Purpose of Life and self motivation

xRAZERx

I try not to mess with the meaning of life and all.

Life is too complex to sum up in words...to know the meaning of life, you have to live...

There is something going on on a grand scale...and I don't want to get involved. I just want to be able to leave this world and not be able to regret a minute of it...no matter what...

~P

I was sent here to learn.

This existence has so much to offer in the way of knowledge, so many things that I know and so many I am yet to find out. Wether I'm learning the correct way to excavate and record an iron age burial, the way to complete Final Fantasy 7 or experiencing the feeling of truly powerful love for someone, I believe that all humans are here to learn as much from life as possible. If we do not learn, we do not grow. If we do not grow, we have no reason to exist. So I was sent here to learn, and that's what I intend to do.

Me too! That and to be a butterfly in the Chaos of the space-time continuum, casting ripples into eternity.

...what motivates all of you to go on, what you feel your purpose in life is so to speak?

As has already been said- to keep learning, all new knowledge adds to the understanding of who and what I am.

I am an altruist; my self worth is expressed in my need to help others, and in the knowledge that I did my best, whether it was appreciated or not.

My purpose? To care for and cherish what is important to me, to accept my own weaknesses and learn to over-come them. To be proud, without conceit, of my strengths and achievements and to strive to better them.

To give my best to who-ever I'm with and what ever I do, then it doesn't matter what anybody thinks of me or what the results are, because I know I've done my best. That gives me peace.

Not to p*ss on anyone's fire, but I'm here because my parents went at it, now I'm here for (hopefully) 80 years, and my purpose it to grow up, survive to reproductive age, reproduce as much as possible (woo), keep my offspring alive until they reack reproductive age, and then die.

Surely everyone's the same?

Sorry, call me a scientist :P

I'll call you something, Havoc... :lol:

My purpose? To seek out new life, and new civilisations. To boldly... wait a sec, that's not mine.

*Stops reading Star Trek novels*

Um... Not sure there is a purpose. Not the most uplifting view, but I guess the closest I have is you should try and figure out what your purpose is. It's not about achieving a result, but how you pass the journey.

Ok, maybe I'll try again tomorrow...

:zorro:

Not to p*ss on anyone's fire, but I'm here because my parents went at it, now I'm here for (hopefully) 80 years, and my purpose it to grow up, survive to reproductive age, reproduce as much as possible (woo), keep my offspring alive until they reack reproductive age, and then die.

Surely everyone's the same?

Sorry, call me a scientist :P

not a chance, i don't want to have children at all and i have no plans to live that long :D i plan to live untill oil runs out, and with the help of america that will be quite soon :rolleyes:

I'll call you something, Havoc... :lol:

My purpose? To seek out new life, and new civilisations. To boldly... wait a sec, that's not mine.

*Stops reading Star Trek novels*

Um... Not sure there is a purpose. Not the most uplifting view, but I guess the closest I have is you should try and figure out what your purpose is. It's not about achieving a result, but how you pass the journey.

Ok, maybe I'll try again tomorrow...

same, one thing that always comforts me is knowing every second im closer to the end of my life :D

and i am been deadly serious ;)

Yes, the one with the most toys at the end wins! :P

Thats Enzo then :P

I, too, am a Christian and therefore I believe I am here because God wants me to be here. I was raised as a Christian so I didn't have the born again experience that many have had. To a degree, this has caused me to take my faith for granted in the past but only recently have I really began to realize God's great love as a tangible force.

I think that God has a universal plan for all of His children that they spread His truth and show kindness, compassion, and love toward one another. Furthermore, I know that God has a personal plan for each of us by which He uses us to spread His word. I don't know what that plan is yet but I'm sure that it has something to do with the artistic talents I've been blessed with.

Basically what I'm saying is that I've learned. And I think we can all agree, regardless of faith, that learning and taking what we've learned to both improve ourselves and show love toward others is a major point of life. :D

I've learnt one thing bout god. I beleve in him. But i beleve he's just using us for cheap laughs think about it he made the world univer so on and so forth the worlds a stage life is just one slapstick comedey with the odd love scene.

[/bitter]

I really don't want this to become a huge debate but agree to disagree.

I believe God gave us free will and it's human kinds' selfishness (catalyzed by the devil's lies) that is the cause of pain and wickedness in the world.

One may then ask "Why did God give us free will if He knew we'd make bad decisions and mess up the world?" It's a simple matter of free will vs. robotic response.

If I were going to have a son or daughter I'd much prefer they have a free will to make decisions (preferrably good decisions motivated by love) rather than a robot that reacts by programming.

I've learnt one thing bout god. I beleve in him. But i beleve he's just using us for cheap laughs think about it he made the world univer so on and so forth the worlds a stage life is just one slapstick comedey with the odd love scene.

[/bitter]

"Think someone could spend half their life in a slam with a horse bit in their mouth and not believe? Think he could start out in some liquor store trash bin with an umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and not believe? Got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God... And I absolutely hate the *fruitcage*."

Archived