First look at the H.K 3Px4 GBB

I have skirmished mine a couple of times now and am quite pleased with the performance. The only issue is that one of my 3 mags is releasing too much gas per shot. I assume it is some issue with the relase valve, but haven't had a chance to look into it.

Edited by Jibbity
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=special&item=HK3P-PS-PX4BK&search=special&rs=New%20Release&catid=&cat=   wgc has it for 83 US , in case anyone

Bell 1911 might be discontinued but Tercel 1911 certainly is not, There was last year some Bell stock re-surfaced as i think some wholesalers in china still have some old stock left, but Tercel is ali

Easy, just mask or dissasemble the lower frame and use some OD spray. Looks the nuts on mine, I just don't have a picture handy on my photobucket.

Posted Images

I accidentally bought one of these today, in that I didn't have a pistol and one was for sale at my site. I figured I could shift it and lose a tenner if necessary - I used to have a pair of the TM version, which I loved, but the expensive metal slide and lack of custom parts put me off. Anyhoo, cost me £100, and I got more kills with it today than my M4, which was pretty awesome. Honestly, assuming nothing breaks, it's better than the TM. Just as tight, just as nice build quality, all the parts fit perfectly together, and the controls are notieably more positive. I dunno who these HK people are, but they've definitely done a winner. I was getting 50~ full powered shots from the stock mag in 23 degrees celsius or so today, which was also pretty awesome.

Only minor thing is the hop rubber seems to have a less pronounced bump, so even though the leaf spring is fine, it's not quite launching a .3 - However, for a $10 or less replacement part, this thing is properly epic. I'm still likely to sell it if I end up running out of money again, but I'm going to try very hard not to.

Only minor thing is the hop rubber seems to have a less pronounced bump, so even though the leaf spring is fine, it's not quite launching a .3

Interesting, mine will overhop 0.3s right out of the box,wonder if they are using a different bucking or something.

I accidentally bought one of these today

Accidents are just waiting to happen in airsoft....though for you it seems to have been a good one? :P

Does your PX4 box look like mine, with the blueish box? If so, then it's probably their second batch of PX4s. My friend who owned a Gen1 told me his trigger spring broke, so yeah, I think that's the only weak part in the TM and clone PX4s, as I've read that the TM one does the same.

Anyway now you know why I got like 18 of these for my Uni right? :P For the cost v performance in GBB Pistols the HK3P still holds it's own against the other HK3P guns or TM cloners. Don't think that all the HK3P guns are good though, the Glock 17 I own is 'good' but in terms of being a stock gun the PX4 beats it hands down. Same with their other models I think (incl. the newer WE ones) with maybe dimension issues or too much gas puffing out (due to a small piston lip I suspect).

I haven't tested my batch of PX4s with 0.3gs yet (and not planning to, we're not running 0.3g bbs in them for CQB anyway) so perhaps if Jibbity can also let us know what box his PX4 came with, and if it's different from yours hwagan then we might be able to nail down a small 'parts' change of the hop up mold.

That, or you haven't cleaned out the gun yet and it has excessive oil on the hop bucking XD Try cleaning the gun first then test with the 0.3g bbs again :P

Accidents are just waiting to happen in airsoft....though for you it seems to have been a good one? :P

Does your PX4 box look like mine, with the blueish box? If so, then it's probably their second batch of PX4s. My friend who owned a Gen1 told me his trigger spring broke, so yeah, I think that's the only weak part in the TM and clone PX4s, as I've read that the TM one does the same.

Anyway now you know why I got like 18 of these for my Uni right? :P For the cost v performance in GBB Pistols the HK3P still holds it's own against the other HK3P guns or TM cloners. Don't think that all the HK3P guns are good though, the Glock 17 I own is 'good' but in terms of being a stock gun the PX4 beats it hands down. Same with their other models I think (incl. the newer WE ones) with maybe dimension issues or too much gas puffing out (due to a small piston lip I suspect).

I haven't tested my batch of PX4s with 0.3gs yet (and not planning to, we're not running 0.3g bbs in them for CQB anyway) so perhaps if Jibbity can also let us know what box his PX4 came with, and if it's different from yours hwagan then we might be able to nail down a small 'parts' change of the hop up mold.

That, or you haven't cleaned out the gun yet and it has excessive oil on the hop bucking XD Try cleaning the gun first then test with the 0.3g bbs again :P

Ah, see mine came in a black and grey box with yellow text top and bottom on a picture of the PX4 and the backstraps; My site has had it waiting to be bought for a while now, so it looks like it might be a first gen.

