Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My expectations for Dredd are the same, for any other low budget sci-fi movie. I reckon it will be enjoyable just to see dredd in a more 2000 ad feel and tone, which the 1995 lacked in everyway.

Edit:- Interesting comment on that blog link:- Karl Urban looked like he was doing a Clint Eastwood impression.

Well, thats the whole point.

I think it is normally a bad sign, if a movie it gets delayed. But, the rumor in the special effects world, is that they couldn't get the slo-mo effect right in 3d. Food for thought.

Of course there is a really bad movie, that was filmed in 1997 then released in 1999...

All i know is that this will be a download later film for me, seeing as i am more fussed about the almighty ball of burning win that is The Expendables 2, only 8 days til it is out up here :P

That makes me glad, that and the fact i got paid £10 yesterday for performing diagnostics on someones home laptop during work. Best bit is that work sees nothing wrong with this as it is up to the person that brings in the laptop if they wish to offer us anything, usually it is a box of alcoholic beverages or a cake :D

'FireKnife'

Been playing Borderlands in anticipation of Borderlands 2 coming out.

I have upgraded the machine since last time and I now have everything turned up to max.

Looks lovely.

Also, last time, I couldn't be bothered starting playthrough 2, I have been doing that and it is really big fun...

Everything, ever. Seriously. It's been just under a week since I woke up to the fact I had an addiction; Since then, I've been speaking to friends I haven't spoken to in ages, I've been getting on better with everyone, my Facebook page is full of nothing but happy *suitcase*, I'm motivated like a frikkin' boss, and I seriously feel like a different person. Went to my grandparent's diamond anniversary; Previously at such a family event I'd be sitting in the corner being unsociable, angry at the fact I couldn't step out and chemically assault myself; Instead, I was dancing with 80 year olds and having my faith in romance restored by the fact my Grandparents have been thoroughly loved up for 64 years.

Seriously, I've had a dramatic, epic, life-changing moment, and I've never felt happier for it. The past few months I've been in some seriously, seriously dark places in my mind, and I feel like I've ripped my life back from the jaws of something really not very nice to think about.

A man never truly loses the will to fight; He merely forgets the value of victory from time to time.

*edit* Personally, I can't wait to see an updated Dredd smash the tits out of Megacity One in slow motion.

just think of all that disposable income for guns you now have! = D

I don't think you can be worse than burgers, 50K kills on Halo when I last went round his earlier this year :P

but well done dude, that's awesome that you succeeded

Crikey, that's somewhat of an alarming amount of kills!

Scary to think that if I hadn't sold them off to fund the habit, I'd currently own...

AR-15's:

3 x G&P M733 AEG

1 x G&P Colt 607 AEG

4 x G&P M4A1 AEG

3 x G&P CQB MOE AEG

1 x G&P LMT MRP

1 x G&P M16A2 Carbine AEG

1 x G&P WOC-X 607

1 x Additional MUR/MOE WOC Upper

A *suitcase*-ton of G&P T-1's and various suppressors and other bolt ons, rail systems, etc etc.

(See what I mean about brand loyalty? :P)

1 x King Arms Larue 9.0

1 x King Arms VLTOR VIS CQB

Inconceivable amounts of other guns, ranging from JG G36C's to a King Arms SIG 556 shorty

Pistols:

2 x TM PX4

2 x TM 5.1

1 x Mike Cripps 5.1

1 x Mike Cripps Kimber TEII

1 x TM Foliage Warrior

3 x TM Glock 17

3 x TM 92's (1 a Tac Master)

1 x HK3PX4

1 x KSC USP Match

1 x KSC USP .45

2 x KWA USP Compact

1 x KSC Sig SP2022

2 x KWA M11's

1 x Maruzen Micro Uzi

10-15 x WE 1911's of various type

3 x WE Hicaps

1 x KJW 1911

Usually 2 x Extra mags with each gun, 3 in total, and a variety of moulded holsters and bits.

And plenty more I can't remember... Damn. I could have had my own Matrix room... *fruitcage* you, Mary.

So is this the end of the random Hwagan sales? Where you would put a gun at about 2/3 of its value, no questions asked? :P

I miss those, as unlike the 2/3 sale on Zero In you didn't get ripped off.

Anyway, what has made me happy? Only four weeks til i see the missus and only 4 days til The Expendables 2 :D

'FireKnife'

I don't usually talk about this too much (especially on the internet where everything is permanent) but I struggled with addiction (and still do in my own way) back in the 90s.

