BO Manufacture AKM13?

blobface

By the time you have brought all the Lonex parts to upgrade to this spec the bo works out cheaper .

Lonex gearbox £ 160 quid

Hop unit £ 20 + 50 degree hop rubber

Barrel Lonex 50 / 70 quid

Motor 40 / 50 quid

Bore up kit , 30 / 60 quid

Gearset 30 quid

Hard case 50 / 100 quid

Steel magazine 20/ 30 quid

Real steel sling

Battery 7.4 lipo

Charger

That's without tech fees and the external refinishing to assemble it all

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know some people like to upgrade the *suitcase out of everything, but this is a "rifleman" role gun, is it really necessary to upgrade it so much? I dont think so.

get a Cyma LCT style AK

Refinish the externals

pay a mech to service properly the gearbox, install a 340 FPS spring and an ER-Hop

Save a ton of money and skirmish a bad*albatroth/eliminating gun

By the time you have brought all the Lonex parts to upgrade to this spec the bo works out cheaper .

Are you sure?

Lonex gearbox £ 160 quid,

JD have 'em for £140

Barrel Lonex 50 / 70 quid

£30 ish from landwarrior

Bore up kit , 30 / 60 quid

Gearset 30 quid

Both of those are already taken care of in the gearbox IIRC and even if they're not you don't need a bore up kit in a regular length AK, and it wont work at UK velocities anyway.

Hard case 50 / 100 quid

You can get one on EBay without "BO" printed on the side for around £35-40

Steel magazine 20/ 30 quid

well they're essentialy just swapping out the hicap (£20) that comes with the LCT for a G&P or G&G style magazine which are both more like £10-15, and you'll never buy just one, so I'd call that £0 personally

Real steel sling

Battery 7.4 lipo

Charger

None of which come with the gun?

I've knocked between £130-200 off your estimate, without buying parts even cheaper from hong kong etc and I wouldn't be charging myself a tech fee, so is It still cheaper to buy the BO?

So land warrior / Firesupport / zero 1 and a few others don't sell pre upgraded guns and call them custom then ?? Bo are doing nothing different to them , but putting a few more goodies into the deal for the price hike .

As for bore up kits not working at uk velocity s . My aug has one fitted , real sword dragunov has one . And they work perfectly at 350 fps . As does the bo akm . Also which Lonex gearbox did you price up for ? As there are several different versions all at different prices .

You could build a similar gun for a smaller budget would it be tested and warrantied ? Would it fire as well or have this guns range /

accuracy and Rof . Probably not ,

I have the same argument with real sword guns yes you can build something similar for less money . Will it have the same quality and externals ? Not a chance in hell .as Cyma have proved with their rs clone dragunov . Half the price yes , also half the quality and half the range and accuracy , does it look the same ? Sort of . does it feel the same ? No . Does it shoot the same ? Not even close to a real sword for accuracy / range ..or build quality

While externally a cyma AK (cm040) might not look as good as a high end AEG, simple servicing and hop tweaks can make it perform as good as a high end one, range- precision wise, maybe not the ROF, but thats something I dont bother with as real guns dont shoot 20rps, not AKs or M4s anyway.

Is a BO worth the price tag? depends on the buyers eyes, but most of the players will say no for the same reasons which have already been stated by most of the readers of this thread.

blobface: sorry, my argument still stands, but I have to admit that if I had to buy a systema or this BO-AK, I would choose this AK, why? it works and is reliable, unlike any not heavily modded ptw, but again, any cm 040 (VFC clone) can perform and be equally reliable as this BO with simple mods and spring change (for legal reasons), install an ER-hop and it will shamesly outperform it with lower power levels

Only selling point is pricetag/prestige

Isn't this what we wanted? To have things made in UK (EU)?

You can argue about overpriced, but i don't think it is.

The price is made up from:

Rifle

Parts

Shipping to europe

Duty (not VAT)

EU labor

BO profit

That's the base product.

Then comes:

Shipping to dealer

Dealer profit

VAT

900usd seems about right to me. It's just adds up to a lot more in the end when it's made in EU.

I've been following a similar idea with a AEG product, and the EU retail price is ending up at 1800USD :/

So land warrior / Firesupport / zero 1 and a few others don't sell pre upgraded guns and call them custom then ?? Bo are doing nothing different to them , but putting a few more goodies into the deal for the price hike .

Well "someone else does it too" doesn't make it okay, that kind of logic is like if you slipped off a roof and then shot yourself in the head so the fall wouldn't kill you. and second I dont really see how you get "a few more goodies" with the BO AK than say land warrior's "custom" M4s or Pulse rifle.

As for bore up kits not working at uk velocity s . My aug has one fitted , real sword dragunov has one . And they work perfectly at 350 fps .

