Banned or not?

DarkLite

it won't really matter if the guns an exact replica of a real steel or not, if it looks like a gun, it'll be banned.

If the police saw someone with an airsoft gun in public and it wasn't a replica of a real steel gun, there could still be trouble...

they wouldn't know if it was real or not, would they?

It depends, really. Some replicas could be reasonably mistaken for real guns, other replicas wouldn't have that problem.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.. This is typical of my luck. Just get into a hobby that is A) outside and B) not computer related and it becomes insta-illegal.

I guess it also means that twigs in the woods you find with a Y branch in the middle making it look like a pistol grip will be illegal too. Gonna have to hire a lot of wardens to stop criminals covering said twigs in black sacks and giving them access to something that every caaitious pertion will assume is a gun. Giving them the EXACT same effect as if they used a replica.

At least it's nice to know that if you DO see a firearm it will probably be real and you'll have teh same options you had before.

Except airsoft guns aren't toys. Wheres the little CE stamp?

There is no yes or no answer at the moment, its all speculation.

Although bbc went into wolf armouries and they said this would be very bad news to airsoft, and also check the news post on this site.

But according to the bill, the making of them will also be illegal, so you wont be able to buy the parts.

Either way this has to be the most worrying news for airsoft in the UK.

I realy REALY hate this country. Its ironic the government doing things like this when the same government is so strict about treating minorities fairly.

As a point if we pait our guns bright colours will they still be seen as replicas.

I wont mind if they introduce an orange tip system like in america.

Oh yea and the problem with using unrealistic looking guns is that very few are made and as it will be illeagle to buy or make them youd have to do all the work yourself.

TO every Person who voted for the Labour party:

*clears throat*

You.

Stupid.

Goat.

Buggering.

Donkey.

Licking.

Monkey.

Brained.

Smacktards.

[/speech]

Oh yea and the problem with using unrealistic looking guns is that very few are made and as it will be illeagle to buy or make them youd have to do all the work yourself.

It's possible that the loss of sales in the UK would motivate at least a few companies to begin producing 'acceptable' models (then again, maybe not. I obviously can't say for certain). Also, I think it's okay to buy or make replica guns that don't look like real guns, as they're not 'realistic'.

It's possible that the loss of sales in the UK would motivate at least a few companies to begin producing 'acceptable' models (then again, maybe not. I obviously can't say for certain). Also, I think it's okay to buy or make  replica guns that don't look like real guns, as they're not 'realistic'.

The point of airsoft being...?

The fact that 95% of airsoft players play airsoft because they look more realistic than paintball guns, and because airsoft was basically invented to circumvent a real-steel ban in the first place.

TO every Person who voted for the Labour party:

*clears throat*

You.

Stupid.

Goat.

Buggering.

Donkey.

Licking.

Monkey.

Brained.

Smacktards.

Stop looking at me like that..

Do you really think that i'd vote labour.. Forced labour more like..

*hugs his M15*

It's mine, and I'm not handing it over for love, money, or Virgin Megastore vouchers for free CDs... :rolleyes:

Haha, here here! No one's taking my SR16 or any of my accessories! And I'm buying my G36c and AIMPOINT right NOW while I still can! lol.

And yeah, the whole point is they look realistic, that's half the fun. Also another thing to remember is the post about a lot of the airsoft community being HM forces of some sort. If all of you could write a letter explaining the fact you find it harmless etc it'd help a great deal. I suggest a thread is posted that ONLY has people's letters, so we have some sort of archive of all materials used. Just a thought though, may have already been touched on.

Archived