New mystery S&W M&P 9C, metal slide, TRADES!

hitmanNo2

But they make a Glock too. If we take the insiders words as the truth, I truly am stumped.

If it wasn't for the metal slide I'd have said Maruzen, the only one that's not been mentioned is KJ Works that could prove to be decent although they do have Glock models on sale already which should rule them out too, maybe Guarder have started making complete GBBs now as well as custom ones based on existing models?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken from the WE M&P Thread.

I think people will be surprised and well pleased when they see who's making them. The Glock samples I've seen that same company make (which never entered actual production) were simply beautiful inside and out. Their replica M&P pics I've seen were extremely hard to distinguish from the RS version.

I can back up USMC's intel about it not being WE, WA, KWA, or KWC.

I can't say who's making it (yet), but it's not who you'd expect. People will be quite surprised when it is finally revealed. I'm expecting an "unveiling" by CG at SHOT.

Main GBB manufacturer:

Tokyo Marui: No possible, they don't bother with licensing since Japan market does not require it

KSC/KWA: Ruled out as mentioned,

KJW: Possible, KJW did make Cyber Gun P226 (licensed)

WA: Ruled out as mentioned, Personally I think its unlikely from the fact they love to make rebrands of 1911, Hi-Capa, and M9

WE/Socom Gear: Ruled out as mentioned

Now if you cross reference the decent airsoft gun manufacture that cooperate with Cyber gun before...

KJW (P226)

KWA (P2022 for European market)

Inokatsu (1911, AR-15 series)

King Arms (AR-15 series)

Since King Arms and Inokatsu are merely clone manufacture, it is possible that this is going to be a WE design.

In short the two most likely manufacture are KJW and Inokatsu. The engraving resemble more of inokatsu's style (KJW laser engrave)

But then again, this is assuming a decent manufacture makes it.

This is killing me. :)

Without adding to the conjecture, I will say that the company's G17 T&E sample I checked out was pretty much upgraded very decently straight out of the box. It was a solid performer. Consistent hop up. Good accuracy. Metal slide. Upgraded recoil spring assembly.

Not helping :P I'm inclined to say Guarder. Despite doing full custom KJ Glocks but deep down I don't think it's them. But there's the whole M&P 9C holster thing even though they're most likely intended for RS. Oh, well, time will tell. Or uscm will when I kidnap him and torture it out of him ha ha.

How about VFC? They make GBBs already, they are known for their attention to detail when it comes to externals and most/all of their guns are licenced are they not?

They also made Glock already...there are VFC Glock out there....not sure how widely they are circulated though...

Well Arms Cool call the Stark Arms Glock as VFC, since thats I believe how they are known in Taiwan. But to the rest of the world its Stark Arms.

VFC have ventured in Glocks before also, with their Avalon slide sets....so I guess they have dabbled in the business. As mentioned in the WE M&P thread, shell company to avoid trademark trouble also isn't a new practice. VFC also has GBB experience(good or bad is another story), and they have trademark branding experience too with their Umarex stuff now. So they might be a good candidate, and sorta circumvent the whole "Glock" thing through technicality... :D

I can back up USMC's intel about it not being WE, WA, KWA, or KWC.

I can't say who's making it (yet), but it's not who you'd expect. People will be quite surprised when it is finally revealed. I'm expecting an "unveiling" by CG at SHOT.

Muahahahaha, I'm going to SHOT2013, This is gunna be good! :D

This is killing me. :)

Me too!

For those that don't know, and as much as I hesitate to admit it, I work for a company owned by Cyber Gun.

As much as I'd like to, I can't say much about this at this time. I am QUITE looking forward to seeing one, and I'm a picky SOB.

I should get my hands on a "pre-production sample" sometime in the next few weeks.

Judging by his location and knowing who he [likely] knows, I suspect USMC will get to see one in that time frame as well, possibly before I do. I will post my impression(s) of it once I get my grubby paws on one. Hopefully I'll be able to post some photos as well.

IDK why they decided to with a compact instead of full size, that's something determined WAY above my pay grade. I also don't know the MSRP.

I highly doubt anything "official" will be made public before SHOT.

IDK why they decided to with a compact instead of full size

I don't get it either. But if this is indicative of the full size model, that's fine with me.

The little warning on the bottom of the slide is exactly the same as my RS M&P. "Capable of firing with magazine removed" warning makes very little sense for an airsoft gun. I wouldn't expect an airsoft manufacturer to duplicate that silly warning.

It's for the sake of aesthetic accuracy. The real one has it. Exactly as it appears on that replica (well actually one of my RS ones has that lettering blacked out as it was an approved CA roster model which meant that feature was disabled (and has since been re-enabled), the rest of mine has it as they're off-roster models). But it's there because it's a detail on the real one. Just because it's irrelevant on an airsoft GBB doesn't equate that it shouldn't be on there. I think of it like trademarks etc. Do I want the gun to be 100% externally accurate? Hells yes. Do I like the fact that they replicated every detail on the gun even down to that warning sign? Hells yes.

Tokyo Marui? :lol:

This is the only "good surprise" GBBP manufacturer. Is it impossible that some crazy young guy at TM got access to the internet, and decided to manufacture and export the metal slide, propane powered guns the rest of the world clamors for? Probably, but one can still hope.

Good timing on the teaser pic though, taking some wind out of WE's sails. Maybe this will motivate them to push out the trademarked models that they have nothing to do with.

It's Beta Project aint it? I remember USCM having ties with them some time ago.

No direct ties. I know them via my association with Magpul and PTS. They have done joint projects with PTS in the past, OEMed a few things for PTS (mostly soft goods), and have had limited licensing through PTS (e.g. the not so great green-label line PMAGs). And no it is neither Beta Project nor PTS.

Archived