Project ”Perfect Pistol Case” (RS replicas)

NonEx

Glock cases can be acquired very easily on evil-bay, with the dedicated app for smartphones, one can get those cases using just one thumb :D .

Mine even includes a very long paddle lock in red, I guess it's intended to lock through the ejection port while the gun is half-cocked.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remembered something. Regarding the spent casing.

I looked it up and appears to be one of two things. Some states require it to be logged into a national database for crime prevention, and/or it is supplied as proof of functionality from the manufacturer.

As I said in post number 9 :P

Often it is a case of the final cartridge in a required test shoot or the overpowered cartridge that is shown that the gun can exceed standards (even if it is only once).

'FireKnife'

OK I have now reviewed all the manuals and a safety booklet and have extracted the following;

WARNING

!

IT IS VITAL THAT YOU FULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS OF THIS INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL BEFORE HANDLING OR OPERATING YOUR FIREARM! FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN BODILY HARM, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.

IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL BE CARRIED WITH THE FIREARM AT ALL TIMES FOR REFERENSE PURPOSES.

ALWAYS PRACTISE SAFE FIREARMS HANDLING!

• Always treat all firearms as if they were loaded.
  • Always point the firearm in a safe direction. (redundant and contradictive to the below?)
  • Never point the firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy. (redundant and contradictive to the above?)
  • Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
  • Always engage the firearms manual safety (when applicable) until ready to fire.
  • Always be aware of your targets foreground and background.
  • Never shoot at a flat surface or water.
  • Always wear appropriate eye and ear protection when using your firearm.
  • Always wear appropriate eye protection when field-stripping or otherwise working on your firearm to avoid injury from parts under spring tension.
  • Always read the supplied instructions and safety information supplied with your firearm prior to handling or operating it.
  • Always inspect your firearm before and after each use to make sure it is in working order and no parts are obstructed by dust, dirt, debris or other materials.
  • Always clear and safety check your firearm prior to handling it to avoid accident, injury or death.
  • Never leave a loaded firearm unattended.
  • Never transport a loaded firearm.
  • Always use the appropriate caliber ammunition and power source propellant for your specific firearm to avoid malfunctions, damage or catastrophic failures.
  • Never use your firearm while under the influence of strong medication, drugs or alcohol.
  • Never rely on a firearms mechanical safety features alone, always practice safe gun handling.
  • Always store your firearm unloaded and separate from your power source propellant and ammunition and use the firearms provided wire-lock and/or safety features.
  • Never dis-assemble the firearm beyond the point of what is illustrated in this manual under the section “Field stripping”. If necessary contact a qualified gunsmith.
  • In case of malfunction, damage or catastrophic failure to the firearm or any of its components, immediately stop using the firearm! Clear the firearm if possible and contact a qualified gunsmith.
  • Always make sure that all accessories or upgrades that you apply to your firearm are compatible.

Does anyone have anything to add, modify or otherweise airsoftspecific that should be in under this section ?

Making the manuals probably won't be as much work as I thought. I think it's kind of fun actually :)

Just remember that it is suposed to be a hybrid of RS _and_ airsoft information. Just to make it feel more "real" but still be applicable. I think most of the above applies to airsoft as well, with the exception of shooting other people for fun :D

Barcode samples for stickers etc;

barcodes.jpg

:D

Also bought some stuff to make the empty casing envelopes from, looked at buying them but can't find small enough sizes plus only avaliable in bulk. Easier to chop up a drown envelope and make it myself :)

Is that the proofing house which you pass above when approaching Birmingham New Street from the south?

Never looked into it, has always fascinated me. Think it says something like 'Birmingham Gun Barrel House 1895' on the front. Classic victorian looking place, always figured it was for field gun and cannon barrels however.

Hopefully this link will work:

http://goo.gl/maps/UOdBq

Historically it was about cannon seeing as that's where the whole idea of firearms basically started out, but they definitely don't have the space to do any testing on artillery. When I was in there it was mostly shotguns as you'd expect, I remember a couple of S&W .22 ARs, various historic pieces; was a while ago to be honest. Interesting place though, the guy who made the test cartridges had literally every brass case and bullet you could think of, everything from musket balls to 300 blackout and 416 Barrett.

Probably want to add some information about warranty/manufacturer.

You mean like the manufacturer provides limited or life time warranty and warranty void if user does X and that they won't be liable in case of injury etc.? THat kinda thing, or what? :o

You mean like the manufacturer provides limited or life time warranty and warranty void if user does X and that they won't be liable in case of injury etc.? THat kinda thing, or what? :o

Yes, that, and there's probably some stuff on most manuals (I'll check mine later if I can find them...) about "blah blah is a registered trademark of Heckler & Koch Gmbh" etc.

Here are some preview pics of some of the front pages I am working on now. Note, WORK IN PROGRESS. I am trying to get a feel for the brand, the style they usually use and are associated with and then kinda mixing that up in my layout. Colt, old school classic style, S&W, kinda inbetween, XDM, straight copy of original pretty much, works :)

airsoft_colt_1911_manual.jpg

airsoft_m%2526p_manual.jpg

airsoft_xdm_manual-1.jpg

Stealing WGC product pics for now until I get the stuff myself and can take pics. Everything except the photos will be vector based so it scales regardless of resolution.

Not much to look at right now, but I figure if I get the fronts and backs done, at least I have something set :P

Majority of the text base contents template is done and all contents categories are done. So should develope quickly from here.

Small update.

I just went for it, and bought some stuff!

