Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't need them amigo, the nuts just needed me to get the right angle and give them a whack with the drift.

The threads weren't seized, the copper washers had bound up to the brass and steel/aluminium they are in.

Probably due to being in there for 42 years.

Once I shocked the washers the nuts just spun out, finger tight.

All 8 gearboxes now checked and at the correct levels.

In other news, I have discovered I am eligible to have pressed steel black/silver license plates on the car.  I have asked a manufacturer to make me up the correct sized ones for the car.

Less than 60 quid posted for a set in custom sizes to fit the bolt hole spaces on the Pinz (she has rivnut inserts in the body for the front plate).

The people who make them are using the same huge industrial press to make them that have been using for 125 years.

I really love old stuff.

I bought a new rat-tail 4" grinder and a load of new discs, including the flap wheels you recommended.

The one I had before was one of the fat ones with a switch on it, can't stand it.

Pod Point charger is due to be installed Tuesday morning, so no more slow charging with the granny lead.

My free few months with Polar Plus has started so I can use the rapid chargers in MK for just 10.8p/kWh which I think may be less than I pay at home.

Wired in my dashcam with a magic power box so it keeps running when the car is off but will turn off if the 12v battery drops to 12v.

I have finally been accepted for a credit card (my history is due to identity theft). Now just to remember to only use it to build my credit score and not as actual funds barring emergencies.

Actually accepted for two but gonna cancel the higher APR one immediately.

I don't know, they don't teach this stuff (useful stuff like mortgages, life savings, first aid, plumbing and electrics) in school.

I guess so? Just need to be careful with them I guess. I'll probably keep them in my safe most of the time anyway.

I don't know, they don't teach this stuff (useful stuff like mortgages, life savings, first aid, plumbing and electrics) in school.

I guess so? Just need to be careful with them I guess. I'll probably keep them in my safe most of the time anyway.

Cancel the higher APR one, just having a credit card doesn't help your rating much, using and paying off each month does.

You need a history of regular payments, and the cheapest way of doing that is to not pay any interest by paying the balance off each month.

After I was discharged from bankruptcy in 2007, I got a Capital One card in 2009 with a £500 limit and an APR of nearly 30%!

I used it to pay for my expenses so I could pay it off each month.

After a year or so of increases to my limit, it was up to £6000, so I applied for a cheaper Barclaycard and cancelled the Capital One. I still have the Barclaycard hidden away in case of a major future emergency, and use a Tesco credit card now as it earns clubcard points. I'd rebuilt my excellent credit score.

To help build up your credit score you need:

A history of regular payments

Be on the electoral roll (preferably at the same address for 3 years)

Be employed (preferably for the same employer for at least 3 years)

Be dashingly handsome (well it can't hurt, can it?)

Im married and back from Scotland. Managed to drive all the way from the Trussocks to Brighton on a tank. The little Fiesta did well.

Had a great day last weekend and we both have some great memories. I didn't mess the speech up either which was a bonus! All in all a pretty good week and im a chuffed man!

Im married and back from Scotland. Managed to drive all the way from the Trussocks to Brighton on a tank. The little Fiesta did well.

Had a great day last weekend and we both have some great memories. I didn't mess the speech up either which was a bonus! All in all a pretty good week and im a chuffed man!

Glad to hear you are hitched, she is very lucky.

I'm here alone, ain't too bad, though. Sitting here drinking an Heineken, made my self a steak and I put on some oldies records from the 60's. Very peaceful.

Congrats...

Although I did read that at first that you were a "cuffed man"... :D

Congratulations man!

Other day perfect Christmas gift for a friend sprung into mind as they're always displacing their keys or phone, so looking into those tracker devices, currently looking at the Tile Sport as the specs seem quite good but I've not really looked into this stuff before (but am now feeling I should at least get one for my pub keys).

Archived