early weapons had left-side feed, which sometimes caused jams because ejected shells reflected back into ejection window. Late production light machine guns had right-side feed which eliminated this problem.

Anyhow, I've just received my .223 ammo belts, so come on G&P, make me a Stoner!!!

Dude! Do your research instead of saying things that are just wrong... :waggle:

Anyhow, I've just received my .223 ammo belts, so come on G&P, make me a Stoner!!!

...? Um if you take a look at G&P's design there is no way for the top cover to be switched. If you have somehow managed to magically change the properties of metal without cutting and welding tools then I submit I am wrong. But please explain how you intend to swap that top cover.

What was I wrong on? Usually when you make a rude comment about people being wrong you include what they had a made a mistake on, not just make a rude comment for the sake of being a jerk.

Well I did make a mistake and accidently swapped the sides. I meant that I was curious why the went with a right feed instead of a left. That Stoner only made a limited number of right feeds. Was this it? You were being a jerk because I got the directions backwards?

I was wrong in one aspect, the feed direction was changed after they had jamming issues with the 63A. As stated here:

Early weapons had left-side feed, which sometimes caused jams because ejected shells reflected back into ejection window. Late production light machine guns had right-side feed which eliminated this problem. Early belt-fed LMG's were issued with 100-round box or 150-round drum belt containers. Late production LMG's with right-side feed were issued only with 100-round box containers, made from plastic.

This was a long, useful, informative post related to the topic at hand, but the forum made it dissapear and i cba to type it all again, so to summarise;

G&P V2 Gearbox is perfectly fine unless you want silly RoF, high FPS or immensely long bursts of fire.

I want one.

I hope they release the Car-15 first, though.

I'll find a way to magpul it to annoy people.

I know it's common knowledge that the V2 shell is the most prone to cracking but, if a gearbox shell is going to break at 50,000 rounds, what does it matter if you fire 10K rounds a skirmish and have it break after 10 months (5k rounds a skirmish) or break it after one weekender hosing the place down? I know the latter is ultimately more disappointing due to the gun apparently breaking sooner but it's just a case of reaching the endurance limits of the materials used...at a moderate FPS and ROF I can't see a V2 shell being a problem even with extended suppression tactics ie covering the face of building with multiple windows.

Can't help wondering if the front site base/gas block can be removed and an M249 bipod slipped onto the gas tube - I don't share any historical affinity for this particular gun but I like the overall look of it as a support gun for airsofting with and one of the things that I'd want from it is the ability to affix a bipod.

Anyhow, I want one.

No, the V2 sucks because the Floating Motor design and internal wiring.

There should be a real bipod for these. It was field tested by Marines pre/early Nam and was not chosen because it was highly complex. I cant imagine jarheads not having a bipod on a belt feld. Most of the pictoral evidence of the gun is from Seal teams, none showing a bipod(that i can recall at least).

Not saying you are going to be able to find one, but that your intuition is correct

Stoner63lmg-2.jpg

this is the proprietary bipod for the Stoner, I don't think it's an option to get it original :)

But I don't think it would be to difficult to use a normal M16A1 bipod,

with some luck it could fit straight away

My bud has a A1 bipod at home, He's also ordering a Stoner, so I'll ask him to give it a try

Here is the version KM released back around '97.

M63toy.jpg

mgs63.jpg

The Stoner 63 weapon system is another Eugene Stoner's design. The Stoner 63 is not just a weapon, it is a weapon system that consists of several common assembly and parts. The user may pick and choose different parts combination to make an assult rifle, a assault carbine, a belt fed LMG, a box mag LMG, a medium MG, and a mounted MG. Like the M16 it uses the 5.56mm cartridge. It needed meticulus cleaned or it would not work in the field so the Stoner 63 was only used by the SEAL teams (who anally cleaned their weapons) during the Vietnam police action and was not adopted by other armies since.

The Airsoft version is a 800 units limited edition custom made AEG made by KM. The receiver,outer barrels and other parts that are metal on the real steel are also metal in the airsoft version. The KM Stoner M63A1 uses an origional KM designed electric unit. I assume this means the mech box, gears, and piston are not based on the Marui design. It uses the Marui EG700 motor and needs 2 AK batteries to power the gun. What makes this gun unique besides being a Stoner is the magazine system. It's a 1200 round bb magazine hidden inside a soft plastic 200 rd ammo box that is powered by another EG700 motor and a mini-battery. Yes, a motor fed 1200 round magazine system. The gun is a little under 1 meter long, 200 mm tall and weights 3.35kg.

I do have my concerns about a V2 box in a support weapon but if I wanted practicality then I don't think I'd be looking at a Stoner 63

I hope they release the Car-15 first, though.

I'll find a way to magpul it to annoy people.

*wipes a tear from his eye*

God bless you sir.

:P

I do have my concerns about a V2 box in a support weapon but if I wanted practicality then I don't think I'd be looking at a Stoner 63

*wipes a tear from his eye*

God bless you sir.

:P

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one who thinks the G&P 8mm V2 in this gun is a good thing. I'm perfectly confident, going on a huge, massive pile of first hand experience, that the G&P V2 will spit out 200 round bursts at 350FPS and 1000RPM for well into 100,000 rounds, and almost certainly more than that without mechanical failure. Might need the trigger contacts replaced somewhere after 100,000 rounds or so, but that's no big deal and nothing a 'fet can't fix. Having seen a G&P M733 box (the older, not quite as good 7mm version) last 180,000 rounds before the contacts finally burned out having no detectable wear on the mechanical parts, i'm eagerly awaiting this thing.

And i meant Magpul the Stoner, not the Car-15, even i couldn't do that :P

No you are not the only one that thinks the V2 is a good idea :D , they are *fruitcage* great.

I think every word you wrote is spot on, especially on the durability, a lot of the anti V2 movement has been started by people who were asking something of a gearbox, that couldn't deliver what they were asking. so they trashed it.

You must know the limits of every V gearbox design and you should be fine

The stoner wasn't in concept developed like a pure support weapon, it was more like a big M16 that was beltfed,

The SEALs used it, like it should have been, in short quick bursts, hitting hard, with a lot of lead on target,

Ok sometimes they used it to give covering fire, but that wasn't the set-up from the get go.

And they didn't use it that way

I think that when you have a historically replicated AEG, then you should play with it historically

at least that's my opinion :)

We regularly play games, where we , at most, shoot off 7 or 8 TM lowcaps, during a whole day

An I also cringe when you have pics of reenactors or historic airsofters, that pose tactical with their buttstock high up, all tactical

but that's a personal rant :P

Archived