Forum Woes

xRAZERx

There are a few things that really get me stressed about the forums and I need to know if it's just me it happens to.

When you have an item for sale and you look in the post and you see that people have been in there for like 20 minutes. I sit there wondering if they've fallen asleep.

When you log off and yur item has had 20 views then you come back and it's got 90 yet you have no inboxes.

When you're reading an interesting post and then yuo see that another member's name has gone into italic, so you keep refreshing the post yet their post never seems to get there,

So you go away, and when you come back the post is really tiny and of no interest to you at all :lol:

When you can see the title of a posty yet you cannot load it and then the site crashes.

And worst for me, when you're out and you check your email on your mobile and you have a new PM but have no way to get at it for hours and hours :lol:

It's not just limited to this site or even airsoft for me....

I read the for sale forum just to see if anyones saying "OMG G36c and Chrome HK Desert Eagle for sale for £3 must go now! Will only sell to someone whos forum handle starts in 'P'!"

No luck yet..

Edit: Hence lots of views but nto messages.. people like me are purchase-voyeurs maybe.

you've got it xraxerx.

all those things do my nut. apart from the one about phones and email and stuff :blink:

another thing that annoys me is when you are having a 'PM conversation'. 3 or 4 get sent between you an the other guy, but then a break. you check his profile to see where he is on the site, and it says 'PM center', or something. so you think "cool, hes now doing another PM".

but no.

its at least an hour before you get the next one, but he has been in the PM center for the whole time :blink:

as i use the forum, i am going to come here and post a pet hate every time i come across one lol.

ah yes full PM boxes.

does my nut, but it reminds me i need to contact Hissing Sid.

his was full  :angry:

Now, I could get all smug and sorta go "hey, well, I'm a popular guy and it's no surprise that my inbox was full" but the sad fact is that I actually just got spammed by somebody sending me about 20 PMs last night. They were all deleted as soon as I saw them this morning. :)

Regarding the "4 squillion views and 0 replies" thing, I must admit that I see it and I feel bad about it but sometimes it's just gonna happen.

2 examples:-

1) A thread with an interesting or ambiguous title which turns out to be "waht Am Be57 GunZ0rZ???"

2) A thread with "Marui M4 for sale with a battery and 2 hicaps. £300 ONO."

Both of these threads, as well as many more, are going to get a bunch of views but not much in the way of responses.

A LOT of the time, when I see threads with a lot of views but no replies there is an element of one or the other of the above problems with the post.

When you're reading an interesting post and then yuo see that another member's name has gone into italic, so you keep refreshing the post yet their post never seems to get there,

So you go away, and when you come back the post is really tiny and of no interest to you at all :lol:

Quoted for truth :D

I keep wondering why I hang around here :D

I have a look at General Discussion, then Gear, then Off-Topic, and it's always the same old same old. But I somehow manage to spend hours just hitting F5 on the main page.

Or I'll go away for 10 minutes, then come back and go "Ooh, wonder if anything interesting has been posted?", and it'll be somebody saying "What size hat should I buy?" :Zzz::P

Another thing I do is spend about 7 minutes making some really lengthy, techy question, and then think "Oh sod this," and just look up the answer on Google. I think I've created about 2 new topics in as many months.

oo... but then you read one of the threads and you learn why people's names are sometimes in italics, I never knew that!

and if you wondered why my name lasted in italics so long just to write this small amount - blame that on the Asbach, it seems to have interfered with the order my fingers type letter sin.

2 examples:-

1) A thread with an interesting or ambiguous title which turns out to be "waht Am Be57 GunZ0rZ???"

And it's always by someone who didn't know there was a search function.

Or I'll go away for 10 minutes, then come back and go "Ooh, wonder if anything interesting has been posted?", and it'll be somebody saying "What size hat should I buy?"

Well what hat should I buy? Easy answer, one that doesn't restrict the blood flow as much as the one you have clearly got on now.

xRAZERx

have a look at New gun/a new gun thread the guy must think it's your birthday.

• 3 weeks later...

thread revival.

just noticed another thing that gets me.

you make a post, and refresh the page.

then you see somebody else has posted in the same topic, a couple of minutes later.

and its unrelated to my post.

dunno about you guys, but i always think that the next post will have some point of reference to my post.

when it doesnt, it irritates me. i dont know why, and i dont know why i should expect the next post to refer to mine, but i just do.

i dunno.

Good to see some people regard themselves as the centre of the universe. :P

:zorro:

Well that's because some of us are :D

Like I sit here doing a night shift, gf's gone to bed at home so I can't talk to her (not that I get much chance because work tends to get in the way), there's a good thread going on, like the religion one, and suddenly everyone who was posting buggers off to bed leaving me to be bored out of my skull struggling to stay awake.

Archived