I never liked the idea of smoking (anything) so I ended up doing other things, I drank every waking minute of every day and being a bouncer I was fully integrated into the club scene.

Other things crept in, one at a time (don't know where the description crosses the PG13 border so I am being cagey) and I started being at funerals almost every month.

Living a lie, hiding the truth from my employers and everybody close to me. I was in a bad way.

The death of someone close to me forced me to realise where my life was going and a girl gave me something to live for.

I have been clean for 14 years and sober for 10 (drinking in the army).

Well done beating your addiction and I wish you the best of luck keeping clean.

So is this the end of the random Hwagan sales? Where you would put a gun at about 2/3 of its value, no questions asked? :P

'FireKnife'

Heh, well knowing me I'll probably still end up switching the odd shiney thing for a shinier thing, But I won't quite be selling a £500 Kimber for £190 ;)

some? XD

Yes, laugh at me while you caress my beloved gear, you heinous vulture! :P Seriously though, at least my issues made someone happy!

I don't usually talk about this too much (especially on the internet where everything is permanent) but I struggled with addiction (and still do in my own way) back in the 90s.

I never liked the idea of smoking (anything) so I ended up doing other things, I drank every waking minute of every day and being a bouncer I was fully integrated into the club scene.

Other things crept in, one at a time (don't know where the description crosses the PG13 border so I am being cagey) and I started being at funerals almost every month.

Living a lie, hiding the truth from my employers and everybody close to me. I was in a bad way.

The death of someone close to me forced me to realise where my life was going and a girl gave me something to live for.

I have been clean for 14 years and sober for 10 (drinking in the army).

Well done beating your addiction and I wish you the best of luck keeping clean.

I really appreciate that man, and it's never an easy thing to admit too; It's really reassuring to know I'm not the only Airsofter in this particular boat! I can particularly relate to living a lie and hiding the truth from loved ones; Whilst it's a *badgeress* to think of the things I've missed out on as a result, I'm past regretting things at last, and I really intend to let that be a lesson in future. On top of that, I hope it's all gotten a lot better for you too man.

It's also nice to see the amount of support I've had about it, not just from loved ones and the like, but all'a you guys 'n all. Really is appreciated :)

As for being cagey, that's the reason I haven't mentioned what we all know I'm talking about by name; I figure the only people likely to get the references to what I'm on about are likely to be mature enough to understand, and hopefully seeing a glimpse of the damage it's done (To my airsoft collection mainly) might put a few people off ending up in the same situation.

See i have never been through this as i got the worst / best luck of the draw: A mother that worked as a manager of the Drug Rehabilitation Wing of a young offenders prison, she knew what this stuff did and i found out very soon. That is the best way in the end to get people off it, well sane people like you and me. The whole 'do you want to end up here, screaming your freezing in a warm cell, doing questionable things to the other inmates just for the promise of something', it really works to scare you away from it.

Though i do feel sorry for anyone that has an addiction, but not pity, more worry for what may become of their life and others around them for what they do. Still good on you, all of you.

Anyway, what has made my day. Going to fix a 'big issue' at work with a PC on a paper cutting machine. Turns out the mosue is broken, i get an easy repair, then get an excuse (not being told what it was) when people ask why it took me 30mins to sort out ( to be fair i did have to walk to the machine and back). It is amazing how often this happens, but it counts as work and no-one wishes to question it.

'FireKnife'

The biggest thing I missed out on (according to my doctor) is a good chance of seeing 55.

Well I suppose you could say that if some of my dyslexic friends were writing about his then a lot of them would have been on F, plenty of DSL and a lot of my friends were killed by herons.

I did chuckle :P

What made me smile, a massive and I think well deserved shout out to spetsnazdave87

I accidentally sent a payment to the wrong person, I.e. spetsnazdave87, and not only did he not run off with my monies, but PM'd me and refunded the payment.

You sir, are a top bloke.

EDIT: I've no idea what you're talking about ;)

I did chuckle :P

What made me smile, a massive and I think well deserved shout out to spetznatzdave,

I accidentally sent a payment to the wrong person, I.e. Spetznatzdave, and not only did he not run off with my monies, but PM'd me and refunded the payment.

You sir, are a top bloke.

You couldn't spell my display name right though could you :P

Cheers for the shoutout but no biggie man, glad we got it sorted!

Archived