G&P Buffer Tube Gas Tank for Marui 870

TheFull9

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah, now Blobface is going to be p***ed off. The Angry Gun one resolves my major issue with the G&P (being hideous); that's much better.

[EDIT]It also resolves another thing I don't like about the G&P - the 'catridge' system. If you look at this photo carefully, you can see a fill port ahead of the buffer tube's foremost position cavity:

10269408_728156217225617_583713324009398

So you just fill the buffer tube. Much, much cleverer than the overly-complicated and leaky-looking G&P.[EDIT]

My trouble with the Angry Gun version over the G&P is the stock alignment to the barrel and sights.. I think it'll be hard to shoulder and rest your cheek whilst looking down the sights properly. Granted it looks slightly better but I'm not 100% about it. Will probably pick one up to have a look! 

Regarding the grip. In Spetznazdave's review he talks about how the Marui grip's dimensions are off. It's on YouTube.

I think he mentions it in this vid:-

There are two parts to the review (the second is a kind of report of modifications and skirmish results).

• 4 weeks later...

Coming soon - http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=GP-ACC-MSP010

244$ Im sorry, but thats not worth it. Sub 100$ would have been fair and I would have paid 150$, but this?

I have no doubt whatever chinese company is making the Marui 870 clone will make a whole gun with this as a default for less than just the kit.

In all honesty I don't think it's that overpriced... Or maybe I'm missing something... ?

Seems a lot of machining work went into it, the furniture that comes with it, design of the tank, seals,.... and all the rest...

Seen a lot more stuff way way more overpriced... Seem pricey at first sight... But after giving it some thought... Seems not so bad...

Yeah, like blablabla says, it's expensive, but then it's a pretty expensive-looking item. That central block looks to have been machined from billet, not cast; it has those cylinder 'magazines' and it comes with all the furniture.

If you don't like the price, the Angry Gun one is substantially cheaper.

Proprietary, niche-appeal, low-production-volume new airsoft product turns out to cost more than $100.. gotta be honest, I do not find that surprising in the slightest bit.

For some reason I had it in my mind that Angry Gun were quite a high level brand, whereas G&P are very middle of the road/average.  Are there any more details on the AG version out there because all I've seen is one small picture so far?  Maybe I'm just being dense again...

I think people meant £100 for the angry gun version, which is about $160. So that would lave $84 for a stock and grip (plus postage and import duty), so yeah, the price isn't that much different.

Regarding the rail; have G&P said that their stock adaptor, once installed, mean you'll require a new rail (on the Tokyo Marui M870)?

Archived