KA GBB Thompson Preview

The Insider

Ohh, nice catch Hitman.

I for one will be sticking with the 20 round stick mags for two reasons.

One, I prefer to use the same mag with any gas gun, because different styles of magazines will give slightly different FPS, leading to more inaccuracy.

Two, because the 20 rounders will be easiest to change, and probably the cheapest so I'll have several of them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be having a drum mag and a couple other mags depending on price. Damn if this performs well I am all over this.

Odd thing is though I personally done get on that well with iron sights and theres a peice of me saying 'ahh you could add a top rail, and an EOTech itd be fine!' rest of me is like 'what the hell Josh, no. Just no.' lol

Wait, isn't KA the ones that produced that terribad WA clone of theirs that shook itself to death (and only ended up being marginally better than an AGM)? I don't think I want to gamble with a V1 of this in that case.

Oh hell, I've bought first version guns before and they've ALL been terrible. Why can't companies do their R&D and get their QC down before they sell the gun!??!

Buuuuut...dependant on price, I might just get this the day it comes out.

• 3 weeks later...

What you want is the gas thompson and a single aps 870 shell with a simple hammer setup to trigger the shell

or since the 870 is the same as the one they used inside the pulse rifle prop iirc you could buy their shotgun and cut it up and fit it inside.... not that I have thought about this or anything.

Dammit I want someone to make an auto 5 shotgun so I can have a proper twenties 3 gun setup, maybe even get off my bottom and finish the 1919 or build myself a Lewis gun.

But both the load out and the guns would be so impractical, shell fed Revolvers ideally a Webley, a gas SMG not to mention a shell ejecting shotgun.

PeakyBlinders01-WebleyIV.jpg

All I would need to find is a mad scouser to carry the Lewis gun and to convince fireknife to wear a three piece suit and a flat cap.

What you want is the gas thompson and a single aps 870 shell with a simple hammer setup to trigger the shell

or since the 870 is the same as the one they used inside the pulse rifle prop iirc you could buy their shotgun and cut it up and fit it inside.... not that I have thought about this or anything.

Dammit I want someone to make an auto 5 shotgun so I can have a proper twenties 3 gun setup, maybe even get off my bottom and finish the 1919 or build myself a Lewis gun.

But both the load out and the guns would be so impractical, shell fed Revolvers ideally a Webley, a gas SMG not to mention a shell ejecting shotgun.

PeakyBlinders01-WebleyIV.jpg

All I would need to find is a mad scouser to carry the Lewis gun and to convince fireknife to wear a three piece suit and a flat cap.

I like everything, except the shotgun. Why not use the TM M870t, as it's a shotgun that doesn't eject shells, because ejecting shells is a retarded idea for skirmishing.

I'd love a GBB A5/M11 Using the TM tribarreled system, but just make it GBB(assuming there is enough space for the redesign). Well, I wouldn't mind if it was a "semi blow back" IE no felt recoil but the gas reloads the BBs into the barrels.

Or a similar mechanism to the marushin/acm M500s with the rolling breach loader, that could be coupled with a GBB bolt system without much trouble at all.

Aye you're right the tm setup with some blowback would rock in an a5 body shells hold decent amounts of ammo but I would really want a few more bbs

You want more than six? What, you want a semi auto moscart launcher?

My only experience is with the tm spring guns spread and I found the 8 shot maruzen/marushin very effective. Plus if it wasn't worthless in terms of range having no hop and if I had a little tine and cash for project guns I would have a 12 bore over under with the goblin shells.

'social' loadings for shotguns are 12-15 00 buckshot pellets so I feal 8-10 bbs per shell isn't unrealistic.

Either 2 barrels or just for a giggle make a copy of the triple threat 3 barrelled shotgun with of course having the ability to fire both barrels at once. :D. The idea of a two trigger O/U some nice wood and a little scrollwork sounds appealing.

My happy place in airsoft is a tight close in cqb site something akin to combat city in Florida or the courthouse. Nice small tight corridor to corridor fighting space hulk style. I love moscarts, large spread shotguns and fast trigger semi auto pistols for area denial. I mean if I fired a couple of 8 shot shells would you really want to push on to my position?

I just want my grenade launchers to work like grenade launchers shotguns to work like shotguns and the snozzberries to taste like snozzberries.

For CQB a tight spread of 3 is just right, my TM M3 is the best CQB airsoft gun I've ever used (Not best "shotgun", best "gun")

Woodlanding I've used the 5 shot marushin clones (with modded hop) and the gas TM M870 (6 shot) and found them to be more than adequate.

Why are we talking snotguns on a Thompson thread?

To try to steer this back on track, is there any more news, like a release date? Price? and avalibility of magazines.

Because we saw thompson and then thought ooh shiny 1920's softing ahoy! And I then went ooh I need a Webley a browning auto 5 and a Lewis gun to complete the set and have a team of blinders that look a bit ill.

I need a thompson, an auto five and one of these:

Archived