Still - I've done the usual, as soon as I bought it I stripped it down; It's mainly to serve as a stop-gap until my Army 1911 turns up, which I'm intending to rebuild. I cleaned out as much of the stock oil and grease as I could get to, gave the barrel several strips of cloth and a few more on the hop bucking and then re-oiled the moving parts; Still not quite hopping a .3 though! Well, I say that, it does hop a .3, but it doesn't quite give it the flick at the end - I can tell there's another 10 yards in this thing with some hop fiddling. It's absolutely fine with a .2 or .25 though, and I found my TM didn't quite have the oomph for a .3 out of the box either.

My old TM also used to let out the tiniest bit of gas on decocking, which the HK doesn't do. The only minor nuisance I've noticed is a BB likes to bounce out of the stock mag when removing it to check ammunition - Not at all a big deal and can be avoided if removing a loaded mag carefully. For the price I paid and everything else about the gun, who the hell cares about a BB popping out of a mag now and again?

So it looks like I've got a first gen, and even with the not so great bucking and not quite perfect magazine, I'm thoroughly impressed :P

Ah, see mine came in a black and grey box with yellow text top and bottom on a picture of the PX4 and the backstraps; My site has had it waiting to be bought for a while now, so it looks like it might be a first gen.

Still - I've done the usual, as soon as I bought it I stripped it down; It's mainly to serve as a stop-gap until my Army 1911 turns up, which I'm intending to rebuild. I cleaned out as much of the stock oil and grease as I could get to, gave the barrel several strips of cloth and a few more on the hop bucking and then re-oiled the moving parts; Still not quite hopping a .3 though! Well, I say that, it does hop a .3, but it doesn't quite give it the flick at the end - I can tell there's another 10 yards in this thing with some hop fiddling. It's absolutely fine with a .2 or .25 though, and I found my TM didn't quite have the oomph for a .3 out of the box either.

My old TM also used to let out the tiniest bit of gas on decocking, which the HK doesn't do. The only minor nuisance I've noticed is a BB likes to bounce out of the stock mag when removing it to check ammunition - Not at all a big deal and can be avoided if removing a loaded mag carefully. For the price I paid and everything else about the gun, who the hell cares about a BB popping out of a mag now and again?

So it looks like I've got a first gen, and even with the not so great bucking and not quite perfect magazine, I'm thoroughly impressed :P

My box doesn't sound like either one.

Hm, perhaps there's a new box again? O_o Jibbity's box is the Gen1. I haven't seen the one hwagan described, so it might be even the third batches or something, considering they've changed their spare mag packaging again this time.

Anyway, glad the gun didn't disappoint hwagan XD Btw I'm sure you've oiled or greased the slide rails already but add a bit of grease to the outer diameter of the hop up chamber (as the outer barrel turns around the hop chamber there) and the little ditch on the outer barrel that facilitates the barrel rotation. Doing so will reduce or completely remove that small hiccup in racking the slide slowly when the barrel starts turning and the corner of the 'chamber' part of the outer barrel catches against the slide. I've done that to the 18 PX4s I've handled and they run very, very smoothly :D

Also, hwagan the decocker doesn't allow you to chamber a bb with the gun decocked. There was a fix a while back but if you don't do the mod (honestly if you're never going to have the gun decocked when you chamber there's no point in doing the mod :P) then the gun will not return to battery once the slide tries to go back into battery. If you get to this stage I highly suggest you not to try slamming the slide back to battery, it might lead to parts breaking as I suspected earlier in this thread.

Seriously thinking about getting one of these as soon as my bank account stops bleeding... what do you think I should upgrade to get as much potential as possible?

I was thinking about getting one of those Aplus hop buckings promissing 60m torso hits or using a prommy purple bucking I have in my drawer from an old VSR10 project from a long long time :lol: and a 6.03 TBB.

Im sorry Im not posting links, im at my job right now ^_^U

What I remember reading is that the hop-up unit can be a bit finicky. Specifically, getting any after-market brand of bucking to fit in there really well, so you can reassemble the metal parts tightly. What I'm not remembering so well is if this affects the TM and the HK equally, or only just one of them, and which. That being said, I imagine the HK would benefit from installation at least of a stock TM bucking. I'm a big fan of the Nine Ball purple, but I do remember accounts of fitting problems with it.