Bore up kits are only any real use for guns with ridiculously long barrels, they'll work exactly as well as a full cylinder and flat piston for anything else, and they need the piston to generate enough pressure to seal the bore, so they don't work properly under about M110, and really work best around M130. Regardless, when the same effect can be achieved in an AK length gun with regular piston heads, or even a quieter gun with an airbrake etc for less money, why bother with the bore up?

Also which Lonex gearbox did you price up for ?

high speed M100, you might split hairs that the gun will come with the M120, but since you'd need to swap it out for an M100 anyway you'd be paying extra for absolutely no benefit.

You could build a similar gun for a smaller budget would it be tested and warrantied ?

Of coarse I'd test it, probably about a thousand times wile building it, just to get the FPS consistant, but if I'm building it and it doesn't work, I can get the guy that built it to try again... Warranty is a similarly moot point for personal use, but were I selling them to other people, they would be

covered under the sale of goods act just the same as the BO.

Would it fire as well or have this guns range /

accuracy and Rof . Probably not ,

First off, that's just insulting, second I'd have it firing however the hell I liked, not "400 FPS at 22 rps on a 9.6v" In fact lets break that down a little: 400 FPS is only legal for semi automatic in the UK, so realistically it would have to be 350.

22RPS on 9.6v? you can get almost any gun into that area if you shim the gearbox properly and you're not using the 600mah 9.6 that came free with a JG 6 years ago.

This i can live without. Looks like a overpriced "nice" AK.

Can accomplish the same thing for much less with a bit of work.

Also, if you plan spend this much on airsoft gun, you really should be able to put a gun together yourself, in my opinion atleast.

Not everybody is a budding gun tech , carpenter or metal finisher , some people don't have time in their lives to be stripping down and building guns or polishing woodwork or steel , they want something out of the box that just works as it should and will pay extra to have that .

Working with your anology if I buy an expensive car or computer should I be able to disassemble it and mend it myself .

Better still why don't all the Airsoft manufacturers just sell guns as kits with an assembly video in the box ?

If you can't afford one or won't spend that much for something you want why put down people who can ?

Are you sure?

JD have 'em for £140

£30 ish from landwarrior

Both of those are already taken care of in the gearbox IIRC and even if they're not you don't need a bore up kit in a regular length AK, and it wont work at UK velocities anyway.

You can get one on EBay without "BO" printed on the side for around £35-40

well they're essentialy just swapping out the hicap (£20) that comes with the LCT for a G&P or G&G style magazine which are both more like £10-15, and you'll never buy just one, so I'd call that £0 personally

None of which come with the gun?

I've knocked between £130-200 off your estimate, without buying parts even cheaper from hong kong etc and I wouldn't be charging myself a tech fee, so is It still cheaper to buy the BO?

If you want a gun that works out of the box . Also not everyone has the time skill or knowledge to build a gun that fires this well . Its lucky you wouldn't charge yourself a labour fee because after you have finished with the internals you can spend the next day prepping and finishing the externals and tweaking all the bits you assembled to work properly . Also this gun is not only for the uk market so an overkill gearbox and bore up kit do have a use . Also on some web sites it is advertised with a charger , lipo etc included .

The new model of the 416 has the same profile lower as M4/AR15's now. They may be basing it off of that.

Nope, its not the same profile as an m16 lower like on a m416A5, it *is* an m16 lower, pistol grip, mag catch etc, and if they were going for the A5, they've got the upper wrong...

Not everybody is a budding gun tech , carpenter or metal finisher , some people don't have time in their lives to be stripping down and building guns or polishing woodwork or steel , they want something out of the box that just works as it should and will pay extra to have that .

Working with your anology if I buy an expensive car or computer should I be able to disassemble it and mend it myself .

Better still why don't all the Airsoft manufacturers just sell guns as kits with an assembly video in the box ?

If you can't afford one or won't spend that much for something you want why put down people who can ?

First off ill just say that the skills/manhours needed to put together an airsoft gun cant be compared to building a car.

Secondly, i agree that not everyone has the time or skills to make there own guns. But how often do they buy 1000 dollar guns?

For me it seems wierd to buy a 1000 dollar gun if you cant even fix it yourself if it breaks. Its just logic to me that if you use so much money on a hobby, you are more into it than most people and should have a bit of knowledge about gearboxes and whatnot. 

Also, theres probably a reason there are so few guns like these, because the market for it doesnt really exist. People who spend want to spend taht much on this hobby, likes to put it together themselves to save some money.

Every single black ops gun that pas had sold quite quickly so obviously there is a market for them . Same as the pre upgraded vsr snipers and predator guns that z one make sell out fast , also pas sell custom guns that always sell out . Fast as well . Also fire support build custom guns that also sell well .

I think you need to talk to a few retailers / suppliers before jumping to conclusions about the Airsoft marketplace .

Archived