What muzzle energy do you play with?

jal3

82 members have voted

1. 1. What's your velocity limit on full auto weapons, or semi if CQB?

• M100 / 330fps
    • M110 / 360fps
    • M120 / 395fps
    • M130 / 425fps
    • M140 / 460fps
    • M150 / 490fps
    • M160 / 525fps or above

Yes, which is why full face masks are recommended. When I asked about it I was told of a situation he had seen, at another site, where a sniper snuck up on a player and asked for the surrender. Said player didn't take the surrender and shot the sniper who could not engage as he was well within the MED

At the end of the day some may not like the idea but it works for us

Yes, which is why full face masks are recommended. When I asked about it I was told of a situation he had seen, at another site, where a sniper snuck up on a player and asked for the surrender. Said player didn't take the surrender and shot the sniper who could not engage as he was well within the MED

Why did the sniper actively break his MED to 'sneak up'? Surely it would have been in his interest to move further away, and take the shot? Or draw his secondary and then offer the surrender...

Doesn't make sense to me.

I think if somebody sneaks up on  you and has his gun pointed at you, and calls mercy, and you turn around and shoot him? you're an *albatross*, doesn't matter what his MED is, that just fair play

I dont mean you specifically, I mean you as in people who dont take the mercy with a gun to their head, I see it alot, and even though we dont technically play with mercy, its kindof an unspoken rule htat if we have a shot that we wouldnt want to get hit with, IE point blank in the balls or back of the head or something, we calla a mercy, but every once in a while you get a really gung ho guy in there that just doesnt believe in mercy, so I just gotta shoot him all to hell...

I guess it's site and player base dependant. The sites I play at used to have a 10m MED for snipers, when all the Warrior L96s started coming out and every mong who'd read Sniper One could rock up with a 450fps gun but couldn't put a round centre mass on someone 5m away (case in point, the loose fabric of my UBACs on my left arm) this lead to the MED being increased to a strict 20m with it advised that snipers carry a secondary.

Generally with mercy/surrender kills, you don't have to take them...in certain games I've gone so far as to take a players own gun off them and shoot them with it (themed game), other times you can drop, turn and fire if you're quick enough and it's a 1 on 1 encounter.....sometimes you just have to take it and if someone has snuck up on me with a sniper rifle then I'd have very little quibble about that.

I think if somebody sneaks up on  you and has his gun pointed at you, and calls mercy, and you turn around and shoot him? you're an *albatross*, doesn't matter what his MED is, that just fair play

It might be true that it makes you an *albatross*, but if the person with the drop on you can't actually shoot you (because he's inside his MED) did he really have the drop on you in the first place? I don't think so; an offer of surrender is just that - an offer, not a compulsory order. It's a necessary rule that you're allowed not to take the surrender - it discourages people from sneaking up on a room full of enemies and attempting to surrender them - I mean, sure, they might get one or two, but the rest of them are going to turn round and perforate him, much like in real life. If you're going to offer someone the surrender, you'd better be in a position to shoot them if they refuse it.

Puresilver got it in one.

MED's are set as a safety precaution and are a part of the rules - breaking the rules is cheating. If you're sniping and are subject to an MED then you have to respect the rules that go along with that. You cannot offer a surrender/bang kill without being in a position to shoot...in other words you better have a gun capable of firing (outside of MED, gas in mag, battery charged/connected, BB's in chamber etc). They are courtesy kills...but how can you be courteous while you're cheating?

well its not like a sniper rifle magically becomes innefective between the barrel and 20m away, thats just safety rules, a gun is a gun, and it ifs pointed at your *albatross* from a foot away, you're dead

Well you're all pansies. Chronoed my Serbu yesterday, and that's with it running low on gas too.

I didn't know that you could get .12g to be registered on a chrono :P.

As for the 'sniper within MED offering a surrender'. If they are just constantly running into the MED and trying to abuse the rules on it then they are a bad player but if they keep getting put in situations where it really is there only choice (remember this was discussed a few weeks ago) then you can't fault them and personally I would take said offer of surrender. No-one has had to needlessly fire a shot and while you do get hit playing airsoft is it really that necessary to turn on someone and fire at them when they have had the decency to not shoot you, offer a surrender and are doing the best of the situaton they have been put in?