Back home from work and killing myself in the gym to post the links

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=NB-ACC-IBPX4&search=special&rs=px4&catid=&cat=

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=APLUS-DHP-001&search=special&rs=aplus&catid=&cat=

And a suppresor for that lovely +1 to coolness factor :bleh:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=ACTION-SL-AD03A&search=special&rs=px4&catid=&cat=

Quite standard upgrades or thats what i think just to be sure the tipical ACM issues are solved before they bite me in the albatross midgame

or using a prommy purple bucking I have in my drawer from an old VSR10 project from a long long time :lol: and a 6.03 TBB.

I'm a big fan of the Nine Ball purple, but I do remember accounts of fitting problems with it.

I'd go for the Nine Ball too XD It installed fine in my friend's HK3P PX4 btw :P Or another bucking you can try is the Modify Tan one, that one is designed along the similar vein as the Nine Ball and it's cheaper too. Got a friend in Argentina that said he had exceptional results with it in his WE SCAR :P

I bought those exact things LOL. Should be getting them this week.

LoL! geniuses think alike mate! :lol: hope they give good results

Itinerious: I think I will a try to the Aplus bucking if AZNriptide reports good performance, if im not lucky and my results are cat *suitcase, there is allways time for a change

Thanks for the criticism :)

Or another bucking you can try is the Modify Tan one, that one is designed along the similar vein as the Nine Ball and it's cheaper too. Got a friend in Argentina that said he had exceptional results with it in his WE SCAR :P

Yes! Just fitted this in my most recent build (pictures soon) and it's performing very well. Makes a particularly good seal with the loading nozzle.

Yes! Just fitted this in my most recent build (pictures soon) and it's performing very well. Makes a particularly good seal with the loading nozzle.

XD

Oh and note that it's cheaper than the Nine Ball too! Plus the material is more flexible than the Nine Ball one....I've actually seen a dried up Nine-Ball one before (yes, they can dry up!) and it's was very surprising (you'll see the purple surface have different shades, and mostly it's a light purple when it dries up). The Modify one from what I can tell doesn't have the capability of drying up unless you left it in the Sahara for like a year probably :P

Does anyone know where to get a PX4 hopup arm/lever? I completely snapped mine...T_T

I can ask Armed Forces for you, but expect them to over-price it and tell you (well, me :P) it's gonna cost some 30-40 HKD.

I'll help you ask next week perhaps? They might not have it in stock. In that case I can do a pre-order but they don't even have a true ETA other than 1 month or a bit more. I had to order the spring for the HK3P PX4 that goes under the trigger lever (which lifts the trigger lever up) as one of the Uni PX4s lost the spring (IMO someone stole it since it's not something that'll pop out by itself..but I've got no evidence .__.)>

Anyway, I'll ask (it's convenient for me anyway since I'll be going to Kwong Wah the coming week) and I'll let you know :)

Does anyone know where to get a PX4 hopup arm/lever? I completely snapped mine...T_T

Hey went to Armed Forces Company today and they don't have it...it's out of stock. I asked them how much for it anyway and they said HKD30. So, you're really out of luck for the moment. Restock is probably gonna take a month given that I lost part 29 of the PX4 and they told me I needed to wait a month or more to get a replacement part >___>

Darn...alright I can wait I guess, I don't want to pay $60 for the entire upper :(

At least I know AF has it, I can just tell Noveske to get one for me :)

But here's the thing though, AF will allow you to pre-order a lot of parts but they don't give an ETA on when it'll arrive. They only allow pre-ordering of parts because they are the distributor for HK3P stuff in Hong Kong....whether they can actually get it, I'm not even sure. I'm waiting on part 29 myself, but if I wait a month or two and they still don't have it I think I'll go back and ask for a refund since they can't deliver.

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

Did a test with two of the stock HK3Ps HKU have (thanks to me :P).

Did 5 shots each at 5.2m and 11.5m.

5.2m:

20120910_144047.jpg

CTC were 6 cm (first pistol) and 5.5 cm (second pistol).

11.5m:

20120910_144129.jpg

CTC were 11cm (first pistol) and 11.5 cm (second pistol).

My friend and I shot them kneeling for the 5.2m and sitting for the 11.5m. I'm sure if we shot them prone it'll be better. But at around 20 meters I think the CTC would be near 15cm, so it's still effective if you're aiming dead center at the torso. The gun is stock other than the areas that needed to be greased were greased and the barrel + hop chamber were cleaned just before the shoot.

• 1 month later...