Excel BBs

R22Master

I use the Excel 0.2s in both my upgraded MC51 and my two USP's.

They seem to work fine in the MC with the odd occasional double bb fired out. My USP's sometimes do the same as somebody mentioned previously with a bb or two rolling out of the barrel.

My next bb purchase will be either goldfire (as i've never tried them) or ICS (I've tried them before and they seemed to be good)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use excels out of habit as that is what i have used since i started airsofting. Started off on .25's, never had any issues with them as far as i can remember, though i did notice seam lines on them occasionally.

Otherwise since then i have used .2's because they are generally the bbs of choice at skirmish sites i've been to, and they are generally the cheapest. My old WA MEU (1st run when WA released it last year) never had any issues with them, and i have yet to find problems with them in either my M15 or hi capa.

Next time round i might try the KSC ones from *albatross*. Never tried Goldfire as i hadnt heard of the brand before, and i didnt see any reason to change from excels - as has been said why fix what aint broke ?

Orginally i used excel, but now I use ICS because you get more for your money!

I didn't have a problem with the excel bb's at all, just wanted to get more for my moneys worth. I don't have any problems with the ICS ones either!

TBH i get as many bb's as possible, but i have never tried the TM bb's.

Really it depends on what you want, but i doubt there would be much if any noticable difference between the brands. JUST DONT BUY THE ONES FOR 99p AT A LOCAL MARKET, OR ANY SPECIAL OFFERS FROM FOREIGN DEALERS AT SHOWS!!!!!!!!

J

i never really liked using excels, the only itmes i have used them are if its all their is.

i use ICS BB's, becasue they are cheap and come in big bags from Z1.

however, i think AA BB's are the WORST BB's i have ever, ever used. my team brought a whole box from AA, and not one single bag had less than 3 or 4 faults (bad bb's, plastic cut offs etc etc).

they suck

Not bad. I just bought excels as ammo for DT and used Elite Airsoft. They have the 3000 bb bottles for £4 so its pretty reasonable & bulk boxes of 18000 for £22 also at the moment for anyone else looking to get cheap ammo for DT.

I might well give the ICS a go next time though - i just tend to try and avoid buying just bbs from places as the postage makes it silly money, and i havent really got a need for any gun bits at the moment.

There are a LOT of myths about Excel that have been propogated by Airsofters. Most are of the mentality of "if I use them they are the best, because I always use the best."

Excel in .20 3700 count, .23 2500 count and .25 in 2200 count are NOT BIODEGRADEABLE. People kinda glaze over the term that is in real small lettering that says Biofriendly. It never ever has said biodegradable. People are just making assumptions.

Only Excel in .20 1700 and .25 1500 count bags is truly BIODEGRADEABLE.

On these smaller packs it says: Biodegradable bb's. These BB's are made from compressed starch with a lacquer outer shell.

Excel is what we call a small-bore bb's. Using a caliper (a fine measuring instrument) Excels on average measure only 5.95mm in diameter. This is why it will roll out your barrel. Airsoft guns that have 6.08mm barrels suffer from the "drooling bb" syndrome most noticeable with excels. WA .22 bb's are by far the most consistent at 5.98mm in diameter.

Straights/Digicon are by far the worst in diameter consistency bb variances can swing by +/- .04mm per bb and these are "lubbed" bb's the outer shell has a fine coating of graphite on them.

Now here's a funny thing, you all know why golf balls have dimples right? Well the production defect of an excel bb actually helps it fly further then say a perfectly smooth bb.

Thing is...you DON'T want a perfectly round bb that is the same diameter as your barrel, if you do it will:

Jam easier,

Accuracy will be worse, especially with hop-up

FPS will be worse, especially with hop-up

As for feeding issues with mags...well that is a whole different issue.

Personally, I will use any bb that has no:

Burs, uneven seams, and external lubricants.

And I favor WA .22 and Excel .23's for performance balances.

