KRISS Vector meets Red Jacket

mimesis

In a shameless display of product placement, tie-ins, cross-advertising, and just about everything else that makes an ad exec's day, last night Sons of Guns featured the KV *and* the coming remake of Total Recall where the KV features prominently. True to form, the lovable lugs at RJ suppurated all over the KV, while three technicians, shipped in from KRISS and looking intensely awkward, embarrassed and uncomfortable, watched in amazement and horror. Somehow, by sheer good luck rather than design, the end result--integrally suppressed, with a rail system covering the suppressor-- didn't look too bad really, though a tad gaudy with excessive red highlights. A pallet of KVs was placed on order for Louisiana. Billed as Kris's Kriss, Joe Meaux actually did 95% of the work...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just speaking to a friend of mine about this.

TBH looks like they just made a larger Kriss K10. I agree doesnt look too bad however what draws me to the Kriss is the fact that your left hand is directly below the muzzle (like a P90) making it extremely pointable and amazingly useful in CQB.

Adding that long RIS removes this (just like adding the front RIS system to a P90) Though integrating a suppressor is quite cool and I can see it being popular with the US civi market (if its legal that is)

I agree that those red highlights are vial and tacky aswell. Never saw the useful-ness of having magazines mounted in the stock..

Is putting a rail over a suppressor the same as "integrally suppressed"? What's the benefit, aside from making it heavier and more difficult to remove?

As I understand it, they removed the short standard barrel, and installed a longer one. That's what the people from KRISS were for--the barrel is a press fit in the trunion. The new longer barrel has holes drilled in it, and the suppressor fits over it. That's what they mean by integral. This compares to screwing the can on the threads on the end of the regular barrel. With the tight-fitting rail system over the suppressor, the whole thing feels much more like part of the gun rather than a screw-on accessory.

Not seen that episode, and watch the program really to see what they will *fruitcage* up next.

Saw the magpul FPG episode where they brought an airsoft one in, and wanted to make their own.

After days of R&D, and literally milliseconds of useful input, they came up with this

237390e8.jpg

They were basically jizzing their pants over how cool it was. My dog makes better looking and more ergonomical things in the garden every day...

The gun, erm, just no. The girl, maybe but not as a first choice, though she does seem pre-occupied on aiming at a local animal / child at that angle. :P

As for the FPG, is that just a Mac11 that rotates back into that sort of shoulder stock thing? Wow that is about as intellectually challenging as you can get. Plus the barrel to sight difference is huge, makes a fixed carry handle AR look close.

'FireKnife'

It's just about as painful as the handcannon from "Looper".

(the handcannon from "Looper" is a chunk of rough wood wrapped in adhesive bandage, screwed horizontally to the end of something that probably was a very large free-float AR15 front, with some of the RIS rails left on)

Well when you let people with an IQ that is lower than the number of countries outside their they can name you know you are on to a winner :P

Seriously i am suprised one of them doesn't have a 7.62mm hole in their foot after each show they do, or do you not see that behind the camera they have a cage they put them back into then wheel them back to a fairground?

'FireKnife'

It's funny, cos sometimes they do a decent looking job of something, the suppressed AK looked good, but spray paint and fast camera shots can hide a multitude of sins.

Especially as it shows them usually drilling things freehand with a cordless, and ragging on something with a hammer until it gives.

It gives me the impression of what it would be like if you threw a load of tools and gun parts into a monkey enclosure.

Having a photo helps for those of us who would refrain from watching the show in an effort to keep from puking into each others mouths....

Ouch. I wish I had waited for you to post that, you could have saved me from hearing deep thoughts like "we dont need iron sights...too bumpy".

The gun, erm, just no. The girl, maybe but not as a first choice...

They're both mopeds.

It's just about as painful as the handcannon from "Looper"....

shotgun1.jpg

Did they make that in prison? It still looks a lot better than the Red Jacket FPG.

Did they make that in prison? It still looks a lot better than the Red Jacket FPG.

No, JGL's character being a two-bit "cleaner" kind of guy got the shittiest gun. The bigger goons run around with Magnum Research BFRs.

I have to say I was intrigued but I seriously cant stand that program at all. The screen grab is summary enough. Regular suppressed KRISS is cooler anyway.

Whilst on the subject of the KRISS. Does anyone remember the prototype? That was a funny looking gun indeed.

What was up with the prototype anyway?

Still, think i will stick with American Guns, even though they are quite condescending sometimes at least they build stuff properly, even the whacky stuff is practical in its own way.

Except the pink 1911.

'FireKnife'

Archived