Excel BBs

R22Master

Right after having nothing but trouble last week with feed problems with my ICS MP5 i decided to try something.

Instead of using some excel ammo, i got a bag of ICS .20 from zero one and guess what not feed problems at all this weekend (24th) <_< so next weekend (31st) at Lightfighter Urban am going to run 2 mags with ICS in and 2 with Excel and lets see which ones i have problems with hey..... <_<

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree.  The excel .2g I have used have jammed in the AEP mag due to being too small.

I always prefer to use KSC .2g as they are very clean and polished and feed well.

ATM I am using HFC .2 and they are fine in all my guns....BUT DO check the bag, I got a staple jammed in my FAMAS hicap!!  The bags tend to have little bits of ###### in them, but the BB are good.

McM

I agree completely, the HFC bb's are superb but always give the bag a good inspection as i find stuff in them all the time....... which is a bit of a bummer but they are still amazing bb's.

I have used HFC 0.25g in my AEG before but they jammed it a few times so I stopped using them, I have a tightbore and the tolerances seem too tight for HFC, I like TM BBs but they are pricy. For the money ICS BBs are great, a good BB which comes in a lareg pack, they perfrom consistently well, shame they only make 0.2g. I would like to see soem Guarder, White Devils, Goldfire, AirsoftArmouries and ICS BBs added to that big BB review, it would be nice to see how well they all do.

I think I've said this elsewhere, but I had my first negative experience with Excel .25s at AG05 on the sunday morning. One of my RPK's high-caps inexplicably ceased to fire, and it was only upon retreating from the front lines and having a closer look that I discovered one of the bbs was in fact a 'siamese bb', having a smaller, defective bb moulded to it.

Thankfully it had got no further than jamming in the lip of the magazine, and thanks to Demon.B, I was able to poke it out before it did any more damage. The thoughts of what it could have done if loaded into the rifle don't bear thinking about though. It could quite easily have ripped the hop up rubber, or worse jammed the whole gun.

It is in fairness the first defect I've encountered in about 8 bags of excel bbs, but it's certainly a worrying one...

i use excel bbs but only becuase i got them with my gun and also they are quite cheap.

never had a problem or mis molded bbs in about 9 or 10 bags and the yseem to work fine allthough the otehr day they did decide to jam my beretta so im gonna be checking them now and will get some of the goldfire ones sometime to play around with them

Archived