Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.1

Icemaster109

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOl echo in the 4th pic down in the post you postED looks like you got shot in the thigh...what happened?

There were these barries all over the place, I must have been crawling in them. :P

Thanks, the back of slide was cracked, and I was using .25s in her. It actually shot pretty nice, up until the point where the BB went 15 yards and dropped like a rock.

I waas thinking of finally getting a PMC gear, will take some month to complete it but would this work as a PMC gear?

Head:

Black helmet / (optional) Blackwater black cap

Skull balaclava

Boll'e eye protection glasses

Torso:

Black t-shirt

Guarder Ciras copy OD (Optional 5.11 khaki vest)

Legs:

Safariland holster black

Kneepad black

5.11 khaki pants

some boots (will use black till i can afford tan/khaki)

Weapon:

Inokatsu AIMS with ultimak and eotech, also optional AKM lower handguard

TM Glock17

so would this look right?

Sounds like a fairly good PMC loadout to me. But you really need some soft armor too, PC or not. Also, leave the AK bone stock. (other than internals and stuff) Often times PMCs use battlefield pick up AKs as their own weaponry, especially if they like it. Usually, that mean stock weapons. Then again, often PMCs prefer AKs because of the dependability, so they bring their own. Ultimately, you rarely see any sites on a PMC's AK other than irons. EDIT: You may want to leave the Balaclava off. Usually only SAW gunners in High-Profile convoys use them, and that's because their head is sticking out of the vehicle the whole time, giving anyone a clear shot for a good while at identifying them. Also, what kind of Bolle's?

I waas thinking of finally getting a PMC gear, will take some month to complete it but would this work as a PMC gear?

Head:

Black helmet / (optional) Blackwater black cap

Skull balaclava

Boll'e eye protection glasses

Torso:

Black t-shirt

Guarder Ciras copy OD (Optional 5.11 khaki vest)

Legs:

Safariland holster black

Kneepad black

5.11 khaki pants

some boots (will use black till i can afford tan/khaki)

Weapon:

Inokatsu AIMS with ultimak and eotech, also optional AKM lower handguard

TM Glock17

so would this look right?

Sounds good to me, throw in a Shemagh and your looking gorgeous

Yeah a shemag, forgot :P I got a red and white one but i think a tan would look cooler?

The reason i will use balaclava is because ill use this setup in CQB and im allways first out to take a group of people and often i get shots in the face when it gets close :P

Sounds like a fairly good PMC loadout to me. But you really need some soft armor too, PC or not. Also, leave the AK bone stock. (other than internals and stuff) Often times PMCs use battlefield pick up AKs as their own weaponry, especially if they like it. Usually, that mean stock weapons. Then again, often PMCs prefer AKs because of the dependability, so they bring their own. Ultimately, you rarely see any sites on a PMC's AK other than irons.

CIRAS = BA and not PC (it holds soft armour too) so no he doesn't "need" soft armour.

Also, I agree that it is reasonably uncommon for a contractor to use an optic on an AK but I have seen quite a few. There was a documentary over here in the UK about Global Security. Most of the guys featured on the program had AKs and most of them had a red dot of sorts mounted on/around the upper handguard area.

There are pictures of EOTechs used too.

Any idea of what a PMC SAW gunner would wear?

I'm thinking of getting some tan Propper "tactical pants", black, brown,or blue T-shirt (what color would be best?), and for a vest;

One of these http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?Pa...WPROD&ProdID=82 in tan, with a hydration pouch, cell phone pouch, and a utility/dump pouch.

Am I on the right track?

Um, that's from a TV show, so it may not be 100% accurate. ;)

Most of the pics I've seen of PMC SAW gunners, they are wearing the clothing just like the rest of the PMCs (5.11 and the like) and generally have a chest rig with a couple of SAW magazine pouches. Usually have a sidearm as well for when the length of the SAW is too great for whatever situation they are in. :) If I was you, I'd check out the MAV from Tactical Tailor. Great piece of gear. Get an X-Harness and a couple of SAW magazine pouches, and you'll be ready to roll.

CIRAS = BA and not PC (it holds soft armour too) so no he doesn't "need" soft armour.

Completely forgot about CIRAS being able to hold soft armor. I think some PCs can as well, but we won't get into that. So okay, no soft armor required. But if you have some spare money, it would certainly help the look.

:D

*contractors with some beautiful AKs*

Alright. So ya got me on that one. :P I'd guess that either A-they got a battlefield pick-up AK and put some sites on it, or B-they brought their own AK with their own sites. I highly doubt any insurgents (other than maybe leaders of some sort) would be able to afford an EOTech. So, if I was you, just in my own personal opinion, I'd leave off the site, or if I put it on, wear the AK down some, and leave the site nice and clean. Just my personal opinion on what would look the most realistic. Also, Grim, I understand about the Balaclava part. Sounds fine then. :)

EDIT: Spelling.

Try this

*snip*

More on SF

*snip*

Glad you liked my screenshot :D

That second picture, are you sure that's a PMC? He's wearing DCUs, which makes me think otherwise. I mean, I know you said SF, but he asked about a PMC SAW gunner, so I was just wondering.

matt it may be a tv show, but its still a load out that could work.

Yeah joe, i liked it. infact i'm using it for a convention :D

Sure, it very well could be. Just putting it out there that it could possibly be innacurate.

That second picture, are you sure that's a PMC? He's wearing DCUs, which makes me think otherwise. I mean, I know you said SF, but he asked about a PMC SAW gunner, so I was just wondering.

Is anyone still issuing DCU's? Not to start any camo flame wars but I can't think of anyone.

Archived