2x Smith & Wesson hard-plastic pistol cases, small, blue (two because _I AM_ going to get both black and tan M&P :D )

2x Smith & Wesson ear-plugs, plastic with "string" (apparantly included with the M&P per YouTube source video)

1x Smith & Wesson shooting glasses, just for general use, not this project

1x Smith & Wesson M&P logo t-shirt, medium, gray, just because :D

1x Colt hard-plastic pistol case, blue

3x Ear-plugs "generic", plastic with "string", for packaging with other pistols

3x "Generic" pistol cable lock, black

6x Tapco pistol chamber safety tool/flag (Kleen-Bore red ones are most popular with RS cases it seems but I can't find those avaliable to me, so theses will do)

Also, slow progress on the manuals. I figure I don't have to have those done to start the project, I can put in the stock manuals to start off. Not feeling to well right now so don't have much energy to work on this.

Gonna make a generic safety pamphlet and brand it per each brand. Also gonna make same for registration forms for the pistols. Warranty info, not sure if I should put that in the manual or seperatly.

Manuals will consist of, roughly, the following;

• Front page
  • Safety information warning (READ MANUAL)
  • Index
  • Specifications
  • Box contents
  • Nomenclature
  • General firearms safety information
  • Operation features
  • Safety features
  • Ergonomic features
  • Handling instructions (clear/safety check, load magazine, shoot, unload, field strip, clean and lube, adjust hop up, change backstraps, exploded view and parts list etc.)
  • Back page

Here is a preview update of the manual front pages. Just trying to set the tone for each brand and then make a template for the entire manual and then copy it over and adjust layout and fonts to make it unique per brand.

manuals_preview_1.jpg

The Sig one might be reworked as I found a more modern version of the manual in PDF form on Sigs website.

Also the Glock manual, I am not sure, feels too contrasty and aggressive for Glock. The real one is white paper with more subtle and small logo and text. Might change that up or inverse the colors, whaddaya think?

Like I said, most of it is done, on paper or in my head, needs to be applied to one manual completely, then copied over. Should turn out nicely, and I don't need to rush this really, it's not vital to get it going.

Spent casing and label info has been gathered for Glock and S&W models, will replicate and duplicate that over to the others etc.

HOLLA ! :D

Just a quick doodle at a registration form.

I don't think it's common in the US to ask for DoB though, is it? In Sweden it is, because that is our equivalent to a social security number.

In the UK and from what I know the US they just ask for it as a form of information, mostly just for age restricted products like firearms etc, even if you are 50 they still ask for it just to check.

'FireKnife'

I think you're forgetting how difficult it is for non US people to acquire even something as simple as a case.

I bet if you e-mailed Glock or whatever and said you would like a factory case shipped to the UK, they would say no, ITAR, blah, blah, blah.

Having a US middle man on the other hand, that is the way to go.

slu, are you refering to me or to rvs ?

As for the rest of the world. As per my first post most cases are readily avaliable either form the manufacturers or retailers. XDM case is the only one I can't find in retail form, they are on eBay but for 100 USD and used... Might do my own custom variant with a look alike case and some custom foam. Have e-mailed XDM to ask if they sell them seperatly.

And yes getting a hold of complete RS packages could be done but as per my original post I want this to match and be applicable to the airsoft pistol.

rvs; I will do some test tags tonight and put up. I have now for S&W, Glock and XDM :D

And generally speaking carry cases are unrestricted items that do not fall under ITAR, but I guess they could tell you that just because they don't want to bother with it.

Mweh. So was just fiddling with the barcode replication, I had downloaded 12 barcode fonts and then realized I was missing one style, so had to do some hunting. Found a free EAN/UPC font but it has a few limitations, but it will have to do, doesn't have to be exact I guess.

Here is a taste of an M&P box sticker replicated (not 100% accurate but decent)

s%2526w_m%2526p_ean_code_remake.jpg

REVISED

s%2526w_m%2526p_ean_code_remake_2.jpg

S&W M&P spent casing envelope replica;

s%2526w_m%2526p_spent_casing_envelope.jpg

XDM spent casing envelope replica;

xmd_spent_casing_envelope.jpg

GLOCK spent casing envelope;

glock_casing_envelope.jpg

:D

I'm spotting an issue here. Printing these high res vector replicas to paper will make them look too good/real... WIll have to lower the DPI of the printing or something. Oh wells :)

Also, it's unlikely that I will find stickers that will match the RS ones exactly, so I will have to compromise on the dimensions and size of things I guess. :o

Nice Work! I say keep it close to real as possible. Regarding the Glock tupperware 18C case, I may have found one with the sticker intact. Its different from the current version. I'll send those to you also when.I get them in my hands.

Well I'm not sure. Model names of the guns etc. would be same, but should the calibers be 6MM or the actual RS version caliber ?

Kind of a dilemma between RS and Airsoft applicable/modified.

Looks of RS; but contents and relevance towards airsoft, ie. cal 6mm etc. But then again the manufacturer would be WE or whatever and not Glock so :P. But I dunno. It's not like it's hard to change and/or make both styles. I think I'll figure it out as I go along.

Hmm there's a capital M in Automatic in the XDM replica :P

Getting tired now, revision 3. Gonna stop *fruitcage* around. I figured I could make the barcode higher by duplicating the layer and just dragging it up behind so that's good! Still some ways away, don't know if I can get all the text spacing and fonts to match up exactly, but that's overkill I guess... *fruitcage* OCD. this is gonna kill me :|

s%2526w_m%2526p_ean_code_remake_3.jpg

If you guys could helpe me find referense pics for Beretta, Sig and Colt that would be great. Box stickers and spent casing details etc... Actually, I have the box stickers for the Berettas and Sig, none for Colt. Not sure they even come with them... Spent casing referenses would be great.

Archived