KSC HK45 (Japanese version)

It is just the start of my review. The replica arrived today and I only had time for a short test and inspection. More information will come as I have time to perform the tests, take photos and write about it.

Sorry for my english and for the quality of the pictures. I am not a photographer.

Here are the pictures:

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac209/emp3ror1986/Review%20pictures/KSC%20HK45%20pictures/?albumview=slideshow

Main parts like barrel, slide and frame is plastic. Hopup is improved and it is great, shooting tests will follow.

Shoots about 320 FPS on propane.

What I like so far:

Hopup

HK45

Metal reinforcement within the frame.

Inner structure

Trademarks

Outstanding quality

Issues/not likes so far:

Double feeding (hopup adjustment solves it)

Extractor fell off after second shot

Bolt catch does not engage

Impression:

It feels plastic, even for a japanese gun. Not cheap, plastic. The quality is great but the frame is nothing like a Glock frame.

But it is comfortable. Unfortunately my hands are too small so even though it is a leftie compatible gun, my finger can not reach the magazine nor the slide release.

Propane is not as strong as GG yet it delivers a serious kick, in airsoft terms of course. I definitely do not recommend the japanese version unless you can get weaker gas for it. It screams for a metal slide.

Wait for the taiwan version.

Feel free to ask!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes KSC 0.2g and paper is A4 size (just in case anyone not familiar with that coin)

As I promised:       Spring guide is made of steel, check the magnets on it.   Outer barrel is made of plastic. It is cracked as you can see.   I think this part is the same as in the

Accuracy is not bad though

Posted Images

Impression:

It feels plastic, even for a japanese gun. Not cheap, plastic. The quality is great but the frame is nothing like a Glock frame.

And in comparison to a System 7 USP frame?

Thanks for the review and photos.

The grip is so big that i have to use my trigger finger to engage the mag release. However after holding the HK45 I just realize how uncomfortable my marui glock is.

I am looking forawrd for a decent metal slide.

Edited by -l-

I wanted to shoot a few mags today and tune the hopup for 0.28. Unfortunately the slide does not lock back, I need to figure out why.

Another - and more serious - problem is that the outer barrel cracked. Small crack but it is going to break eventually.

Had some double feed issues, too.

So if you did not get this gun yet, be happy and wait for the ones with metal slide and outer barrel.

I still use it only on propane.

I'm really wondering what the japanese players experience with their HK45s. Can someone from Japan give us some information?

As I did not have time for a takedown this weekend I thought I would at least give a shot to the fix at the magazine spring. Good news is that it seems to work. I wrote seems because I could not test it properly.

The reason:

45fail2.jpg

Almost hit me in the face.

45fail4.jpg

45fail3.jpg

45fail5.jpg

45fail9.jpg

The slide is just too narrow, the plastic is weak.

By the way the nozzle has got USP45 markings:

45fail7.jpg

45fail6.jpg

45fail8.jpg

It survived the fall without problems.

Slidestop started ruining the slide (not like I care about it atm).

45fail1.jpg

BTW the trigger is made of steel. I heard that USP triggers tend to brake, this one will not.

Still what happened is not the fault of the gun. It was not used on the propellant it was designed for. I can not read the manual but I am sure it is stated in it what gas can be used with the gun.

I hope the release of taiwan versions is close. :D

It was close, but not hit me. :D

And I would like to emphasize that this gun was never intended nor designed to work on propane. According to KSC they have not encountered such a case like mine.

If the metal slided one will try to hurt me, too, then we can speak about a serious design flaw.

But now I am more eager to see Marui's HK45, their plastic is definitely stronger (I had a Night Warrior), I think I am going to get one and torture test it. Same plans with a metal slided KSC HK45.

BTW at this weekend I will take apart the barrel, hopup part and show it to you guys here.

As I promised:

02.jpg

01.jpg

Spring guide is made of steel, check the magnets on it.

03.jpg

Outer barrel is made of plastic. It is cracked as you can see.

04.jpg

I think this part is the same as in the USP45, see the markings on it. I do not have an USP so I can not be sure.

05.jpg

06.jpg

New hopup mechanism.

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 2