Excel is a alright bb brand but I dont buy them much anymore, because i bought a bag of 6000 for 12 bucks and theyre was about 30 disfigured bb's they looked like they've been in a jam in a gun and when i fire my M11A1 it shoot's 3 bb's on semi after that I read the manual and it never said ANYTHING about 3 round burst. So I bought Premium Infinity BBs it helped a little bit, AND Excel bb's ARE NOT Biodegradable i've had Excel bb's All over my back yard for the past 5 years none them have Biodegraded

Or do you, like me, think that Excels are missing the mark on quality?

I agree. The excel .2g I have used have jammed in the AEP mag due to being too small.

I always prefer to use KSC .2g as they are very clean and polished and feed well.

ATM I am using HFC .2 and they are fine in all my guns....BUT DO check the bag, I got a staple jammed in my FAMAS hicap!! The bags tend to have little bits of ###### in them, but the BB are good.

McM

I just use Airsoft Elite. The BB's are well-made, the bags are large (3750 x .20g, 3000 x .25g), and there are no bits of random ###### in the bags. Also, staples aren't an issue, because these bags don't use staples--the tops are tear-off sealed above the Zip-Loc. At my local airsoft store (Depot 53), the .20g bags are $11.49, and the .25g bags are $13.49 (I don't know the exact pound-dollar exchange rate). The price has gone up a dollar or so on the .25g bags for some reason.

-Clifton C.

Excel is a alright bb brand but I dont buy them much anymore, because i bought a bag of 6000 for 12 bucks and theyre was about 30 disfigured bb's they looked like they've been in a jam in a gun and when i fire my M11A1 it shoot's 3 bb's on semi after that I read the manual and it never said ANYTHING about 3 round burst. So I bought  Premium Infinity BBs it helped a little bit, AND Excel bb's ARE NOT Biodegradable i've had Excel bb's All over my back yard for the past 5 years none them have Biodegraded

They don't sell them in bags of 6000 BTW. Did someone pour a bag of bb's together and sell them to you?

People said they have problems with Inertia black BBs, like seams and abnormalities, but I have never seen this on any of the Inertia BBs that I have used.

Not seams, but some BBs are VERY small, some came with chunks taken out of them and they are VERY BRITTLE. As part of my bio degration test I cracked some excels and some inertias and the inertia's shattered while the excels bent. Yet Airsoft Atlanta claims that Inertia's don't shatter.

I've just always used Excel because it was said that they were the best. Like someone said before me, I just though my hopup was letting BBs out of my barrel....hmm interesting huh?

Currently I am using a cheapo brand callled...drum roll please....

FLYING COLORS

heh....they arn't bad and they seem like the same quality as Excel.....but at $12 for 2000 bbs...my bank account is dwindling to a nonexistant state.

But, I do trust ICS though. All my team mates use it and they are the best quality I've ever seen in a BB.

But you can't beat how the Marui ones look...that kind of pearl color of whitish purple and so shiny......ahhh

~P

I don't carry BBs with me in the field. Too much noise...Makes you sound like a camoflauged Baby rattle with a gun...

I just fill up my Hi-cap and go. If I need a refil then I'll ask a team mate. The baby rattle thing is too much for me. Even my hicap rattling is too much sometimes.

Hmm, that gives me an idea for a project suggestion....check for it in a while once I have worked it out.

~P

I am begging, someone, PLEASE take a picture of a cube shaped bb'... I want to see these flawed bb's... I have never seen, or never noticed any, and never had a problem with any in my gun, and i've been using Excel from the start.

EDIT: perhaps this warrants a picture thread... :D

I am begging, someone, PLEASE take a picture of a cube shaped bb'... I want to see these flawed bb's... I have never seen, or never noticed any, and never had a problem with any in my gun, and i've been using Excel from the start.

EDIT: perhaps this warrants a picture thread... :D

goes to take pictures of dodgy bb's :rolleyes:

I had one stuck in my M4 a few months ago....a friend of mine took a picture of it with his camera......I'll try to get it to you in a few days once he gets back from vacation (for the fifth time this summer).

But it wasn't a cube....it looked more like a *weiner*.....uh, you get it...

~P

Archived