As for the 'must carry a secondary' that is fine if one the person can afford a secondary, two the site has a rule in place and three they remember to draw it. Saying that if they are within 5m of me and I turn to see a barrel and an offer of surrender I just say take it, not like you are getting a prize for winning is it? As for the real world arguments, I see the point but as milsim as some events try to be the typical Sunday skirmish for me is a game and a laugh and I treat it as such.

Either way, I just personally play the 'oh well it is a game and what is a jog to the re-spawn if not a little exercise' card :D.

'FireKnife'

The sniper deliberately got inside his MED and wasn't carrying a secondary for close range shots. Also we had been told that surrenders could be offered but didn't have to be taken so said sniper had put himself in a position where he offered the surrender bu had no way of taking the shot if it wasn't taken.

Although as the game in question was a team away day and almost every other rule was either broken by the home team or changed by the marshalls, just because we spanked them in the first game, I'm surprised this wasn't as well. Mind you, what should we have expected from a site run by Mark "theiving *bramston pickle*" Wolley of SAS fame?

in Belgium it's usually maximum

AEG 360FPS @.20 gr

Sniper 500FPS @.20gr

some field do have

semi AEG 400-450FPS @.20gr

And other fields don't even bother and you can cheat your hart out.

By law it's 7.5 joules, naturally, not allowed to shoot at people.

Could the poll be adjusted to either only FPS on a certain bb weight or on Joules?

To attain a desired FPS there is much more that comes into the picture than just the spring.

I get 350FPS on a M90. Others don't even come close using a M120.

in Belgium it's usually maximum

AEG 360FPS @.20 gr

Sniper 500FPS @.20gr

some field do have

semi AEG 400-450FPS @.20gr

And other fields don't even bother and you can cheat your hart out.

By law it's 7.5 joules, naturally, not allowed to shoot at people.

Could the poll be adjusted to either only FPS on a certain bb weight or on Joules?

To attain a desired FPS there is much more that comes into the picture than just the spring.

I get 350FPS on a M90. Others don't even come close using a M120.

Yeah echo that!

Airseal work can be really productive. 370fps on a m100 spring means your gearbox is going to last a lot longer than if you had a m120. 

We don't play urban, only bush so most rifles shoot 380-450fps, Fire support weapons is up to 500fps.

Also this is coupled with the use of low and real caps, while support weapons have higher capacity mags.

Given the quality of parts availabe in the market, I have found that upgrading beyond an M150 for a support weapon generally makes it unsustainable for use on the field due to general wear and tear. Beyond M150 while it is possible to get weapons firing at that power level they require a lot more upkeep than an M150 support weapon, and may not last the 3000 rounds of its magazine. 

• 9 months later...

meRica here. I have been playing for way too long and have had the fortinate ability to play in a rediclious amout of states. Generally there is no hard legal limit at least federally. So that means that the limits are generally set individual sights or more often the companys that offer insurance.

Generally I find limits at sights around me in new england (north east U.S.A) has 400 fps w/ .25 g bb's with snypers limited to 500 fps. w/ .25 g. (site dependant) I have played some unlimited games with friends and can say they are rediclious. I used to play with Haynes of gearbox fame but never invited him to the unlimited games becasue of fear of severe welts.

This is kinda a cool topic at least from my prospective. In the airsoft community everyone talks about there fps.  However people generally do not specify the weight of the bb. In the forums I used to frequent ( N.E.A.S.G) or north eastern airsoft group we refrenced our fps using .25 g bb's. It blew my mind when I found an airsoft philippines forum talking abaout 450 fps auto games. So when replying plese be curtious to include this.

I am a little cruious as to what the rest of the U.S.A. is playing with. In addition it is really cool to get a internal prospective on fps limits. They have such an inpact on game play and it gives us a better comprehension of games are genneraly like in said contry. I do find that where ever you are it only matters who you are playing with, how considerate they are.

Sorry if this is a little out there in terms of wording or spelling it has been a verry long day at work. holy *suitcase* did I acidently necro this ish. topics dont move to far on this page do they.

• 6 months later...

I got 3 sites in ma place Urban Assault and Free Fire Zone (I run all my AEG's at 340 FPS just under 5FPS under site rule's of 345FPS on SP90 spring, AEG base semi locked DMR 400 FPS, BASR 500FPS)

Close Action, 370 FPS AEG on SP100 spring.

I keep several GB tuned to each site's Rule.

Archived