Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was mine, but I sold it on ebay last year. It was originally built from an old cruiser by a guy just getting his custom shop started, with a lot of neat details like channels through the tank for the choke and throttle cables, copper fuel lines, a faux oil tank for the electrics, and a built in motor chain tensioner. I had him make an offset post for an antique saddle I found on Ebay:

downsized_0208011552.jpgIMG_20110225_194423.jpgSDC10505.JPGIMG_20110506_173726.jpg

I added the fenders (with homemade copper and brass stays), rear rack, Felt tires, a Charleston Green paint job, chopped down some (horsey) saddle bags, got shorter cranks, installed a beefier fork, drum front brake (it's no fun stopping from 40 mph with a coaster brake), new levers, a flat bend handlebar, leather grips, new cables, a better carb, faster piston, a ported intake manifold, and an extended expansion chamber exhaust to keep the soot off my shoes (plus it was MUCH quieter).

It's technically only 49ccs if that helps.

Seriously, thats awesome. And sadly i dont think being 49cc would help, however if i had the chance to buy that, i'd be on it in a heartbeat. Legalities or not, i WOULD ride that!

Hell, even if that didnt have a motor i'd ride that. I really like the handle bars. did you make them yourself or are they available to buy?

It's awesome, really awesome. You posted it somewhere here a good while ago iirc? I'm guessing in 'things you purchased'?

Thanks, yeah I think I posted it in the "rides" picture thread.

... I really like the handle bars. did you make them yourself or are they available to buy?

I used these bars: http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/components/handlebars/vo-belleville-config.html

Despite the load of "insert long list of expletives" the golf course has been dishing out lately, and later today of course, I managed to wake up for once not feeling groggy.

Fed the dogs, put on Ushanka for lolz as I went over next door to let out my grandfather's dog.

Came home, fired up 360, started up RA3 Commander's Challange (a separate game from Red Alert 3). Picked the King Oni mission, and spent near an hour building 30 dreadnoughts and bathing the ground in V4 Rockets.

As the dreadnought captains would say, "Enemies of the Union shall burn".

:D

Sat and watched Phoenix Nights, one of the few good comedies from the 2000-2010 decade. Seriously Channel 4 just gets worse and worse each passing year for comedy.

Other than that i have got my 1911s up and running how i like them and it turns out my new hat and goggles fit if i put them on right.

As for the negatives.................... oh wait wrong thread :P

'FireKnife'

Held up about 10 people single handed at the game yesterday.

Bipod on the welcome mat of a first floor apartment, laid down with my pistol on the floor next to me and aimed through the branches of a tree.

I hit them as they came round the corner of the opposite building and they had no idea where I was or how to root me out.

They did spot me eventually and sent a marshal to chrono me, but I was running 25fps under the limit with one shot of 6 at 20fps under. Bit of sour grapes methinks, but fair enough. I don't think they'd been hit with .40g ammo before.

It is amazing how some players just can't take it that they are getting caught out. Often i find it is the elite brigade that do this, just can't hack it when they can't win.

However today what has made my day? Well it is 25 mins to lunch and the past 4hr 30mins, have gone by in a matter of minutes from my perspective :P

'FireKnife'

Yeah, you would have seen a little while ago I posted in My Eye! that I got chronoed because two berks who were irritated at being out manoeuvred didn't like a quick burst each at (reasonably) close range.

I just bought an HD6950 Flex edition cheap which means I can run my triple monitor setup without the Mini DP adapter which has been causing me problems for ages.

It also means that (after I flash it to be a 6970 and install it into my case I will be back on a Crossfire setup for the release of Borderlands 2 (which hopefully this time round will support eyefinity unlike the first one).

I had to go down to single GPU after an unfortunate smelting accident.

Damn that magic smoke.

Also what made me smile, well it is my week on call, all the servers go down due to a sudden power failure and yet when the power comes back, no fuse has blown and all the machines are churning out as normal. Saved me having to do anything apart from a free morning off, for the win.

Oh and the fact that i had TR1 and TR2 on my netbook, now i have a working TR3, why did i never realise how much better it was on PC until now?

'FireKnife'

See i am happy running my Intel Atom Dual Core 1.6GHz / 768MHz, 120GB, 10.1 inch netbook. It does what i need it to and costs me sod all to run. Those that say what about games, i am not a huge modern game player and have a Xbox 360 for when i do. ;)

Though what has made me happy today? Looks like i finally have a choice on a local site and know a few that attend, and best of all no arrogant *rickrolls* like all the other sites up here, all two of them :P

'FireKnife'

Well, I'm happy with 2 HD6970s and a six core Phenom 2.

Everything is installed and up and running. Hurry up Borderlands 2.

Might throw a few days away playing the original...

Fair enough, my money goes on my airsoft stuff at the moment, i really need to try this whole having money and actually using it thing, i am still used to living off £200 a month, not £1,600 a month :P

By now i should have twice as many pistols as i have. That does make me happy though, knowing i can finally buy stuff without caring about the consequences.

'FireKnife'

Ah i see. Well i am still scrimping and for what i don't know. Maybe i like the taste of Lidl brand beans and cheap snack foods :P

Though i do now buy games when i want which is a happy plus. Sorry to hear about the wife either way.

'FireKnife'

Had a prop shaft delivered today at work (car parts warehouse). Came in a massive wooden shipping box. Very long and thin.

I think i've found a transport/storage box for my M60! :D

Just have to chop it in half, put a new end on it, another 'foot', and some rope handles, then make a system inside to hold aforementioned pig securely and some spares (like box mag, spare batteries and ammo) and then some OD paint :D

To add to my post in 'My Eye.....' turns out it is only £60 to change my address, which is not actually that bad considering where i have moved to :P

Though still looking at a window repair and that can either be £75 on my insurance or the cost of a FIAT Seciento passenger rear side window. Surely i could get one of them for a good price right.

'FireKnife'

Archived