TM DE.50 to CO2, possible?

swatti

I allways dreamed about a DE with metal parts, finaly i had a chance to get one and i took it. Old beaten up TM DE, barely held together. Cant say the price was bad at 20€ and a set of Guarder gen1 metal parts did the trick.

The gun holds together, but the loading nozzle is busted, its on my shopping list, but what ive seen from stock TM DE's and several other TM models, Green Gas is a big "no no", its also very hard to come by here in Finland and our weather can render GG-using GBB-guns useless in moments. The cycle-rate and kick with "red gas" on a TM de was less then impressive and i doubt mine would even do a full cycle with harder springs, let alone lock the slide back or empty a full mag.

My recent experience with CO2 was with a WE 1911, that thing is a BEAST! No matter how fast you tap shots out, no cooldown, no slowdown and the kick is godlike. Power-wise it was too high so i had to limit the nozzle a bit.

That said, i doubt il ever go back to Green Gas but TM DE is still made for that. So, my question is, what is the easy way to convert it. 12g capsules most likely wont work due to the large capasity of the DE-magazine, so i'd imagine i need a larger bottle like mounted on Paintball-guns and then an adapter to fill up my mags? Is that enough to get CO2 in liquid-form into to the mags? The TM loading nozzle is slightly broken as mentioned, but it should last long enough to get few shots off to see the FPS incase i have to limit the thing a bit. Guarder nozzle should work i presume.

So, has anyone been using their Green Gas mags with CO2, how well did it go etc. I tried google and did some searching but didnt find any solid info. Thus, here i am... Be gentle.

Jeah sure, and if i say i have six mags and i prefer to change and use all of em... No, external source is a no go. Too expensive, too cumbersome, for rifles maybe, but not for handgun used as backup.

Lets put it this way: How do i put CO2 in a greengas mag? What do i need? I'd imagine i could get my hands on a CO2-tank used by paintball guns, can i use that with an adapter of sorts?

EDIT: It seems fairly impossible to search anything related to "GBB" and "CO2" on google without getting 20 pages of GBB rifle-stuff and various shops selling mags for them.

Lets put it this way: How do i put CO2 in a greengas mag? What do i need? I'd imagine i could get my hands on a CO2-tank used by paintball guns, can i use that with an adapter of sorts?

Lets put it this way: You can't.

Use the 12g bulb mags, or use green gas. those are your options.

So i should sell my gun and buy a cheapo junk that is not even as much metal as mine... Right. Please dont answer again.

Ive had two kwc de:s, many friends of mine have had them too. None work, some never did work very well.

Im not asking "if", im asking "how", i know its possible, i just need details and tips.

ok lets put it another way , you want to know if you can put unregulated c02 into a green gas mag?

No. it would blow all its seals or explode.

the working pressure of c02 is far far higher than green , (800 psi > 200 psi roughly)

the 12g mags work because the gas is stored in a solid steel capsule and allowed out in tiny amounts through a "low flow" valve

the external rigs have a regulator which drops the c02 pressure to the same as green gas (propane)

You cannot put c02 into a green gas mag.

Jim

Im not asking "if", im asking "how", i know its possible, i just need details and tips.

You cannot put c02 into a green gas mag.

Lets put it this way: You can't.

Ping on comes the lightbulb.

If you want help then read what others have put first. A TM Desert Eagle CAN'T take C02 bulbs or a C02 rig unless you fashion an entire rig yourself to allow the magazines to be set up to the individual magazines however this will be very expensive and nigh on impossible unless you have the right tools and equipment. I doubt you would want to spend a potential 1000 euro or whatever on getting a C02 system into a gun.

how about selling your "old" DE mags and getting KWC CO2 mags to use them in the TM DE? maybe I said a nonsense but...

#Boom#, cool, hey were did my slide go? As that is what you will be asking unless you uprate the entire guns internals.

'FireKnife'

Here is a tip, don't bother wasting your time trying.

TM mags are designed for low pressure gases (Ie, 134a or Propane), you could fill them with regulated Co2 but as it would be vapour in the mag you'd only get a few shots per fill.

You could fill them with liquid Co2, this will be 800psi+ and there is reasonable chance of it blowing the seals or the mag itself exploding, they are afterall only cast from pot metal. If you managed to fill them without either of those happening it is unlikely the hammer spring will be strong enough to actually release any gas from the mag, you can get that issue in some guns with the Guarder highpower gas/red gas alone and those are nowhere near the pressure of unregulated Co2.

If it doesn't leak, explode or lock the flow valve closed then you'll be releasing gas with a pressure over 6x higher than propane into the gun and that is almost certainly going to damage/break the internals and maybe even the slide.

If you have to run your TM Desert Eagle on Co2 with the standard mags then you have no choice other than an external line, like it or not, that or use KWC mags if they are compatible or wait and see if the ino mags will work with the TM when they get released.

• 9 months later...

Serious necro but.....

How is this not possible?

All you need to do is find a way to inject C02 at a lower regulated pressure into your mags. I presume you just want the advantages of C02 with no cool down and don't want a 5 billion fps pistol, yes?

What about the madbull XC3? It has adjustable outlet pressure surely if you keep within the same psi as green gas it would work.

You dont put airplane fuel in a car.

you could, it would work great

Right. Please dont answer again.

that was rude, im surprised people are still willing to help him

he didn't like the solutions that are posible and still wants to try the imposible even if everybody told him he couldn't

The last time someone asked this, didnt everyone agree that even if the seals didnt explode, the slide would rocket into your face?

CO2 is a bad idea in this gun. You dont put airplane fuel in a car.

If its at the same or slightly higher pressure as green how will it cause harm? I'm not talking about using it at full pressure....look at the vid on last page that looked to be full pressure and didn't blow seals.And jet fuel wouldn't even run a petrol car its nowhere near as flammable, its more like paraffin :)

If its at the same or slightly higher pressure as green how will it cause harm? I'm not talking about using it at full pressure....look at the vid on last page that looked to be full pressure and didn't blow seals.

You can't regulate the pressure of liquid Co2 being charged directly into a magazine down.

You could charge any magazine with Co2 vapour regulated down to the right pressure safely, but with vapor you'll only get a few shots per fill and none of the advantages of Co2, in other words you'd have the definition of 'Pointless' in your hand.

And jet fuel wouldn't even run a petrol car its nowhere near as flammable, its more like paraffin

jet a1 (aka kerosine) will work in diesel engines (the diamond da 40 tdi uses a mercedes A engine and runs on jet a1)

avgas (airplane fuel for small piston powered planes) will work in normal fuel engines

You dont put rocket fuel in a car.

i fixed that for you

it still isn't 100% correct because some rockets use hydrogen and cars can run on hydrogen

but now your point is somewhat more clear

your welcome

and on the entire co2 thing, if you want to use co2 buy a co2 gun

the desert eagle isn't the most usable gun so i find it rather silly to go so far out of your way to be able to use co2

what about instead of modding a kjw mag to fit in a TM DE why not mod your guarder kit to fit your kjw gun (im sure it can be done one way ore the other) and installing the tm barrel and hop up unit should make it just as good

Archived